No more Mahomes talk!!!!

Colin Cowherd said it right here. This was back in October when the Chiefs were undefeated still.

Boom.

You can’t say it any more real than that. It is absolutely dead on.

But we’ve said that for years....

But but but the saints game... please...

I have to agree with Reid that it's something that needs to be fixed with the entire offense. Smith might be the biggest problem but he's still not the only problem. Also looking at Reid's analysis in the OP he's aware of the lack of air under the ball so there's really no excuse for the stupid playcalling.

The Chiefs have to run the football with Hunt to make or win in the playoffs.  The problem is they can't do that because defenses are stacking the box challenging the passing game to beat them.  So right now the Chiefs can't run and aren't throwing well, so there is no offense.  Seems to me like the ONLY singular change that can occur to change this is to replace the position responsible for reading coverage and throwing the football.  Andy can say anything he wants in his press conferences, football is not rocket science.  It's easy.  The problem with the Chiefs offense is glaring, and short of rebuilding the offensive line and receiving corps to compensate for the lack of a QB who has the balls to throw down field, there is only one change that can possibly correct it.

Reid is too stubborn for his own good.  It's why he will never, not ever, win a Super Bowl.  That and the fact he had to hire an assistant coach just to manage the game clock for him...

Most of this occurs near the seams and middle of the field, where you’re facing safeties and linebackers. In that scenario, even when the defender is right his result can still be wrong, given that few safeties and linebackers can match up with Kelce, and none can match up with Hill. One or two big plays like this and the Chiefs can get a defense adjusting (or even abandoning) its zone coverages.

The seams get bigger when the offensive line blocks longer.

The Chiefs have to run the football with Hunt to make or win in the playoffs. The problem is they can't do that because defenses are stacking the box challenging the passing game to beat them. So right now the Chiefs can't run and aren't throwing well, so there is no offense. Seems to me like the ONLY singular change that can occur to change this is to replace the position responsible for reading coverage and throwing the football. Andy can say anything he wants in his press conferences, football is not rocket science. It's easy. The problem with the Chiefs offense is glaring, and short of rebuilding the offensive line and receiving corps to compensate for the lack of a QB who has the balls to throw down field, there is only one change that can possibly correct it.

Reid is too stubborn for his own good. It's why he will never, not ever, win a Super Bowl. That and the fact he had to hire an assistant coach just to manage the game clock for him...

All this from a fan of the 3-8 Broncos who have Vance Joseph as their HC? You’re preaching to the choir; go solve the Broncos problems.

I wasn't asking for four seconds. I was asking for a left guard that can create a pocket rather than getting bullied onto the quarterback's spot.

Simply said Alex has been part of the problem the last month and we need to look at any position that is underperforming as he is as well as both guard spots and see if a potential upgrade is on the roster. Obviously Andy wouldn't have drafted Mahomes if he didn't think this was a talent upgrade. But that doesn't mean he's ready to play like one. On the other hand if Alex continues to play this poorly we have nothing to lose by putting the kid in there.

That much is obvious.

I wasn't asking for four seconds. I was asking for a left guard that can create a pocket rather than getting bullied onto the quarterback's spot.

LG play has been terrible ever since Jeff Allen left but it wasn't really a big problem in the last two games. Nevertheless LG shouldn't collapse the pocket which we have seen multiple times. Smith just needs to make the quick throws in these situations but right now he doesn't seem to have the confidence to adjust to any problems with the playcall. 

LG play has been terrible ever since Jeff Allen left but it wasn't really a big problem in the last two games. Nevertheless LG shouldn't collapse the pocket which we have seen multiple times. Smith just needs to make the quick throws in these situations but right now he doesn't seem to have the confidence to adjust to any problems with the playcall. 

Jeff Allen wasn't good, either. He just wasn't horrible. The Chiefs haven't had quality interior line play since Smith arrived, and only Rodney Hudson was a good individual interior lineman, yet not worth the money the Raiders threw at him.

I just remember when Watson went if for struggling Houston Texans and that team's offense turned an about face, I wonder if Mahomes could do the same, hell even Cappendick took the 49's to the SB off the bench so a rookie coming off the bench can make a difference, just saying.

I hate to say it, but did getting healthy on Oline make us worse? I hope only short term. LDT and s’mores should improve. Right now, we need more than LG improvement.

I still believe the Onus is on Alex Smith. There is an abundance of evidence that points to this. If somehow Alex can find "First 5 games Alex," everything will open up and this won't be a discussion of detriment.

I still believe the Onus is on Alex Smith. There is an abundance of evidence that points to this. If somehow Alex can find "First 5 games Alex," everything will open up and this won't be a discussion of detriment.

Definitely shares the blame. He has been terrible.

Archived