What are your thoughts on our NT Bennie Logan and Britt Reid our Dline coach?

He's not a NT! They failed to address a nose tackle in the offseason. He is an end on a 3-4 or at best a DT in a 4-3 preferably. Domata Peko is a legit NT. Look at Brandon Williams in Baltimore.

He is a NT. In 2014 and 2015 he played NT in a 3-4 in Philly and was excellent against the run. They switched to a 4-3 in 2016 and he stunk.

He's not a pure NT but has been doing a decent job. The goal was to stop the run and basically have an upgrade over Poe, both of which Logan provides but IMO we could use an upgrade that can create major holes against the pass as well. Not really a high priority though. That being said I would probably keep Logan for a reduced price. 

It's a blessing we only signed him to a one year deal. He's not worth 8 million a year imo. I'd rather we cut him and bailey and go after a penetrating DL similar to Sheldon Richardson to pair with Chris Jones and then draft a run stuffing Nt and older vet to a one year stop gap contract. We have to generate pressure and there aren't any answers in FA at OLB.

The D line doesn't seem to get a push to pressure the QB much.  No one seems to get the blame.  IMO, the entire line & LB corp. can share the lackluster results.  Is Logan the only person at fault?  Probably not but he is certainly no "in his prime" Poe.  IMO, he is barely serviceable.  While some argue that NTs aren't responsible for sacks, they are CERTAINLY responsible for pushing the pocket.  While the secondary gets embarrassed, lack of pressure to the QB is in partly to blame. 

I love Logan. He is a keeper. I wish we player 3 linemen more this year. He is not worth Pro bowler money, but he is not bad. I am Moe disappointed in Bailey and Jones because I think they have elite type talent. Benny is a lunch pale guy that brings whatever he has.

Logan is not a NT. Sorry, he's too tall and doesn't fit the role. I dont care where he played, I'm watching him as a Chief.

He's not doing what NT do.

He's 6'2". Poe is 6'4". He has 48 tackles and a pff grade of 79.2 against the run thus year. Poe has 28 tackles and a pff grade of 73.1 against the run this year. Anything else?

He's 6'2". Poe is 6'4". He has 48 tackles and a pff grade of 79.2 against the run thus year. Poe has 28 tackles and a pff grade of 73.1 against the run this year. Anything else?

Sure if you want to go by stats and logic and stuff instead of EVERYBODY SUCKS FUCK THAT GUY!!!!!!! !!!

Poe might still be a better NT against the pass but as the priority is always to stop the run. I think most people focus on Poe's pre-injury performance as he was not good at either aspect of the position over the last 2 years.

Poe might still be a better NT against the pass but as the priority is always to stop the run. I think most people focus on Poe's pre-injury performance as he was not good at either aspect of the position over the last 2 years.

Sure poe pre injury was awesome. Good luck finding another one.

Woe Poe is an inch taller & still weighs 40 more pounds. Chiefs need to draft a dude that takes 2 to block.

I don’t care what the stats say, just what our run D says and our wins/losses this late in the season

Len Dawson would say the interior DL need to push the pocket so pass rush can get the QB.

The opposing qb is moving to the front of the pocket.  Our pass rush is late because they still can't get to him.  No disruption up front. Chris Jones play gone this year.

If we had a  functioning Poe we probably would have won that game.

Archived