Jets - Discussions

Folks, this will be another slugfest. The Jets ideally would have won against Carolina had their TE not dropped two TDs. Carolina, also scored a defensive and special team's TD.

Josh McCown, is lighting it up at QB. They really should have beaten NE had it not been for a bogus call. Two solid wideouts in Robbie Anderson and Jermaine Kearse. Excellent interior linemen in Wilkerson and Williams. Forte and Powell are a good RB tandem.

Todd Bowles , is a solid defensive minded coach , yet the blueprint is already available for him. It has not changed against this Chiefs offense for more than a month. I hope Alex Smith is ready for redemption in the Meadowlands. He needs to win back his team's trust and this franchise - at least for the short run. Time to man up and bring home a W.

I know it's far off, so weather forecasts don't mean much, but right now they're predicting 50 degrees, winds about 10-15 MPH, no rain.  

Jets stink, but are physical, and have been playing hard in most every game.   We're the opposite of physical.  

I see we activated Orson Charles from the practice squad.  He's a Hybrid FB/TE and I would expect him to be a new wrinkle this week.   

Jets are physical up front and right now our offense is not up to the challenge. It'll be a tough matchup but then again every game pretty much is. I don't expect a Chiefs win but hoping for one. A nice win could spark a turnout that could at last salvage this terrible season.

The team needs a spark.  A loss to the Jets and an LAC win could force Andy's hand.

I would say an empty stadium  in late season would get Clark  involved as well  but the tickets are already sold for the most part so Clark has his $$.

I think the majority of the fans have  pulled a "kelce" by throwing up their hands in disgust while the game/season is still being played

Jets had a good Carolina team beat so not sure how anyone's confidence could be anything but shaky. I almost feel like one of two things is about to happen in the next few weeks. We win and get some mojo back OR we get blown out and implode in earnest.

Andy Reid teams have a losing record about every 5-6 years. Maybe we are due. One thing is certain. If we play like we have the past two games, we will be 6-6 after Sunday. That team can't beat anyone.

The team needs a spark. A loss to the Jets and an LAC win could force Andy's hand.

It's almost likely at this point there is a three way tie at 6-6 after Sunday. It's just hard to believe we are magically going to get it figured out on offense in one week. And if the Jets are smart they will play somewhat conservative on offense to avoid turnovers and make our offense beat them. If it materializes this way and offense is putrid again, I think Andy will make the change. He should let Alex know behind closed doors his job is on the line.

I know it's far off, so weather forecasts don't mean much, but right now they're predicting 50 degrees, winds about 10-15 MPH, no rain.

Jets stink, but are physical, and have been playing hard in most every game. We're the opposite of physical.

I see we activated Orson Charles from the practice squad. He's a Hybrid FB/TE and I would expect him to be a new wrinkle this week.

Always hard to tell if moves like this are being made to simply protect player from being gobbled up by another team or if coach thinks they can actually contribute. Andy loves his three TE sets so this will be interesting to watch.

It's almost likely at this point there is a three way tie at 6-6 after Sunday. It's just hard to believe we are magically going to get it figured out on offense in one week. And if the Jets are smart they will play somewhat conservative on offense to avoid turnovers and make our offense beat them. If it materializes this way and offense is putrid again, I think Andy will make the change. He should let Alex know behind closed doors his job is on the line.

This sounds reasonable

And if he does let Alex know that, I hope Alex understands it isn't simply winning or not throwing an interception that keeps his job. We need to operate and execute the offense and that includes taking a risk when it needs to be ( nothing crazy, but like he was in the first five games), protecting the ball, winning, and giving defenses things to think about. If you won't do it, fine, but he should know that's what he needs to do. Jason just win the game or not turn the ball over. That was fine before we struggled. And when I say fine, I don't mean sufficient. I'm just saying that the bar has been risen and has been risen for a long time but Smith didn't do it until the first five games of the season.

I mean, as poorly as we have played in these last two games, we had chances to win and I don't think that the weaknesses would be overlooked/gone if we happened to have squeaked those out. Winning those games would help our seed potentially, but wouldn't strengthen our team for the playoffs. The only way to strengthen that is to play better in a sustainable way and adjust.

And if he does let Alex know that, I hope Alex understands it isn't simply winning or not throwing an interception that keeps his job. We need to operate and execute the offense and that includes taking a risk when it needs to be ( nothing crazy, but like he was in the first five games), protecting the ball, winning, and giving defenses things to think about. If you won't do it, fine, but he should know that's what he needs to do. Jason just win the game or not turn the ball over. That was fine before we struggled. And when I say fine, I don't mean sufficient. I'm just saying that the bar has been risen and has been risen for a long time but Smith didn't do it until the first five games of the season.

I mean, as poorly as we have played in these last two games, we had chances to win and I don't think that the weaknesses would be overlooked/gone if we happened to have squeaked those out. Winning those games would help our seed potentially, but wouldn't strengthen our team for the playoffs. The only way to strengthen that is to play better in a sustainable way and adjust.

I agree. It's not as simple as win or you are out. Or if you throw a pick, you are out. He's just got to play better period and spark offense rather than leaving big plays on the table ANS making crucial mistakes as he has the past two weeks. Thiese players have almost all clearly been unwavering in its support of Alex in my opinion for four years. But the past two weeks you have seen some clear frustration with him.

I just hope we put up a fight on offense. 17 points wins this game easily I think. Not sure how the hell we get there wihen we can’t throw, can’t run and can’t return kicks.

It would be a great week to get the Oline and Smith back from early in the season.

Chiefs 17. Jets 10.

I just hope we put up a fight on offense. 17 points wins this game easily I think. Not sure how the hell we get there wihen we can’t throw, can’t run and can’t return kicks.

It would be a great week to get the Oline and Smith back from early in the season.

Chiefs 17. Jets 10.

Smith is who he is....I personally would just like to see the Oline start playing the way they were 6 weeks ago.

I think that would go a long way to seeing an improvement on offense, and possibly winning this game.

Archived