810 Petro onboard for firing Reid

He did say it starts with Andy and he's responsible for the softness of this team.   Said changing just the Dcoord. is not going to change the softness of the OLINE runblocking.   He said Clark should eat the cost of firing him since he's a billionaire.   He did say it.  Nothing misleading.

Podcast of opening comments.  13:35 mark .   https://omny.fm/shows/the-program/mondays-opening-hour-6/embed

Easy to spend 40 Million+ of someone else's money.   Andy is on the clock, no doubt, and it's 2 years.  If Mahomes isn't a near top QB, or showing every indication that he will be, and/or the Chiefs are a crap team in 2018 and 2019 Andy is done here, and Hunt eats another contract. 

If he wasn't signed to the extension this year, he'd probably be out after this epic collapse.   But he did sign him, and it affects things, like it or not.  

what a nimrod. i heard the show all 4 hrs of it and he never said such a thing, your title is the definition of Fake News .. you work for CNN?

welcome .  13:35 mark.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-program/mondays-opening-hour-6/embed

I don't know what you listened to.  I listened to the show twice.   Maybe you should call him up and ask him.

what a nimrod. i heard the show all 4 hrs of it and he never said such a thing, your title is the definition of Fake News .. you work for CNN?

He actually did say it, and the OP supplied the proof, which I just listened to.  Sad that in these times, legit news and news organizations are decried as fake by those that can't deal with, or don't want to deal with, the truth.  

Easy to spend 40 Million+ of someone else's money. Andy is on the clock, no doubt, and it's 2 years. If Mahomes isn't a near top QB, or showing every indication that he will be, and/or the Chiefs are a crap team in 2018 and 2019 Andy is done here, and Hunt eats another contract.

If he wasn't signed to the extension this year, he'd probably be out after this epic collapse. But he did sign him, and it affects things, like it or not.

This. And to be honest if Clark did fire him the same year as extending him I would be very scared the Chiefs have become the Browns.

He actually did say it, and the OP supplied the proof, which I just listened to.  Sad that in these times, legit news and news organizations are decried as fake by those that can't deal with, or don't want to deal with, the truth.  

no he didn't..he said the disease is Andy & the symptom is Peters but he said nothing about  being on Board with Firing Andy.. I'm a literal guy..he never said FIRE ANDY and thats what your title implied.He advocated him changing his style. Later in the Show when people say Andy must Go  he replies "with who"  when no one has an answer its a empty  cry.. you have a replacement in mind then its worth a discussion

Easy to spend 40 Million+ of someone else's money. Andy is on the clock, no doubt, and it's 2 years. If Mahomes isn't a near top QB, or showing every indication that he will be, and/or the Chiefs are a crap team in 2018 and 2019 Andy is done here, and Hunt eats another contract.

If he wasn't signed to the extension this year, he'd probably be out after this epic collapse. But he did sign him, and it affects things, like it or not.

This seems right.

This is what happens when everyone in the building are buddies. There is no accountability and leadership. I don't know what te answer is but had he not got extended he would most definitelybe on the hot seat. He won't be fired and while he's to blame for most of this, he will have to clean house to some degree with parts of his staff. I imagine Sutton will be a fall guy, and probably Heck as well. His son might not be safe either bit ahould he be.

He actually did say it, and the OP supplied the proof, which I just listened to. Sad that in these times, legit news and news organizations are decried as fake by those that can't deal with, or don't want to deal with, the truth.

Let's not go overboard here now...lol

The fact that it was said is truth.

Let's make sure we separate the fact that what was said is entirely opinion.

no he didn't..he said the disease is Andy & the symptom is Peters but he said nothing about  being on Board with Firing Andy.. I'm a literal guy..he never said FIRE ANDY and thats what your title implied.He advocated him changing his style. Later in the Show when people say Andy must Go  he replies "with who"  when no one has an answer its a empty  cry.. you have a replacement in mind then its worth a discussion

Thanks Oldtimer, that's how I remember hearing it. I was at work typing on my tablet, and didn't have time to type a lengthy explanation of what I thought.

Gotta admit Reid has no passion on Camera. We'll see what happens the rest of year. Players may be the diff...

This season is bizarre, and cannot believe Berry is the difference...  

Welcome to the forum.  I agree Berry probably wouldn't have made much of a difference, but he would have helped greatly at times. Berry seems to be a smart player and that's needed.

Just call the show if you don't believe he said it.  He said it again today.  He said Andy's the problem.  I use to call the show every day.

I have a life &  if you call a radio show on a daily basis all I can say is Bless Your Heart.. you Tommy Mo? LOL

Just call the show if you don't believe he said it.  He said it again today.  He said Andy's the problem.  I use to call the show every day.

I don't doubt you. I just think if you walked up to Petro and asked "are you on board with firing Andy Reid" his answer wouldn't be a straight up yes. I listened to his podcast, so I knew where you were going with it, but someone who didn't might think something different. 

Your title was clever, and stimulates conversation, so I really don't have a issue with it,  just slightly misleading IMO. 

Andy almost certainly wanted extension done prior to pulling trigger on developing young QB. There was never any doubt the trade for Mahomes was going to come at expense of helping 2017 team. In fact it may also have paved way to draft Tanoh as well. Dorsey goes to Reid and says I've got this raw kid with big upside in round 2, Andy would have a lot more patience to do so with extension in place. Now they didn't announce it until a month after the draft, but that doesn't mean much.

Archived