Tyreek Hill, do we finally have a superstar WR?

In the midst of this gloom we're caught up in, I just wanted to take a second to talk about this young phenomenon affectionately known as CHEETAH!!. How good is this young man yall? I mean really? Twelve Td's last season in various ways, seven thus far this season too. I honestly believe he can reach the heights of an Antonio Brown if he continues to do what he's doing. And with Pat soon to be leading the team, you just know those deep balls are gonna be served up to him all day. All we need to do now is add a tall, quick WR opposite him and our offense should be something to behold in the next few years.

As long as the offensive playcaller doesn't forget him, he should be able to do this for awhile....Its just like Watson in Houston...all he as to do is throw jump balls to the WRs he has that are a foot taller than the players covering him and he'll be an MVP candidate.  It shocks me that we don't just throw bombs to Hill knowing full well nobody is going to get past him.  Nagy figured it out though...hopefully the trend continues.

He's a Superstar Gimmick player, and we should continue to embrace that. He's not Antonio Brown, a polished WR that's been a WR for years.

How is he a super star gimmick player? 2016, he was. 2017, he's being played as a WR and among the top WRs statistically. No gimmicks about it.

Explain in depth how he is a gimmick player in 2017.

Brown has been in the league since 2010. Hill since 2016. Look at the 2017 stats and there is not much difference. Is Brown better? Yes, but he also has several seasons of NFL experience. Gimmick player my ass.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillTy00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowAn04.htm

Brown didn't have a SUPER STAR season until his 4th season. Hill on pace to match or do better than Browns 2nd year. Gimmick?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

6Th in yards, has 2 less TDs than Brown. 1 more 40+ plus yard play than Brown. He is a top WR playing in a WR role. No gimmicks about it.

How is he a super star gimmick player? 2016, he was. 2017, he's being played as a WR and among the top WRs statistically. No gimmicks about it.

Explain in depth how he is a gimmick player in 2017.

Brown has been in the league since 2010. Hill since 2016. Look at the 2017 stats and there is not much difference. Is Brown better? Yes, but he also has several seasons of NFL experience. Gimmick player my ass.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HillTy00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowAn04.htm

Brown didn't have a SUPER STAR season until his 4th season. Hill on pace to match or do better than Browns 2nd year. Gimmick?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

6Th in yards, has 2 less TDs than Brown. 1 more 40+ plus yard play than Brown. He is a top WR playing in a WR role. No gimmicks about it.

You make a compelling argument that he's progressed beyond gimmik player.   And I don't mean it as any derision.  I like him used in out of the backfield, in motion, etc.   I think that's the best way to maximize his skills, rather than be a strict WR.  

He's a Superstar Gimmick player, and we should continue to embrace that.  He's not Antonio Brown, a polished WR that's been a WR for years.  

Is he not capable of becoming a polished WR, given the proper coaching and QB?  Or should we just go ahead and cut him right now?

You make a compelling argument that he's progressed beyond gimmik player. And I don't mean it as any derision. I like him used in out of the backfield, in motion, etc. I think that's the best way to maximize his skills, rather than be a strict WR.

Hmmmm... That is not something I considered. It might be worth a try to help get the running game going again.

Kill these 7-8 in the box with some misdirection.

He's a very good deep threat but not really a superstar. He needs to improve his presence as a possession receiver and in the slot to be a superstar. However he has the potential to be a star in the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into a poor man's Antonio Brown.

He's a very good deep threat but not really a superstar. He needs to improve his presence as a possession receiver and in the slot to be a superstar. However he has the potential to be a star in the future. I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn into a poor man's Antonio Brown.

exactly.

I worry about speed guys long term. Lots of hammy pulls and other muscle issues as they get older it seems. I think if you pair Hill with a prototype #1 WR, he will be far more effective and able to make more big plays. Imagine Hill playing next to someone like Larry Fitzgerald in his prime.

YES he's a superstar. Are you kidding?! The entire league knows about this kid. He's begging to be thrown the ball deep. If it's one on one, just chuck the damn ball as far as you can in his direction.

It's not quantum entanglement, just launch him the ball. If Smith won't, Mahomes will. Then will all of you agree he is a superstar, but he's already been one the moment he first stepped on the field of an NFL game. 

No one may match his speed and quickness. No one. 

Is he not capable of becoming a polished WR, given the proper coaching and QB? Or should we just go ahead and cut him right now?

He's got great hands and has clearly improved as a legit WR. He's far more than a gimmick player, that's for sure and likewise why he isn't returning kickoffs. The mistake was to throw him out there as our number one WR when he's still clearly learning nuances of position.

He's got great hands and has clearly improved as a legit WR. He's far more than a gimmick player, that's for sure and likewise why he isn't returning kickoffs. The mistake was to throw him out there as our number one WR when he's still clearly learning nuances of position.

What better way to learn than to actually play the position? I'm not sure where you're going with that. He's our superstar on the outside, defenses must respect his play. 

What better way to learn than to actually play the position? I'm not sure where you're going with that. He's our superstar on the outside, defenses must respect his play.

All of our WRs are expected to be able to play all three WR positions so having him as a second guy would have made much more sense this year while still allowing the same development. Alex didn't have a reliable WR at times this year because there was nobody he could count on to run the right route and get open. It cost us the Buffalo game. We just asked too much out of a guy still learning position is my point. I think he's a legit D Jackson type though. Maybe even potentially a bit better.

Tyreek Hill, do we finally have a superstar WR?

We finally have a wide receiver that might grow to become a capable WR1. The better part of his production has come as a consequence of his top-end athleticism, not because of his skills as a receiver. There's a lot of development needed there.

It's nice to see him achieve what De'Anthony Thomas never did.

By the way Tyreek is on pace for 75 catches for 1,150 yards and 8 TDs despite still very much learning position. Those numbers are on par with a lot of teams number ones. So the answer does appear to be yes.

Between Tyreek, Kelce and Hunt we have big play guys this organization hasn't seen in a long time. Patriots don't have 3 skill position players around their QB like that.

But purs are young and we have limited QB and inconsistent oline. Potential clearly there for building an elite group though.

Archived