Harrison calls out Kelce for quitting on Interception

Not really, he's frustrated and understandable so.  Also look at the play, there's about a 1% chance from where he is he's going to chase down that corner.  Tyreke barely got to him with his incredible speed.

Also the play before he was wide open down the seams for a TD which was missed.  He's an emotional player, both good and bad, better than having guys who are just going through the motion....

1% chance Hill runs through the whole Dallas Defense but they didn't quit.

Lame excuse

let me modify that, there was about a 0.00001% chance he runs the guy down who already has a head start and is 10 yards ahead of him, strips him off the ball and we recover it.

Hill did catch him and what if Hill had stripped the ball? It would've been nice to have multiple Chiefs around the ball (and no, I'm not just saying Kelce). I don't think it's likely, obviously did not end up happening, and I don't blame Kelce, but I can't see how giving up on the play would be any better. Just neutral at best. I would like him to try next time but I'm not going to get too upset. Especially because the fact that Hill did not strip the ball.

The fault obviously goes to Smith not knowing where Hill was going to go from the point in which he released the ball. Hill went inside and Smith threw it outside. We shouldn't be doing a scramble drill, he should know where Hill was going, or Hill should know where he's throwing (staying where he was), or Smith should see Kelce (the best option). Once the ball was thrown, there wasn't a way for Hill to get to the ball. All I know is that Smith wasn't throwing to where Hill was going but rather where Hill was. He's not that inaccurate. Unless it is a designed play where the receiver around the wrong route, I usually don't blame the receiver. Dungy blamed Hill, Harrison blamed Kelce, but I don't think anyone else blames those two. I don't think PhataL has commented here?

let me modify that, there was about a 0.00001% chance he runs the guy down who already has a head start and is 10 yards ahead of him, strips him off the ball and we recover it.  

Never know until you try...and if you pout in the middle of the field like a 12 yr old, you'll never catch him....

Archived