Harrison calls out Kelce for quitting on Interception

Normally I would say it matters not if he just went down right away. The guy though did not just go down right away. He tried his best to score. Who knows what can happen them with a fumble to recovery or running it back the other way etc. You should never give up and we saw what right looked like with Hill making the tackle after not giving up.

There was a game where Nate Clements intercepted the ball and ran back 20 yards and got the ball stripped and the other team got the ball and scored a field goal to win. I think it was against the Falcons. The media was all over him for not just downing the ball since they were up by one or two points already. I guess they hope that Kelce would turn White into Clements? And I suppose they somehow imagine Kelce to be able to do what Peters did when he stripped the ball and returned for a touchdown?

Kelce should be chastised for this.   I really can't stand his whole persona.   He's a great player, but is my least favorite Chief player.   

Alex didn't quit.  Fisher didn't quit.  Tyreke didn't quit, and made quite the effort to finally make the tackle, and maybe strip the ball, from way back.  If White was stupid enough and selfish enough to not go down immediately, and end the game, then every Chief player should try and make him pay, and get the ball back.  

Kelce should be chastised for this. I really can't stand his whole persona. He's a great player, but is my least favorite Chief player.

Alex didn't quit. Fisher didn't quit. Tyreke didn't quit, and made quite the effort to finally make the tackle, and maybe strip the ball, from way back. If White was stupid enough and selfish enough to not go down immediately, and end the game, then every Chief player should try and make him pay, and get the ball back.

What are you talking about? Alex quit 6 weeks ago.

No player should ever give up on the play. I don't like the losing mentality, keep in mind that we won the Falcons game last year with the exact opposite mentality. Obviously the best way to go is for a guy who can cause a fumble to make the tackle but I'm not sure if offensive players focus on that during training.

Those who defend Kelce on this play are fools.

The Captain of your team pouted, threw a hissy fit and gave up on his team mates.

And you wonder why they are where they are.....

Not really, he's frustrated and understandable so.  Also look at the play, there's about a 1% chance from where he is he's going to chase down that corner.  Tyreke barely got to him with his incredible speed.

Also the play before he was wide open down the seams for a TD which was missed.  He's an emotional player, both good and bad, better than having guys who are just going through the motion....

Not really, he's frustrated and understandable so.  Also look at the play, there's about a 1% chance from where he is he's going to chase down that corner.  Tyreke barely got to him with his incredible speed.

Also the play before he was wide open down the seams for a TD which was missed.  He's an emotional player, both good and bad, better than having guys who are just going through the motion....

and what were the chances that Hill would run through 3/4 of the Dallas Defense aligned along the endzone for a TD or Berry would intercept a 2 point conversion and run it back  in the last seconds of the game and what were the chances years ago that some dumb Cleveland lineman would take off his helmet in frustration causing a penalty giving the Chiefs  a chance for the win?1% is 1% granted not much but shit happens in football. Every season there are a few plays in College and pro's that leave you with your jaw dropped. He gets paid to hustle not  throw a tempter tantrum.. On my team he's have that Capt patch ripped off before he got off the field.

Those who defend Kelce on this play are fools.

The Captain of your team pouted, threw a hissy fit and gave up on his team mates.

And you wonder why they are where they are.....

He didn't give up on shit. The game was f'n over the moment dipshit threw the pass. If I had Alex on my team, I'd be doing alot worse than Kelce is. I'd throw that POS straight under the bus and never look back. Kelce is being, at worst, nice about everything with this pile of hot garbage. If Alex doesn't pull the head out of his ass next week, he's going to lose this team permanently and I won't blame anyone but Alex.

and what were the chances that Hill would run through 3/4 of the Dallas Defense aligned along the endzone for a TD or Berry would intercept a 2 point conversion and run it back  in the last seconds of the game and what were the chances years ago that some dumb Cleveland lineman would take off his helmet in frustration causing a penalty giving the Chiefs  a chance for the win?1% is 1% granted not much but shit happens in football. Every season there are a few plays in College and pro's that leave you with your jaw dropped. He gets paid to hustle not  throw a tempter tantrum.. On my team he's have that Capt patch ripped off before he got off the field.

There's probably a higher chance of Kelce getting injured (hurting a hammy or achilles) then him making a game changing play at that point.  When he's jumping in the air trying to score TD's or going over the middle taking shots making plays for us and pumping the team up I'm sure you don't complain about those emotions right?  Like I said, I'll take the good with the bad, better than him just going through the motions.

He didn't give up on shit. The game was f'n over the moment Smith threw the pass. If I had Alex on my team, I'd be doing alot worse than Kelce is. I'd throw that POS straight under the bus and never look back. Kelce is being, at worst, nice about everything with this pile of hot garbage. If Alex doesn't pull the head out of his ass next week, he's going to lose this team permanently and I won't blame anyone but Alex.

Players have less chance of stripping the ball from a player who isn't smart enough to go down after the interception by walking away. I'm not going to blame Kelce for not getting the ball because obviously that's not likely at all. And I wouldn't call him out, but if choosing between the two, I think he should've gone for it.

Dungy said that Hill went inside on the pass when the pass was to the outside, but I don't think Hill could have broken up the pass once he saw where the pass was being thrown. He would've had to stay at the place Smith was throwing to. Again, not blaming Hill or Kelce. I just think it was a case of Smith misreading Hill, not from Smith not seeing the defender.

Can’t give up if you are a player. That’s what fans do. Players play. No excuse for it. On an up note, guess who I saw with some fight back in him. Marcus Peters. He seems to be past that little weird time and aggressively went after tackles. Nice to see. I was worried about him.

Kelce will be fine. Just pussed out on that play. It’s not who he is. He is a fighter.

Can’t give up if you are a player. That’s what fans do. Players play. No excuse for it. On an up note, guess who I saw with some fight back in him. Marcus Peters. He seems to be past that little weird time and aggressively went after tackles. Nice to see. I was worried about him.

Kelce will be fine. Just pussed out on that play. It’s not who he is. He is a fighter.

I’m sorry but, that dude picked it at full steam going the other direction. Kelce wouldn’t have caught him on a 300 yard football field.

This is just something for people to be butthurt about. Welcome to the world in 2017.

I’m sorry but, that dude picked it at full steam going the other direction. Kelce wouldn’t have caught him on a 300 yard football field.

This is just something for people to be butthurt about. Welcome to the world in 2017.

No shit.  Kelce just did what the rest of us were doing. 

Alex blew it.  But lets blame Hill and Kelce.

Archived