Saturday Showdown - Chargers @ Chiefs

Not sure how the Chiefs stop the streaking Chargers in this one, short of 2-3 SD turnovers. On top of that, I don’t trust this offensive line to shield Alex from their pass rush. I want to say different, but I think the Chargers win this game by at least 10.

A lot of people say this but we haven't lost many games by 10+, even when it was clear on the field the other team was better or played better that game.

Not sure how the Chiefs stop the streaking Chargers in this one, short of 2-3 SD turnovers. On top of that, I don’t trust this offensive line to shield Alex from their pass rush. I want to say different, but I think the Chargers win this game by at least 10.

Rivers always gifts a few turnovers. Always.

Rivers always gifts a few turnovers. Always.

Again I'm not picking against the Chiefs in the AFC West. We have owned these guys the past 4 years. If they come in and beat us hats off to them. Virtually, Rivers will have to play a turnover free game. Somehow we always seem to get pressure on him. He's a statue back there and all it takes is just getting him off his spot a few times and he'll jump ball a few. We must stop Gordon and company first. Until they beat us I'm not picking the Bolts. Here are the Chargers wins this year...

Giants, Raiders, Folks, Bills, Boys, Brownies, Skins... lost to Miami, Philli, NE, Jack...They have not beat a playoff team folks...

Chiefs 27

Bolts 24

Again I'm not picking against the Chiefs in the AFC West. We have owned these guys the past 4 years. If they come in and beat us hats off to them. Virtually, Rivers will have to play a turnover free game. Somehow we always seem to get pressure on him. He's a statue back there and all it takes is just getting him off his spot a few times and he'll jump ball a few. We must stop Gordon and company first. Until they beat us I'm not picking the Bolts. Here are the Chargers wins this year...

Giants, Raiders, Folks, Bills, Boys, Brownies, Skins... lost to Miami, Philli, NE, Jack...They have not beat a playoff team folks...

Chiefs 27

Bolts 24

The chiefs lost to a few of those non playoff teams.   Rivers has had way more success against the chiefs than failures.  I am gonna say this one goes to the chargers.

Definitely with Hunt IMO. Obviously his job isn't on the line as he got a big extension but considering the last couple weeks Hunt is probably considering taking away some of Reid's powers and that forces Reid and his staff to stop the weird experiments. It's all a guess but watching Nagy get more attention and Reid's attitude towards Sutton makes me believe that Hunt got involved somehow.

I think there’s no chance Clark Hunt is getting involved in coaching decisions and certainly game plans.

The chiefs lost to a few of those non playoff teams. Rivers has had way more success against the chiefs than failures. I am gonna say this one goes to the chargers.

The Chiefs have beaten Phillip Rivers seven straight times and Andy knows how to play teams in this division (14-2 the last three years). That said the Chargers are healthy and playing really good football on both sides of the ball. They are favored for a reason.

The Chiefs have beaten Phillip Rivers seven straight times and Andy knows how to play teams in this division (14-2 the last three years). That said the Chargers are healthy and playing really good football on both sides of the ball. They are favored for a reason.

Andy Reid gets paid the big bucks to win monumental games like these. First year coach Anthony Lynn vs Reid? Primetime night home game at Arrowhead. I'm more worried about a letdown against Miami in all honesty. Chiefs will be ready Saturday night ...

Andy Reid gets paid the big bucks to win monumental games like these. First year coach Anthony Lynn vs Reid? Primetime night home game at Arrowhead. I'm more worried about a letdown against Miami in all honesty. Chiefs will be ready Saturday night ...

Can you have a"let down " when playing a team that recently clobbered the Pats? ..hard to fathom .  The Chiefs have learned the hard way this year there are no "Gimmie" games

Yes they crushed Buffalo, yes they went to Jerry world and embarrassed the cowgirls, yes they just beat Washington fairly easily, but the recent game the Chargers had that Andy and co should take a real long look at is their narrow 19-10 win over the Browns. I watched that game and in all honesty, the Browns had more than enough opportunities to win, but like any team lacking in confidence, they just couldn't get over the line. 

Another thing worth noting is they haven't really come up against quality running backs of late. They faced Dallas without Zeke, Washington without Thompson etc. But the last time they did face a side who rushed the ball well, was against Buffalo and they conceded 24 points. Which, ironically, is the most points they've let in since facing who? KAREEM HUNT AND THE CHIEFS!!. So IF we can get Hunt going, then half the job could well be done. 

Yes they crushed Buffalo, yes they went to Jerry world and embarrassed the cowgirls, yes they just beat Washington fairly easily, but the recent game the Chargers had that Andy and co should take a real long look at is their narrow 19-10 win over the Browns. I watched that game and in all honesty, the Browns had more than enough opportunities to win, but like any team lacking in confidence, they just couldn't get over the line.

Another thing worth noting is they haven't really come up against quality running backs of late. They faced Dallas without Zeke, Washington without Thompson etc. But the last time they did face a side who rushed the ball well, was against Buffalo and they conceded 24 points. Which, ironically, is the most points they've let in since facing who? KAREEM HUNT AND THE CHIEFS!!. So IF we can get Hunt going, then half the job could well be done.

Hunt is very much the key. Get his confidence going early and often. Nagy might just save this season after all.

I think kc continues to get their shit together and does well this week. 10 point margin.

If we beat a surging Chargers team, I’ll believe we’ve turned corner. I’m just concerned we used a lot of emotion to get up and beat a shaky Raiders team and it’s providing some illusion our issues are fixed. We are going to know on Saturday night. Sure was fun beating up Raiders though!

If we beat a surging Chargers team, I’ll believe we’ve turned corner. I’m just concerned we used a lot of emotion to get up and beat a shaky Raiders team and it’s providing some illusion our issues are fixed. We are going to know on Saturday night. Sure was fun beating up Raiders though!

I agree, and Rivers, unlike Carr doesn’t seem to be fazed by Arrowhead. Oh, and it’s supposed to be, what, 60 degrees at kickoff? Got a feeling we drop this one, essentially ending another frustrating year as a Chiefs fan.

I won't necessarily disagree with you, but look at how many points were left on the table against the Raiders.  Harris let a TD go through his hands - albeit a bit of a high throw - and Kelce dropped an easy TD on the five yard line.  Both of these drops resulted in FG's instead of TD's.  That's 8 easy points, that would have changed the complexion of this game from a dominating performance to a smack-down.  And, yes, I realize every team has misses that result in lost points and the Chiefs are no exception.  My point is the Raiders were winning more than losing at the same time the Chiefs couldn't buy a victory and the Chiefs dominated.  I do not believe the Chiefs will "dominate" the Chargers, but I do believe they have enough talent, coaching and Arrowhead magic to pull out a victory.  

I won't necessarily disagree with you, but look at how many points were left on the table against the Raiders. Harris let a TD go through his hands - albeit a bit of a high throw - and Kelce dropped an easy TD on the five yard line. Both of these drops resulted in FG's instead of TD's. That's 8 easy points, that would have changed the complexion of this game from a dominating performance to a smack-down. And, yes, I realize every team has misses that result in lost points and the Chiefs are no exception. My point is the Raiders were winning more than losing at the same time the Chiefs couldn't buy a victory and the Chiefs dominated. I do not believe the Chiefs will "dominate" the Chargers, but I do believe they have enough talent, coaching and Arrowhead magic to pull out a victory.

And the stupid lineman who went too deep. I think he couldn't stop himself. That took away one touchdown.

Raiders were picked by alot of people to win the West and even be a Super Bowl team. They've been pretty healthy overall and still been incredibly inconsistent and just plain bad at time on both sides of the ball. That's why I take last weeks win with a grain of salt.  Del Rio really deserves the hot seat as much as any coach in the game. Hopefully they hang on to him. 

Raiders were picked by alot of people to win the West and even be a Super Bowl team. They've been pretty healthy overall and still been incredibly inconsistent and just plain bad at time on both sides of the ball. That's why I take last weeks win with a grain of salt. Del Rio really deserves the hot seat as much as any coach in the game. Hopefully they hang on to him.

They still beat us though so IMO, dominating a team you lost to earlier is progress.

Archived