Where does Veach find a good D-coordinator?

Sutton’s stubborn self isn’t going anywhere. I hope for him to be fired just to change things but Reid is just as stubborn

I don't agree. Reid's position will become weaker and weaker if he allows things to remain the same. This year he's received way less criticism than he should have just because Sutton has messed up so bad. He absolutely needs to get a new DC pronto. I hope they consider Rex Ryan, if not him then John Fox, if he gets fired at Chicago, could be someone to look at. I'd also strongly consider Mike Pettine too. 

I don't agree. Reid's position will become weaker and weaker if he allows things to remain the same. This year he's received way less criticism than he should have just because Sutton has messed up so bad. He absolutely needs to get a new DC pronto. I hope they consider Rex Ryan, if not him then John Fox, if he gets fired at Chicago, could be someone to look at. I'd also strongly consider Mike Pettine too.

No offense but i don't like any of those options.

So who would you go with then? And why don't you like those options?

I'm not here to make useful suggestions, just to poopoo on other's useful suggestions.

Speaking of which, because retreads and overrated imo.

Joking btw. I'd have to actually see who's available. Too lazy right now.

IF Sutton "retires" I'd love to see a young, aggressive guy, getting his first shot at DC.   I love Al Harris, if they choose internally.   If external, just a young, aggressive, up coming guy from a good defensive system and history.   I don't want a "name" retread.  

And, like others stated, I doubt Veach has any say in the matter.  And he shouldn't.  Filling the Coaching staff is a HC's job in an ideal hierarchy.  

To me the best hire would be someone like Marvin Lewis or John Fox. Guys who still have excellent defenses and got where they are by being stud coordinators, but will likely lose jobs this offseason.

Philly has a guy like that now in Schwartz and their defense is a damn beast...

Those guys aren’t young and have had extended stays at the hc position. I think those guys would be more likely to either retire or take a year off if they weren’t head coaches next year.

Those guys aren’t young and have had extended stays at the hc position. I think those guys would be more likely to either retire or take a year off if they weren’t head coaches next year.

Could be. I don't care who the next guy is, I just want someone more aggressive, with a little more fire in his personality. Sutton doesn't seem to have a DC's temperament.

Archived