FPI Still favors us to win the AFC West

Per ESPN

"FPI still believes the Chiefs (58%) are the favorites to win the AFC West, followed by the Chargers (33%) and the Raiders (8%)."

I just don't see it.  Do they even watch the games? We've lost 4 in a row to bad football teams and looked bad doing it.  The four teams we lost to are a combined 15-29 vs the rest of the league.  Our defence makes below average opposing QBs look All-Pro. Our secondary is horrendous.  Since the first 5 games, our pass rush is the worst in the league.

It seems like a lot of these analysts think we are just in a slump and may return to our 5-0 form.  I think we were just lucky that it took 5 weeks for our huge deficiencies to be exposed. Now that they are exposed we haven't been able to do anything about it. Maybe they think Revis will be able to do something.  I don't think he will make any difference and I expect Carr and Rivers to have career days in the next two weeks.  

They are just going by what the Vegas odds will be.  We'll still be favored in every game.   Somehow we're 3.5 point favorites over Oakland this week?????

What they don't get is what a goldmine the Chiefs have been to bet against in the last month, with no evidence that won't continue.   They are going with strict numbers, without any emotion or analysis.  

There's been 8 teams post merger who opened season 5-0 and then lost 5 of 6....and only one made the playoffs.

Bottom line is we win our home games and we win the West. How could anyone ever bet that with even money odds like they are saying.

Per ESPN

"FPI still believes the Chiefs (58%) are the favorites to win the AFC West, followed by the Chargers (33%) and the Raiders (8%)."

I just don't see it. Do they even watch the games? We've lost 4 in a row to bad football teams and looked bad doing it. The four teams we lost to are a combined 15-29 vs the rest of the league. Our defence makes below average opposing QBs look All-Pro. Our secondary is horrendous. Since the first 5 games, our pass rush is the worst in the league.

It seems like a lot of these analysts think we are just in a slump and may return to our 5-0 form. I think we were just lucky that it took 5 weeks for our huge deficiencies to be exposed. Now that they are exposed we haven't been able to do anything about it. Maybe they think Revis will be able to do something. I don't think he will make any difference and I expect Carr and Rivers to have career days in the next two weeks.

We are in a slump. We can return, but I think it would be to a 4-1 form or sadly 3-2 form with one loss being to a good team. We have had bits and pieces play well, just need to put it together - again, not to 5-0 form and sadly not assuming any positives in the playoffs where it matters. I mean, the power rankings and FPI is regular season assessments or predictions.

Archived