Andy Reid contract extension. Can we get out of it?

Sure.   If Clark is willing to eat 4 years of massively high HC salary.    I kinda think he's sick of doing it, as he's paid multiple head coaches to not coach in Herm, Haley, and Romeo.

For better or worse, barring health issues, Andy is the guy for at least the next 2 years as we transition to a real QB, doing real QB things.  Clark wouldn't consider making a move until he sees at least 2 years of Andy working his QB guru stuff on Mahomes.  

I expect him to be highly successful, but if he's not, Andy is toast, along with every one of Andy's cronies.  

Andy isn't going anywhere. His contact extension was for 5 years and I'm guessing he is getting somewhere north of 8 mill a year. Hunt isn't going to eat that 4 months into the extension.

Think about how bad things were with Pioli and what it actually took for Hunt to get rid of him.

Even then he didn't really fire him and if the reports are true he voted to retain him.

Barring health issues Andy wont go anywhere till that extension is up in 5 years.

Hunt can severely cut back his power though. Fire his son, Sutton, force hire guys outside of Reid's network. Not saying his going to but in essence force Andy to retire or take another jon elsewhere.

Maybe he could also lay down empty candy wrappers around the offices, and see what Andy does.   :D .   

What you suggest is Pioli level stuff done by a totally insecure leader.   As little respect as I currently have for Hunt, I'd be shocked if he pulled garbage like that.   And if he did, as they say on Shark Tank, I'm out.  

This team is just too soft to win a SB.

Bad idea to renew until the season was completed.   Anyone know if we can get out of it?

Absurd idea. He turned a 2-14 team into a team that's won double digit games every year since he's been here. Most importantly he's a tremendous QBs coach who is a perfect fit with Pat Mahomes II. Agree this team is soft. But that has more to do with the roster than anything he does. Our expensive veterans are largely underachieving or not playing at all with injury. We need a new surge of kids that play with an edge. 

Ridiculous to even think about. It won't happen. It would cost Clark a shitload. 

Hopefully Veach is less about "guys that love to play football" and more about guys that want to knock the living dog shit out of ya, then step on you for good measure.

Why in the hell would you want to do that. Winningest coach in 30 years. I think of the Marty years and a lesser known extent DV. And I remember the long cold winter after that. Fuck that. I will take playoffs every year without a SB before I watch one more 2-14 season.

Don't fire Reid, but Clark needs to demand he gives up play calling...PERIOD. I keep seeing the players rolling their eyes in the huddle when the same damn plays are called week in and week out that never work. Hell, why would you try and put your ass on the line anymore?

How many times can you be asked to run into a brick wall over and over before reason kicks in and you say this is bull shit?

Unless there's a clause to specifically get rid of the deal when needed there's no way Hunt would pay Reid that much to sit on his a$$. However there's a very good chance that Hunt will take away some of Reid's powers or trim down his role, and looking at the current situation that seems to be a must for the Chiefs. I'm guessing Toub is the only coordinator whose job is safe in the organization and Hunt could pay a couple more guys to get similar production on offense and defense which would definitely increase Reid's effectiveness by allowing him to focus on what he does best.

I have no issue with Reid, I think that guy on AP had some film to back it up but guys are running open on a lot of his plays he's designed.  The plays are there to be made but just lacking the execution.  I also don't like Sutton but have accepted unfortunately that he won't be going anywhere and the D can step up at times and play really well.

I have no issue with Reid, I think that guy on AP had some film to back it up but guys are running open on a lot of his plays he's designed. The plays are there to be made but just lacking the execution. I also don't like Sutton but have accepted unfortunately that he won't be going anywhere and the D can step up at times and play really well.

The fact that Reid has been unable to overcome the soft zone coverages being thrown at this offense is concerning to me. I get that a lot of it is Alex Smith, but Reid has got to find ways to adjust.

The fact that Reid has been unable to overcome the soft zone coverages being thrown at this offense is concerning to me. I get that a lot of it is Alex Smith, but Reid has got to find ways to adjust.

I've seen a lot of clips from the AP guy's (Seth and Clay) showing guys running free everywhere.  The latest one is from behind Smith and showing Kelce wide open for a TD, it's awful.  I think the pass plays are there which if we are hitting would soften the run defense but because we can't hit those they stack the box.  Of course it is why I think we should switch to Mahomes but that's another discussion....

I've seen a lot of clips from the AP guy's (Seth and Clay) showing guys running free everywhere.  The latest one is from behind Smith and showing Kelce wide open for a TD, it's awful.  I think the pass plays are there which if we are hitting would soften the run defense but because we can't hit those they stack the box.  Of course it is why I think we should switch to Mahomes but that's another discussion....

Exactly. I wonder what the look on Andy's face is when they're watching film and he see's Kelce streaking across the field wide open, and Smith totally ignoring the open pass. Lol.

I've seen a lot of clips from the AP guy's (Seth and Clay) showing guys running free everywhere. The latest one is from behind Smith and showing Kelce wide open for a TD, it's awful. I think the pass plays are there which if we are hitting would soften the run defense but because we can't hit those they stack the box. Of course it is why I think we should switch to Mahomes but that's another discussion....

Do you have a link for this? I did not get to see last week's game and it would be interesting to see these things. More like infuriating but I just don't understand such a huge regression against lesser competition now. Cover 2 or not, this is crap from a 14 year vet. If Reid is calling the right plays to counter this and Smith is refusing to step up did not them it is even worse. Reid though has to be calling the right plays but it may be he is trying the simple stuff because that is all he can get out if Smith now?

Im not saying Reid is horrible I was just suggesting that someone has to be held accountable for this collapse if it continues and if Reid won't make changes amongst his staff then something should be done. That was what I alluded to earlier about Hunt cutting back his power. No, I agree DBG that would be bush league but if the face of your org won't take responsibility or make neessary changes then what else should be done?

Do you have a link for this? I did not get to see last week's game and it would be interesting to see these things. More like infuriating but I just don't understand such a huge regression against lesser competition now. Cover 2 or not, this is crap from a 14 year vet. If Reid is calling the right plays to counter this and Smith is refusing to step up did not them it is even worse. Reid though has to be calling the right plays but it may be he is trying the simple stuff because that is all he can get out if Smith now?

Check out the twitter feeds for these 3:

@Jacobs71

@ClayWendler

@RealMNchiefsfan

Exactly. I wonder what the look on Andy's face is when they're watching film and he see's Kelce streaking across the field wide open, and Smith totally ignoring the open pass. Lol.

I imagine his look is been there, done that with this guy.   It why they sold the farm for Mahomes.  It's why Andy has been urging him to wing it for years.  F it Alex Finally did for a few games, but F it Alex was a mirage, and the scared Rabbit Alex, the real Alex, has reappeared in full force, and murdered F it Alex.  

I imagine his look is been there, done that with this guy. It why they sold the farm for Mahomes. It's why Andy has been urging him to wing it for years. F it Alex Finally did for a few games, but F it Alex was a mirage, and the scared Rabbit Alex, the real Alex, has reappeared in full force, and murdered F it Alex.

Thanks for the laugh, this was funny!

Archived