What other weapons should Reid/Veach add around Mahomes for next season?

We know the O-line needs attention. Another Guard opposite LDT, another right tackle perhaps? But after this, I wonder what else will be needed for Mahomes to really flourish? He'll have Hunt, Hill and Kelce of course, with Ware to back up Hunt too. What else is needed? He seemed to have a very good relationship with Robinson in preseason, so that might be something to add to the mix. I personally think a tall WR is most certainly needed though. A kid like Jaleel Scott, who is 6'5 may be ideal to add more balance to our offense by being a possession WR  and give us a genuine jump ball threat. Another fast WR would also be nice too as it would then give the opposition a major worry because they'd have to cover two speed guys and couldn't just double team Tyreek. Someone like Kavontae Turpin looks interesting. 

is a video of Scott

is a video of Turpin

So basically teams would have a plethora of issues to deal with and it would give Pat loads of options out there. 

Conley is a big (6'3") possession guy that is also fast and has major hops. Robinson is 6"1' and is fast as well as quick. Both should suffice for the time being. Defense should probably be the main focus for the draft. Opinion of course. Mahomes should have a plethora of options. ????

Conley is a big (6'3") possession guy that is also fast and has major hops. Robinson is 6"1' and is fast as well as quick. Both should suffice for the time being. Defense should probably be the main focus for the draft. Opinion of course. Mahomes should have a plethora of options.

We can get rid of Wilson and DAT and afford to get those two guys I mentioned imo. And with the problems our offense has had at times this season, I think it would be wise to freshen it up a little. 

As far as offense goes, I would like to see an improvement on the Oline and maybe an upgrade at Tight End.  Our #2 tight end drops way too many balls. With Corners playing so far off Hill and safeties having to play so far back, two good TEs would be a nightmare over the middle for defenses.

As far as offense goes, I would like to see an improvement on the Oline and maybe an upgrade at Tight End.  Our #2 tight end drops way too many balls. With Corners playing so far off Hill and safeties having to play so far back, two good TEs would be a nightmare over the middle for defenses.

I agree. A 3rd or 4th round TE would be nice.

Oline across the board. We have been lucky that Fisher and Schwartz have been healthy, but we should get a young tackle as a backup and a guard to start.

I would like to see a stud WR opposite Hill.

Assuming Ware is fully recovered, I think we a pretty good at RB.

Another good TE if available.

Our offseason focus has to be on defense but I’d add a cheap veteran TE that can actually block and prioritize a guard. We need a big legit WR but not sure we have recourses next offseason with so much focus needed on defense where I’d sign a corner and draft another on day two. As well as find an ILB to replace DJ and add another dkinemrn. Veach has his hands full especially with no first round pick.

Conley is a big (6'3") possession guy that is also fast and has major hops. Robinson is 6"1' and is fast as well as quick. Both should suffice for the time being. Defense should probably be the main focus for the draft. Opinion of course. Mahomes should have a plethora of options. ????

Don’t forget about Jehu.

Things Patrick Mahomes will need:

• A WR1 that can catch 50/50 balls

• A half-decent WR3

• Interior linemen that will give him lanes to sandlot out of

• A complement to Justin Houston to give him extra possessions

• Enough fans buying his jersey to kick up the league's salary cap enough so that the Chiefs can afford to replace all of the sub-replacement-level players that shouldn't be on an NFL team in the first place

If he has all of this, his career won't start out rough.

Things Patrick Mahomes will need:

• A WR1 that can catch 50/50 balls

• A half-decent WR3

• Interior linemen that will give him lanes to sandlot out of

• A complement to Justin Houston to give him extra possessions

• Enough fans buying his jersey to kick up the league's salary cap enough so that the Chiefs can afford to replace all of the sub-replacement-level players that shouldn't be on an NFL team in the first place

If he has all of this, his career won't start out rough.

Sounds a lot like the team Alex had here. Hopefully if we get all that we can win more than 1 playoff game against a horrible QB in the next 5 years.

But you are right about one thing. We can actually afford some upgrades by not paying a ridiculous 20 million dollar salary to Alex next year. Now your catching on to the benefits of a first contract QB.

LG and help on defense. The last thing this kid needs is a defense that can't stop anyone and feel pressured to score every single possession and become a pick machine and kill his confidence

That’s what this kid had to do his entire college career. Go toe to toe with guys like Baker Mayfield and do it without the help of any even remotely NFL talent on either side of the ball. He’s mentally tough. Good news is we get the heart and soul of the defense back next season. Turnovers and short fields Alex was gifted for years can’t be far behind. Fill in the gaps with draft picks who add speed and energy.

Stud LG, #2 WR, serious blocking TE. Offense needs very little help from a personnel standpoint IMO. Defense is a god damn mess, but that's not relevant to the question so I digress...

Agree. We’ve got an elite TE, an upper tier WR that’s improving every day and a playmaking RB that can make people miss at the 2nd level. Tackles are both solid for protection and a few system WRs that’s should see numbers improve with Mahomes. Our holes on offense are limited enough we can focus on defense. And even there building around Jones, Tanoh, Ragland, Houston, Berry and hopefully Peters seems doable very quickly.

I don't want the Chiefs to enter 2018 without a solid leadership at receiver. Right now Kelce is supposed to have the most experience and he's basically a kid that put on a uniform. There'll be some cap space coming up and even though a high profile #1 is unlikely I would love the Chiefs to add a Boldin-type FA WR to the mix as a solid route runner and a possession receiver. 

IMO they need a LG and a TE that can help run block and is able to get open and catch passes.   They can find both in FA with our cap space after all our roster cuts and FA departures.  I think our WR situation is fine.  Hill is tremendous and can do alot of things and I think Robinson and Conley will be fine.

I would use the draft to load up on defense. 

If we get picks for Smith we should be alright.

A LG should top our list this offseason, then a DB and OLB.  After that a 2nd string TE and WR.   I think once Mahomes gets going we will see that our WR are a little better than advertised.    Mahomes will throw guys open and if we can give him time he will eat defenses alive.   

I will say the best thing we can do for Mahomes next year is invest in a beastly LG, add a blocking TE and getting Ware back.  Having a successful run game will only take pressure off Mahomes as well as open up the defense for him to pick apart.   With Reid as our HC, can't ever see that happening but we could easily sign the LG in FA, draft that TE and then use the rest of our funds on the D.

Archived