Do you think the defense has given up on Sutton? Why wait?

You also can’t blitz players that aren’t good at it. People just assume anyone can get into the backfield and make a good open field tackle. Some of our corners in particular are horrible tacklers. There is more I believe Sutton can do to disguise coversges and stunt some pressure. There’s no doubt this is mainly a talent issue though. He’s trying to hide some glaring weaknesses which isn’t easy.

Dirty Dan is literally the only db we have that is trust to blitz.

Dirty Dan is literally the only db we have that is trust to blitz.

I did notice that other safety Terrill I think his name is blitzed late last week. Nelson is a good tackler but never seen him blitz. We actually did rush some throws late but the Jets WRs made a few great plays. In short though something Veach needs to add are some guys who can do more than run at corner.

I agree, but I've had issues with Sutton's schemes since he got here.  The bend but don't break soft zone 4 man rush has been here since day 1. 

Hopefully Veach will have a person in mind Reid will be comfortable with and then Veach and the new DC can get to work on the talent they will want on the roster. 

A huge part of the defensive roster will not be here next season.

I'm with you. Even in the times we looked good. I thought his calls were soft. But they were masked by Houston and timely turnovers

I cannot count the # of times i’ve seen our D rush 3 at the QB, play in dime on 1st down, or with Houston out in coverage instead of rushing.

These are all Bob Sutton issues. He has talent on defense (I know it’s not the best), but Sutton is soft, out of touch, cannot adjust, and is lost.

He needs to go.

I cannot count the # of times i’ve seen our D rush 3 at the QB, play in dime on 1st down, or with Houston out in coverage instead of rushing.

These are all Bob Sutton issues. He has talent on defense (I know it’s not the best), but Sutton is soft, out of touch, cannot adjust, and is lost.

He needs to go.

yup

Oldtimer said it best last week " Just let them score and give the offense more time to win the game". KC instead played their

stupid penalties in the red zone strategy, gave up the score , left little time on the clock and no timeouts.

What has the offense done that gives anyone the confidence that they’ll go down and win the game?

What has the offense done that gives anyone the confidence that they’ll go down and win the game?

well 4 TD pass's in that one game told me that Kelce or Hil could break the big play .. those odds during that game looked better than using up the clock  trying to delay an obvious score.

well 4 TD pass's in that one game told me that Kelce or Hil could break the big play .. those odds during that game looked better than using up the clock  trying to delay an obvious score.

And the offense still had a chance to win at the end with enough time and failed

And the offense still had a chance to win at the end with enough time and failed

you conveniently  omitted that the Defense  used up all our Time outs as well as our time to score..  the Offensive play calling changes dramatically with 2 time outs and 3 minutes left on the clock

the Defense or lack there of lost the JETS game..not our offense.. you have no point except to whine

It starts with coaching.  The Sutton defensive scheme sucks.  Since he's been here, they've been good against bad teams but struggled against good offenses.  This year it completely imploded.  Sutton needs to be fired so we can overhaul the entire defense.  There's players to work with for next year but they for sure need another legit pass rushing DE/OLB, CB comparable to Peters and more help at S other than just Berry.  Sorenson and Parker are average at best and should be depth pieces.

No. It doesn't start with coaching. It starts with talent.

you conveniently  omitted that the Defense  used up all our Time outs as well as our time to score..  the Offensive play calling changes dramatically with 2 time outs and 3 minutes left on the clock

the Defense or lack there of lost the JETS game..not our offense.. you have no point except to whine

There was still time on the clock

Archived