How many coaches will be gone after this season?

Terez and the A-team were talking about the offensive line coach (Andy Heck) after the game. Does he need replacing aswell as Sutton? I think we all agree that massive changes need to be made to the roster, but what about the coaching staff too? Do big changes need to be made all across the board in that area too? 

I think it's pretty safe to assume that playoffs will be the difference maker for some coaches this year. If the team cannot manage to get in with such an easy schedule that has cost some people their jobs. I think OL coaching should be changed regardless as the group is a mess and players don't seem to be the problem. 

Do I think there should be some changes? Absolutely...starting with Sutton. Do I believe Andy will pull the trigger? I'm skeptical. Not unless Clark Hunt forces his hand.

Shouldn't any change begin with Andy Reid?  We are talking about a HC that is so inept at times he had to hire an assistant coach for the sole purpose of helping him not mismanage the clock late in games.  Reid should be fired, immediately.  The AFC West is pathetic this season, ALL KC had to do was be average to win it, now it's clear the Chargers are going to.

Shouldn't any change begin with Andy Reid? We are talking about a HC that is so inept at times he had to hire an assistant coach for the sole purpose of helping him not mismanage the clock late in games. Reid should be fired, immediately. The AFC West is pathetic this season, ALL KC had to do was be average to win it, now it's clear the Chargers are going to.

My comments are based on the assumption Andy is not on the hot seat. Not disagreeing with your premise...but Clark won't fire Andy unless he continues to suck it up next year. This team does continue to find new ways to embarrass it's fans. Epic collapse!

Shouldn't any change begin with Andy Reid? We are talking about a HC that is so inept at times he had to hire an assistant coach for the sole purpose of helping him not mismanage the clock late in games. Reid should be fired, immediately. The AFC West is pathetic this season, ALL KC had to do was be average to win it, now it's clear the Chargers are going to.

Shouldn’t you be more concerned about Vance Joseph; a guy who has no business as a HC in the NFL? Your Broncos are amongst the leagues worst teams, and you’re on the Chiefs board calling for Andy Reid to be fired. Odd.

For sake of educating you, unless Clark Hunt is willing to eat the remainder of Andy Reid’s huge annual salary (not likely because he just extended him), Andy isn’t going anywhere for better or worse.

Shouldn’t you be more concerned about Vance Joseph; a guy who has no business as a HC in the NFL? Your Broncos are amongst the leagues worst teams, and you’re on the Chiefs board calling for Andy Reid to be fired. Odd.

For sake of educating you, unless Clark Hunt is willing to eat the remainder of Andy Reid’s huge annual salary (not likely because he just extended him), Andy isn’t going anywhere for better or worse.

Vance Joseph's absolute suck doesn't make Andy Reid's suck any less tangible kid.

And keep your education to yourself, I'm aware of Reid's absurd contract extension, if Hunt wants another 4 years of mediocrity, his failure to rectify that mistake will be the cause.

Andy Reid has coached for 18 seasons and has a total of 3 losing seasons. In the season following each of those he had double digit wins all three times and twice won playoff games and advanced to the conference title game. IE. This is a coach that knows how to fix problems fast.

Andy Reid has coached for 18 seasons and has a total of 3 losing seasons. In the season following each of those he had double digit wins all three times and twice won playoff games and advanced to the conference title game. IE. This is a coach that knows how to fix problems fast.

The last 7 games, 1 win 6 losses, have NOT shown this to be true

Vance Joseph's absolute suck doesn't make Andy Reid's suck any less tangible kid.

And keep your education to yourself, I'm aware of Reid's absurd contract extension, if Hunt wants another 4 years of mediocrity, his failure to rectify that mistake will be the cause.

My ultimate point is that it’s very odd to me that a fan of the miserable Broncos is lecturing on a Chiefs board about how we should fire our head coach. You should be more worried about the current state of shit within your own organization, and how Elway is gonna get you out of it, kid.

My ultimate point is that it’s very odd to me that a fan of the miserable Broncos is lecturing on a Chiefs board about how we should fire our head coach. You should be more worried about the current state of shit within your own organization, and how Elway is gonna get you out of it, kid.

This guy portrayed himself himself as a chief fans for years on the scout board. He was KCstud. I wouldn't take much he says serious.

This guy portrayed himself himself as a chief fans for years on the scout board. He was KCstud. I wouldn't take much he says serious.

WTF are you talking about??  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is literally the only football MB I post on, and 99% of my posts are in the political forum. 

I don't have a patent or copyright on the name "Stud". 

I've been talking football and politics on this board since it was created.  Bow down and show some respect for my amazing insight dude.

Apparently he isn't. It's been 6 weeks and no problems fixed.

Andy has done nothing notable in the last 10 years.

Apparently he isn't. It's been 6 weeks and no problems fixed.

Andy has done nothing notable in the last 10 years.

Not coincidently when his hand picked franchise QB was done 8 years ago, Andy quit winning playoff games with regularity. As such he's led a trio of mediocre QBs to four playoff berths while winning only once in that period. And hence you understand why we drafted Mahomes II and the potential impact he could make in combination with a HC who knows how to develop and win many games in January with this type of player.

For those that don't know Broncostud, handswarmer and omahacolt have been here since we started. Some may have come over from the old kcstar board. Don't remember. We reset the board and started over a few years back but they were on our old board too. they're kind of our pet trolls at this point.

Changing Coaches underneath rarely fixes the big picture, and it won't here.   

The question is will the starting Mahomes, and the elevation of more young players to key roles, while getting rid of plenty of old and middle age dead wood will?  I'd say yes, as long as that's what they do.   If they go Andy's preferred path of signing Name vets that are done, to try and plug in things, then this franchise is cooked until he leaves.  

Changing Coaches underneath rarely fixes the big picture, and it won't here.   

The question is will the starting Mahomes, and the elevation of more young players to key roles, while getting rid of plenty of old and middle age dead wood will?  I'd say yes, as long as that's what they do.   If they go Andy's preferred path of signing Name vets that are done, to try and plug in things, then this franchise is cooked until he leaves.  

Everyone knows the big picture, but ignoring the "little pictures" would also be a mistake aswell. If Sutton takes the blame, then why can we point some fingers at the likes of Andy Heck too? All the coaches performances need to be assessed at the end of the season.

Everyone knows the big picture, but ignoring the "little pictures" would also be a mistake aswell. If Sutton takes the blame, then why can we point some fingers at the likes of Andy Heck too? All the coaches performances need to be assessed at the end of the season.

If we change OL Coach, but keep the Zone scheme, little changes.  If we change DC, but still keep the same passive system, little changes.  Just shuffling chairs.  

If we bring in, and or promote(Al Harris) young aggressive guys that fundamentally change systems, then things can change, but it all comes down to the HC and how much he allows change.  

Archived