Saturday Showdown - Chargers @ Chiefs

Game starts at 8pm eastern. It’s the second game of a double header, where the Lions and Bears duel it out beforehand. Prime time at Arrowhead in front of the nation.

The Raiders victory was sweet as can be after the BS we’ve been dealing with. Seeing Kareem run well again and get in the endzone was breathtaking. We need to keep Fulton at center and ride Hunt to control time and possession.

This game is for the division. The loser will be stuck looking from the outside in. Biggest game of the year. Win and they should be in

Since week 11 the Chargers have been the hottest team shredding defenses, going 4-0.

Since week 11:

Points per game: 32.8 - 2nd rank

Total Yard per game: 465.3 - 1st

Pass yards per game: 341.5 - 2nd

Giveaways: 1 - 1st

No question Rivers and Allen have rekindled their lost love for one another. Chiefs D has a lot to prove if they want to be contenders, and this game couldnt be a better test.

Since week 11 the Chargers have been the hottest team shredding defenses, going 4-0.

Since week 11:

No question Rivers and Allen have rekindled their lost love for one another. Chiefs D has a lot to prove if they want to be contenders, and this game couldnt be a better test.

Chargers are 31st in YPC run defense and 32nd in special teams defense. We need to control the clock and keep that offense off the field while dialing up a big play on special teams. 

I was going to start a thread about this but I'm glad someone else did since I'm typing on my tablet and prone to making typing mistakes.

This game is huge. It's for the division. As disappointing as this season has been at times, I really want the Chiefs to win. I think the Chiefs can win, but i don't want a shootout.

Its a home game for KC.

Run the football.....leave the tricky shit on the white board.

w

Yep. Pound the rock,  control the clock and keep Rivers off the field. He really tends to force things when he gets limited opportunities. Let him get into a rhythm and we are in trouble. 

Key to this game will be 1st down. We need to get into 2nd and 5-6 and give ourselves a chance to stay on the field and neutralize the chargers pass rush.  As Mloe68 mentioned above, control the clock keep rivers on the sidelines and keep our defense fresh. That's why Hunt is so important. We have put up 31points on the jets but scored so fast that our d didn't have a break. Yesterday and the first 5 games we saw what using Hunt does and sustaining clocking eating drives do to a) our defense B) to opponents defense.

Since week 11:

Chargers lost 3 games due to their kicker. Could easily have 9 or 10 wins. 

I was going to start a thread about this but I'm glad someone else did since I'm typing on my tablet and prone to making typing mistakes.

This game is huge. It's for the division. As disappointing as this season has been at times, I really want the Chiefs to win. I think the Chiefs can win, but i don't want a shootout.

Chiefs have no gimmies. Even if, and thats a huge if, they win this game they may lose the last two. This team is not great in any phase. Just average.

Chiefs have no gimmies. Even if, and thats a huge if, they win this game they may lose the last two. This team is not great in any phase. Just average.

You are probably right, but I hope you're not. I can't help myself.

Reid will come out throwing on 1st and 2nd downs.

Hopefully that won't be the case with Nagy calling plays now.

Chargers are horrible against the run. Horrible. Run the ball, play keep away and win. We own rivers cry baby ass

Chiefs roll.

Arrowhead has been itself during primetime. Gonna be nice weather for the fans to cheer their all.

Chiefs roll ye say? Smith plays well in good weather.

Game predicting to be in 45-52 degrees

Reid is probably on a short leash right now. He won't come out calling the useless pass plays if the run is working. Can't really afford to miss out on the playoffs after a 5-0 start.

Andy Is on a short leash with who? Certainly not Clark Hunt or anyone else in that building. No matter what happens this season he’s already put so much change on the table for next year that he’s gonna get a pass. And deserves one bad season in here somewhere too without repercussions. Imagine how much our definition of bad has changed since he got here too

Andy Is on a short leash with who? Certainly not Clark Hunt or anyone else in that building. No matter what happens this season he’s already put so much change on the table for next year that he’s gonna get a pass. And deserves one bad season in here somewhere too without repercussions. Imagine how much our definition of bad has changed since he got here too

Definitely with Hunt IMO. Obviously his job isn't on the line as he got a big extension but considering the last couple weeks Hunt is probably considering taking away some of Reid's powers and that forces Reid and his staff to stop the weird experiments. It's all a guess but watching Nagy get more attention and Reid's attitude towards Sutton makes me believe that Hunt got involved somehow. 

Archived