Chiefs who will be free agents at the end of the season!!..

Ok yall, so who would you keep out of this list?

Bennie Logan

Dustin Colquitt

Anthony Sherman

Albert Wilson

Tyler Bray

Jarvis Jenkins

Phillip Gaines

Steven Terrell

Jordan Devey

Orson Charles

De'Anthony Thomas

Kevin Pierre-Louis

Zach Fulton

Kenneth Acker

Honestly, maybe only KPL and Wilson would be worth holding on to. Fulton aswell perhaps. The rest I really ain't bothered about. Hell, even Wilson might be worth letting go of because he's been far too injury prone of late.

Add these names to the likely departures of Hali, DJ, Smith, Ford, Mitchell, Witzman, Ramik, Harris and Revis, then that cap space is gonna be looking all kinds of sexy in the off season :D

Ok yall, so who would you keep out of this list?

Bennie Logan

Dustin Colquitt

Anthony Sherman

Albert Wilson

Tyler Bray

Jarvis Jenkins

Phillip Gaines

Steven Terrell

Jordan Devey

Orson Charles

De'Anthony Thomas

Kevin Pierre-Louis

Zach Fulton

Kenneth Acker

Honestly, maybe only KPL and Wilson would be worth holding on to. Fulton aswell perhaps. The rest I really ain't bothered about. Hell, even Wilson might be worth letting go of because he's been far too injury prone of late.

Add these names to the likely departures of Hali, DJ, Smith, Ford, Mitchell, Witzman, Ramik, Harris and Revis, then that cap space is gonna be looking all kinds of sexy in the off season :D

Logan if he's reasonable on salary. Wilson needs to go where Alex does but for cheap price he's okay. Bray even though I'd be looking at another veteran and another draft pick too. KPL depending on whether or not we plan to go get a legit guy next to Ragland. Sherman if Andy will really use him. No on Acker. No on Gaines. No on Colquitt. Fulton all depends on how they see Irving. All the others are a coin flip based on how our coaches see the upside. If they don't see much. Then dump em. Toub LOVES DAT but he seems like a total luxury backup type. 

Sherman is a keeper in my opinion but he does not get used enough.  He deserves more opportunity to carry the ball in my mind.  Unless there is a better punter keep Colquitt.  He pins a lot of them inside the 20. 

Colquitt would be too expensive to keep imo. Better off getting a younger, cheaper punter.

I prefer keeping Colquitt for a modest 3-year deal. He's still one of the best in the league and definitely helps the defense more than the offense. Also not only should we keep Sherman, we also have to use him more often. KPL and Wilson would be nice to have for Ware-type deals. Logan is a matter of money IMO but not sold on the rest. May be Fulton as a backup for vet minimum but that's it.

Obviously draft goals will be the key for FA but I believe Chiefs have to spend money on a possession receiver that's great with routes as the #1 WR. Wouldn't mind adding another FA to DL and the rest is all up to the draft.

I prefer keeping Colquitt for a modest 3-year deal. He's still one of the best in the league and definitely helps the defense more than the offense. Also not only should we keep Sherman, we also have to use him more often. KPL and Wilson would be nice to have for Ware-type deals. Logan is a matter of money IMO but not sold on the rest. May be Fulton as a backup for vet minimum but that's it.

Obviously draft goals will be the key for FA but I believe Chiefs have to spend money on a possession receiver that's great with routes as the #1 WR. Wouldn't mind adding another FA to DL and the rest is all up to the draft.

Colquitt would cost around 8m to keep, just not worth it. 

I would not be upset if we didnt bring back a single one of these players. I guess KPL for depth. Id say Fulton for depth at center but the guy is so pathetic at guard we cant risk having him start any more games there due to injury. Let them all walk.

You can't keep a backup that only plays one position in the interior. Not enough room on the roster.

Albert Wilson: as long as he's thought to be the #3 or #4 WR. Demarcus Robinson is the better blocker and more physical WR, and deserves to play more than Wilson. But Jehu Chesson is the key here, because if Chesson begins playing like what the Chiefs thought he'd be when they drafted him, then Wilson is expendable.

Dustin Colquitt: I don't think Colquitt will land a huge payday with his older age. When it's all said and done, Colquitt has already received his huge payday and can likely come back on a slightly higher than usual veteran minimum.

Anthony Sherman: FB play has been one of the more reliable positions for the Chiefs. Sherman is never really talked about because he's usually doing his job and blocking successfully when called upon. Even in the scarce times of catching passes he's usually got good hands. As complex as Andy Reid's offense is, another FB coming in and learning it all for the 1st time would likely slow down the offense.

Tyler Bray: just like Anthony Sherman, the fact that Bray already knows Andy Reid's complex offense gives him the upper-hand in being the #2 backup behind Patrick Mahomes or #3 if Alex Smith somehow returns for another season in 2018.

Zach Fulton: this is the easiest to predict due to how versatile Fulton is. Fulton plays a solid Guard, but even when moved over to Center, Fulton plays even better at Center, and isn't pushed around as easily as Mitch Morse. I've always wondered if Morse would be better at Guard than Center, but Morse seems to be locked in at Center for the foreseeable future.

DeAnthony Thomas: if not for the immediate backup of Tyreek Hill if injured, Thomas's speed is an asset to Andy Reid's offense and Special Teams. Also, when utilized correctly Thomas is also an X-factor on offense. Whether it's a reverse sweep or running a drag route, Thomas and Hill both make defenses forced to always play an extra Defensive Back to cover Thomas.

Sherman is a keeper in my opinion but he does not get used enough.  He deserves more opportunity to carry the ball in my mind.  Unless there is a better punter keep Colquitt.  He pins a lot of them inside the 20. 

Was gna say the same thing. I love sherman but we never use him as a lead blocker

Was gna say the same thing. I love sherman but we never use him as a lead blocker

If you bring back Sherman, sign or draft a legit road grater at guard and likewise add a number 2, 3 TE who can really run block... we could add a physical element to offense missing today. Wouldn't be hard or expensive to do.

Archived