Eagles, Browns so typical

Because, Chiefs.

If Philly wins a super bowl this year or next coupled with any success Dorsey has rebuilding the Browns is really going to make the Chiefs look stupid.

Doug Pederson leaving and trading up for Wentz and being a Super Bowl contender in year 2 already makes us look inept.

With how it goes for the Chiefs I fully expect Philly to win a super bowl and for Cleveland to find a franchise qb before kc and Mahomes so much as even go 9-7 in a season.

Just so so typical.

They better do it fast because we are going 12-4 next year with Mahomes.

And when was the last time anything like this ever worked out in the Chiefs' favor?

Never.

You sound like one of the old tepid Royals fans who said we would NEVER win unless the league shared the wealth. How did that work out. More importantly we finally draft a QB in the first round after three decades of not trying...and you want to run for cover and call it a failure before the guy even gets started. Silly stuff.

You sound like one of the old tepid Royals fans who said we would NEVER win unless the league shared the wealth. How did that work out. More importantly we finally draft a QB in the first round after three decades of not trying...and you want to run for cover and call it a failure before the guy even gets started. Silly stuff.

Hell, even I’m excited about the Mahomes era. Also excited about the emergence of Reggie Ragland. This year sucks, yes, but I believe better days are ahead for the Chiefs.

Hell, even I’m excited about the Mahomes era. Also excited about the emergence of Reggie Ragland. This year sucks, yes, but I believe better days are ahead for the Chiefs.

It's been a pretty good run since Andy got here but whats not to be excited about an organization that says pretty good isn't good enough here anymore and goes all in to draft a young major talent at QB.This years team behind the old guard apparently just ran out of gas. The plan was always to move forward next year anyway. Mahomes, Hill and  Hunt will be all be 24 or younger giving us a trio of big time young talent to build our future around. There's no way its going to be boring. 

All Royals fans did say that for about 26 years because the Royals were garbage until a legit, 4 year window opened up for them to win a championship with and they did.

The difference is in the same 30 years, we've seen the Chiefs have a lot more years with open windows to win a Super Bowl and they've always screwed it up.

All Royals fans did say that for about 26 years because the Royals were garbage until a legit, 4 year window opened up for them to win a championship with and they did.

The difference is in the same 30 years, we've seen the Chiefs have a lot more years with open windows to win a Super Bowl and they've always screwed it up.

So that means when they do something completely different and go all in drafting a young QB with huge upside that you still beat that same shortsighted drum. Just pure drama that's all it is. Nothing at all of substance, just whining to whine whether it makes sense or not.

So that means when they do something completely different and go all in drafting a young QB with huge upside that you still beat that same shortsighted drum. Just pure drama that's all it is. Nothing at all of substance, just whining to whine whether it makes sense or not.

Drafting a 1st round QB guarantees nothing.  All it means is that a 1st round QB has a better chance at making a SB than a QB acquired in any other way.

Even since the '83 draft, it's like 10-12% of all 1st round QBs made a Super Bowl.

You really see the Chiefs, one of the un-luckiest teams in all sports getting into that 10%?

Drafting a 1st round QB guarantees nothing. All it means is that a 1st round QB has a better chance at making a SB than a QB acquired another way.

Even since the '83 draft, it's like 10-12% of all 1st round QBs made a Super Bowl.

You really see the Chiefs, one of the un-luckiest teams in all sports getting into that 10%?

You create your own luck with good scouting and a coaching staff that can develop that talent. This isn’t the lottery. If what we are doing isn’t working you do sonething else. It’s how we turned a 2 win team into one averaging 11 wins per season. That wasn’t luck. And that’s exactly what a team that wasn’t happy with simply being good did when they drafted Mahomes II. They were even willing to sacrifice some this year to do it.

And yet we get the drama filled posts fron you that we will never ever win simply because we aren’t lucky. . If you believe in life you can’t control your own success and have to rely on pure luck and likewise blame bad luck for your shortcomings, I feel sorry for you. That’s what you imply with every becsude Chiefs post.

^^^^

I just don't know how anyone can be so confident in the Chiefs' decision making.  I mean, I've been thrilled with the Chiefs' the past 4 seasons but this season proves it just never goes our way.

The Chiefs are notorious for never putting it all together.  In the 90's we had one of the league's nastiest defenses coupled with one of the worst offenses.

With Vermeil we had an all-time great offense with an equally as historically bad defense.

With Reid and Smith we're always just a day late and a buck short and this year we finally get Smith to play like a real QB and the defense $hits the bed.

Sorry, I'm just frustrated. 

^^^^

I just don't know how anyone can be so confident in the Chiefs' decision making. I mean, I've been thrilled with the Chiefs' the past 4 seasons but this season proves it just never goes our way.

The Chiefs are notorious for never putting it all together. In the 90's we had one of the league's nastiest defenses coupled with one of the worst offenses.

With Vermeil we had an all-time great offense with an equally as historically bad defense.

With Reid and Smith we're always just a day late and a buck short and this year we finally get Smith to play like a real QB and the defense $hits the bed.

Propose changes don’t blame luck. There are answers out there. And one big gigantic one is our organization finally recognizing you can’t be a consistent January contender without investing heavily at the games most important position. There are no guarantees ever. But if you have the right philosophy it can absolutely change the end game. And Andy is elite st getting the most out of his QBs too. Next year starts something we haven’t seen here in our lifetime.It’s unfortunate this old core hit a wall before they could likely get one more shot to make a January run. But this offseason was always going to be where major changes take place. The fun part as a fan is trying to reconcile what those changes should be rather than giving up without even trying.

Elway wanted a puppet, Reid is the last HC he would hire.

Correct me if I’m wrong because I haven’t followed them very closely since the free fall. But aren’t the Broncos relatively healthy? There really is zero excuse for this losing streak with that veteran defense and some good veteran pieces on offense. Point is I think the puppet master is angling for a QB. Don’t you think?

^^^^

I just don't know how anyone can be so confident in the Chiefs' decision making. I mean, I've been thrilled with the Chiefs' the past 4 seasons but this season proves it just never goes our way.

The Chiefs are notorious for never putting it all together. In the 90's we had one of the league's nastiest defenses coupled with one of the worst offenses.

I’ll add this. I’m incredibly frustrated as well and almost just want this season to end despite reality we are still in first place. Very very odd deal to be going to Arrowhead tomorrow without any confidence a first place team can win at home.

Drafting a 1st round QB guarantees nothing. All it means is that a 1st round QB has a better chance at making a SB than a QB acquired in any other way.

It guarantees that the philosophy changed. The Chiefs FINALLY tried to use resources into acquiring the most important position in sports.

Retread game managers have been our problem for years. Finally using real capitol to invest in our own guy.

And if he doesn't work? Try again. Try as many times until you get it right.

Drafting a 1st round QB guarantees nothing.  All it means is that a 1st round QB has a better chance at making a SB than a QB acquired in any other way.

In the same thread you are talking about the Eagles making a superbowl who would be doing it with a first round QB (before his knee injury possible changed that) you talk about how first round QB's guarantee nothing, I mean what.....

In the same thread you are talking about the Eagles making a superbowl who would be doing it with a first round QB (before his knee injury possible changed that) you talk about how first round QB's guarantee nothing, I mean what.....

There’s nothing magical about first round QBs, it’s just far more likely you will find an elite QB there. And therefore if you never draft guys there as we didn’t, it makes it that much harder to strike gold. As such we should almost be as excited about the change in philosophy as we are in Mahomes himself. This is not the same old rabbit hole we are going down!

Now let’s just keep the next Drew Brees (Baker Mayfield) out of Denver and we may dominate this division for years to come.

well it's pretty obvious NOW that he's going to be good.  I wouldn't have said this about them prior to the season.

Archived