A team has been in our exact position, AND WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!

Interesting article HERE about the 2011 Giants!!!..quite incredible how similar their season was to the one we're going through right now. It would be utterly incredible if we even got to the SB, let alone win it.

That team at least has an identity and a top tier QB. My realistic hope here is we can be like this years Vikings after their similiar collapse last year. Or Falcons last season after collapse in 2015. I think like those teams we need a surge of new talent and to get rid of some veteran waste.

Interesting article HERE about the 2011 Giants!!!..quite incredible how similar their season was to the one we're going through right now. It would be utterly incredible if we even got to the SB, let alone win it.

The moment I saw the title of the thread, I thought about those Giants. That team got hot, and their opponents imploded one by one. Perhaps the Chiefs could experience such an improbable outcome.

The moment I saw the title of the thread, I thought about those Giants. That team got hot, and their opponents imploded one by one. Perhaps the Chiefs could experience such an improbable outcome.

Like Alex Smith completing only 46 percent of his passes against the 25th ranked defense and losing at home despite having an elite number 2 ranked defense behind him?

This is laughable. The difference between the Chiefs and the 2011 Giants is a defense. Chiefs can’t stop anyone. So unless the offense starts scoring 35-40 per game, this ain’t happening.

the Giants closed out the 2011 regular season with the 27th ranked defense in yards and gave up 25 points per game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense/year/2011

Not that I think KC can do what they did and I'm fully aware you don't think so, but you might want to check your facts before posting.

This is laughable. The difference between the Chiefs and the 2011 Giants is a defense. Chiefs can’t stop anyone. So unless the offense starts scoring 35-40 per game, this ain’t happening.

The previous poster just beat me to what I was going to mention. However, I agree with you and others. I don't think the Chiefs will do it. It would be nice but this Chiefs team don't seem to have the fight in them like that Giants team. 

the Giants closed out the 2011 regular season with the 27th ranked defense in yards and gave up 25 points per game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense/year/2011

Not that I think KC can do what they did and I'm fully aware you don't think so, but you might want to check your facts before posting.

I

Yeah, I had to double-check the season numbers on that team. That playoff team was night-and-day different from the regular season team. Eli Manning had a 12:1 touchdowns-to-turnovers ratio from week 17 through the Super Bowl, and a 27:20 ratio in the prior 15 games. Sometimes teams play up to their potential, and sometimes teams play below expectations.

We've seen the Chiefs do both this year. If the Chiefs had played the football they had in the first five weeks of this year between weeks 17 and 22, they'd already be Super Bowl winners. Instead they're treading water at the worst possible time.

The previous poster just beat me to what I was going to mention. However, I agree with you and others. I don't think the Chiefs will do it. It would be nice but this Chiefs team don't seem to have the fight in them like that Giants team. 

Man, you guys are really going out on a limb here with these predictions.

I did. Go look at that defensive line talent they had on that 2011 team, and tell me the Chiefs are anywhere close. Let me help you - they’re not. That 2011 Giants D line was formidable in the playoffs; the 2017 Chiefs aren’t anything close to that hence my comment.

Man, you guys are really going out on a limb here with these predictions.

You should lighten up. When it comes down to it, the Chiefs have to do it. It doesn't matter what I, yourself, or other posters think and comment about on this forum. They either have it or they don't. If the Chiefs win out,  go on a tear all the way through the playoffs and win the SB, we all will be happy. 

Years ago on another Chiefs forum,  Broncostud had some differences in opinion with a chiefs fan.  After he was proven correct he started a thread, telling the poster to "Come forward"  I've always thought that was funny. 

Let's make a deal, if the Chiefs win the Superbowl this season, I want you to start a thread titled "BAVARIANQ COME FORWARD" Make sure you put a lot of exclamation points behind forward. I will be glad to answer and eat crow. 

Who cares what we think, just try to enjoy the team and hope for the best, nothing wrong with that. 

I did. Go look at that defensive line talent they had on that 2011 team, and tell me the Chiefs are anywhere close. Let me help you - they’re not. That 2011 Giants D line was formidable in the playoffs; the 2017 Chiefs aren’t anything close to that hence my comment.

This is absolutely true. As high as Chiefs fans have been on the Chiefs' defense over recent years, the Chiefs never had the front seven the Giants had in 2011. That's the defense you get when your General Manager hits on his draft selections. Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Umenyiora, Kiwanuka... That front created great pressure and consistently got sacks.

At least Chiefs fans are finally starting to see these players for what they really are.

That's not the point of the article though and that's not what you said in the previous post.

The article was just pointing out the similarities between the two teams stats-wise and how both were 6-2 after 8 games.

The statement you made prior, mentioned nothing about the talent level of their defense.  You just mentioned the only difference was a defense.

It's pretty obvious to everyone NOW that the NYG did have the talent to win a SB on defense.

You're basically trying to argue and be right about something we all know already.  That the 2011 NYG defense had the talent to win a SB while the 2017 Chiefs do not.

You should lighten up. When it comes down to it, the Chiefs have to do it. It doesn't matter what I, yourself, or other posters think and comment about on this forum. They either have it or they don't. If the Chiefs win out,  go on a tear all the way through the playoffs and win the SB, we all will be happy. 

Years ago on another Chiefs forum,  Broncostud had some differences in opinion with a chiefs fan.  After he was proven correct he started a thread, telling the poster to "Come forward"  I've always thought that was funny. 

Let's make a deal, if the Chiefs win the Superbowl this season, I want you to start a thread titled "BAVARIANQ COME FORWARD" Make sure you put a lot of exclamation points behind forward. I will be glad to answer and eat crow. 

Who cares what we think, just try to enjoy the team and hope for the best, nothing wrong with that. 

I've got the Pats, PIT, PHI or NO winning the Super Bowl.  How's that for going out on a limb?

That's not the point of the article though and that's not what you said in the previous post.

The article was just pointing out the similarities between the two teams stats-wise and how both were 6-2 after 8 games.

The statement you made prior, mentioned nothing about the talent level of their defense. You just mentioned the only difference was a defense.

It's pretty obvious to everyone NOW that the NYG did have the talent to win a SB on defense.

You're basically trying to argue and be right about something we all know already. That the 2011 NYG defense had the talent to win a SB while the 2017 Chiefs do not.

God you’re nuts

I've got the Pats, PIT, PHI or NO winning the Super Bowl. How's that for going out on a limb?

Ok, I misunderstood you. You were being sarcastic earlier. I'm pretty much a homer and was reading what you typed in a different way. It's the way I used to react when I was more emotionally invested in the Chiefs.

Archived