Strategic reason Peters plays next week

LOL some of these Peters detractors are DESPERATE man :D

Like Veach and Reid are stupid enough to get rid of their best defensive asset in an area we need more quality in!!!..smh.

Also we listened to you whine all week about how sorry we would be after Carr torched our secondary minus Peters. I think you are the one in denial about Peters attitude hurting this team.

He isn't going anywhere so please stop wasting your time wishing. Reid said he will be straight back into the team against the Chargers next week and that issue is OVER!!..so everyone should move on now.

We played better without him. If I'm Andy Reid I move Peters behind Revis as our 5th corner. Make him earn his playing time and trust back. If he doesn't. I'd trade him this offseason. You are kidding yourself if you think its not possible. Hopefully this wakes the kid up.

Also we listened to you whine all week about how sorry we would be after Carr torched our secondary minus Peters. I think you are the one in denial about Peters attitude hurting this team.

Oh look, another poster has tried to misquote me again to gain favor with others!!..what a surprise (shakes head). All I said was those who were having a party about Peters being suspended should not say a damn word IF we get beat because of weak corner play. So please don't try to put words in my mouth as if I was certain we'd lose without Peters, because I wasn't. 

Oh look, another poster has tried to misquote me again to gain favor with others!!..what a surprise (shakes head). All I said was those who were having a party about Peters being suspended should not say a damn word IF we get beat because of weak corner play. So please don't try to put words in my mouth as if I was certain we'd lose without Peters, because I wasn't. 

We didn't get torched, In fact the secondary played its best game of the season without him in there. That should be a huge wake up call for him and his soft play. 

I'll jog your selective memory:

"LOL yeah makes sense. Let Kelce off the hook but suspend our best CB when the division is on the line!!!..BRILLIANT LOGIC. Close the curtains guys!!..this season is DONE."

"NOT WHEN THE DIVISION IS ON THE LINE!!!..suspend him at Denver if you want to make a point, but now? We're just handing the division to our rivals on a plate!!...there's having morals, and then there's being stupid. We're being very stupid right now and Oakland are laughing at us."

I'll jog your selective memory:

"LOL yeah makes sense. Let Kelce off the hook but suspend our best CB when the division is on the line!!!..BRILLIANT LOGIC. Close the curtains guys!!..this season is DONE."

"NOT WHEN THE DIVISION IS ON THE LINE!!!..suspend him at Denver if you want to make a point, but now? We're just handing the division to our rivals on a plate!!...there's having morals, and then there's being stupid. We're being very stupid right now and Oakland are laughing at us."

Check mate!

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said CB Marcus Peters (suspension) is "ready to roll."

Peters was suspended for a game after losing his cool late in the Week 13 loss to the Jets, but that will be the extent of his discipline. "The suspension is over and now he’s back," Reid said. "For whatever wrong took place, he paid that price and now he’s back and I expect nothing but the best for him." Darrelle Revis played surprisingly well in Peters' absence against the Raiders. If that continues, the Chiefs could suddenly have a solid corner duo.

I don't think Peters will go anywhere OR that KC will actively shop him in a trade.

However, if a team came to us with the right offer I would consider it as long as it had 2018 picks.

Agreed. Only way we consider it is if a first is involved imo. But we'd obviously have to use that first on a corner, and what are the odds we get one as good as him?

Say what you want about his antics, the dude is an absolute stud. People saying his play has dropped off aren't watching the same games as me. He may be the best pure cover corner in football.

Agreed. Only way we consider it is if a first is involved imo. But we'd obviously have to use that first on a corner, and what are the odds we get one as good as him?

Say what you want about his antics, the dude is an absolute stud. People saying his play has dropped off aren't watching the same games as me. He may be the best pure cover corner in football.

Completely agree.  Any shortcomings from Peters this year have been a result of a lousy scheme/defensive play-calling and his attitude.

We played better without him. If I'm Andy Reid I move Peters behind Revis as our 5th corner. Make him earn his playing time and trust back. If he doesn't. I'd trade him this offseason. You are kidding yourself if you think its not possible. Hopefully this wakes the kid up.

I remember a big headed Linebacker who had to learn the hard way under todd haley.  And that linebacker has since pointed to that single point in time as to his wake up call.

Chiefs played better all over the defense, Peters' suspension might have played a part due to players noticing a stern approach from the HC but since it was a good effort by the entire team I'm guessing there was more to it. Chiefs won't be worse by putting Peters on the field, if he doesn't perform they can simply replace him with someone else and if he has learned that lesson the chip on his shoulder will make the Chiefs even better than the Raiders game. 

There is NO WAY he's been the best cover corner in football. PFF numbers show him outside of the top ten. And he's so unwilling as a tackler that he cannot possibly be considered an elite player this year. He's been very solid overall and yes he is a natural playmaking ballhawk. But even there the blown easy INT vs Buffalo could easily have ended up costing us that game.

I'm not on board with any rash decision to get rid of him at all costs. He's been a distraction though and the secondary clearly played with a different energy and physicality without him. My point to him would simply be we value your coverage skills and want you to be here because we are better when he's at his best. But cut out all that shenanigans and just play football because we don't need you to be here. And Peters getting into a verbal altercation with Dave Toub as reported is concerning. 

I remember a big headed Linebacker who had to learn the hard way under todd haley. And that linebacker has since pointed to that single point in time as to his wake up call.

Haley was just an idiot. It did revamp DJs career though. That was a weird incident to say the least...

There is NO WAY he's been the best cover corner in football. PFF numbers show him outside of the top ten. And he's so unwilling as a tackler that he cannot possibly be considered an elite player this year. He's been very solid overall and yes he is a natural playmaking ballhawk. But even there the blown easy INT vs Buffalo could easily have ended up costing us that game.

I'm not on board with any rash decision to get rid of him at all costs. He's been a distraction though and the secondary clearly played with a different energy and physicality without him. My point to him would simply be we value your coverage skills and want you to be here because we are better when he's at his best. But cut out all that shenanigans and just play football because we don't need you to be here. And Peters getting into a verbal altercation with Dave Toub as reported is concerning.

It was my opinion. That he may be the best cover corner in football. I think he is top 5. He may not grade out as elite. But I would say his cover skills are as good as any corner in the game. Just my feelings.

Coverage, yes he’s among the best. My problem with him is he’s suddenly no longer a complete football player. If he gets beat he bitches at the officials as if it’s their fault. He can’t control his temper when things get rough. Most of all, his lack of willingness to hit somebody. That sits wrong with me more than any of the other stuff. Football isn’t just a physical game, it’s a mental state of mind, and a defender who won’t hit is about as good as a receiver who won’t cross the middle because he doesn’t want to get hit. There have been less talented guys make it in this league because they were tough ( mentally as well as physically) and fearless. Sometimes this game is about being a football player more than it is talent , and right now a view peters as talent but not a football player.

Coverage, yes he’s among the best. My problem with him is he’s suddenly no longer a complete football player. If he gets beat he bitches at the officials as if it’s their fault. He can’t control his temper when things get rough. Most of all, his lack of willingness to hit somebody. That sits wrong with me more than any of the other stuff. Football isn’t just a physical game, it’s a mental state of mind, and a defender who won’t hit is about as good as a receiver who won’t cross the middle because he doesn’t want to get hit. There have been less talented guys make it in this league because they were tough ( mentally as well as physically) and fearless. Sometimes this game is about being a football player more than it is talent , and right now a view peters as talent but not a football player.

I'd agree with this. I hope this suspension helps him realize what football really means to him and his play reflects it.

It was my opinion. That he may be the best cover corner in football. I think he is top 5. He may not grade out as elite. But I would say his cover skills are as good as any corner in the game. Just my feelings.

I think he’s got good cover skills and elite ball skills. When he’s focused he can certainly help any team even with his big liabilities as a tackler. But I don’t put him in the class with the elite CBs including a couple of dominant rookies.

We saw the Panthers let a superior Josh Norman walk and they are rolling again. So this distraction aside and if we assume he’ll mature fast, I’d still be hesitant to pay him huge money. And any more shananigans or confrontations with coaches I’d consider trading him. That’s up to him.

My question is: was it a solid defensive game or a bad Oakland team? We got our ass handed to us by NYG and NYJ, one game means nothing at this point.

They lost both games by a combined 10 points. 

The defense looked the best it has all year against Oakland, there was definitely an adjustment made by Reid and Sutton.

Archived