Our Oline article by Arrowheadpride and Espn Baldinger. mustread

Who takes blame for this OLINE? Dorsey or Reid?

I think the players have to take it. There is talent there. Fisher is the best Tackle from his class. Schwartz was the best FA RT on the market. They did a good job finding Morse and LDT. They just have to stay healthy so they can be a unit.

Also, Smith has to step up into and move around in the pocket. Those guys can’t stonewall people. If he drops back 20 yards or bails to the right, there is nothing the tackles can do for him. Deliver a rocket while getting lit up is what he could do to help them. This shitting your pants thing just makes a bad situation worse.

I recognize that Smith has limitations, weaknesses, and is a part of the problem. Right now the way he is playing it is a big problem. However, I think it is nonsense to say that it is one person and that we can just deal with the rest later. The rest is one of the reasons why it's not working.

I understand your POV but ask you this, why make changes elsewhere if it ends up not needed and inhibits the beginning of Mahomes future? Mahomes may work well with how the line is producing and with a more aggressive approach might open up the running game as well? Why change anything for Alex when he proved he could handle it the first chunk of the season and his time in KC is ending anyway?

Mahomes dealt with a nearly non-existant online in college and by no means do I think he should suffer at the professional level. But simply because Alex panics after a read and a half doesn't mean the line is falling apart.

Archived