Morse to IR

interesting.. means to me they dont think the drop off(if there is any) from Morse to Fulton is that big of a deal. Awfully thin on the O-line tho

I think the dropoff isn't there because of playing on the high ankle sprain, it sucks but would rather see him just get fully healed and ready for next year. 

Another question I have is Morse worth keeping for next season? We've arguably had better results of late without him in the team so is it time to let him go and get someone else in?

In my opinion, Absolutely. Morse is under contract and it would be wise to keep our best Center on our roster. Now if injuries continue to pile up, it leads to the unfortunate issue of availability. Then we ask this question again. Now it's just premature. At least in my eyes.

What was the point in promoting another CB to the roster when Peters, Revis, Mitchell, Gaines, Nelson and Acker are already active? Could this be a temporary move until they find someone else to bring in?

2 reasons. First, this is a move for a kid that’s gonna play special teams and get a look for live game evaluations. Second, they didn’t see a linemen available worth taking the roster spot.

What was the point in promoting another CB to the roster when Peters, Revis, Mitchell, Gaines, Nelson and Acker are already active? Could this be a temporary move until they find someone else to bring in? 

If they want to protect him and not let another team take him, you make this type of move. 

In my opinion, Absolutely. Morse is under contract and it would be wise to keep our best Center on our roster. Now if injuries continue to pile up, it leads to the unfortunate issue of availability. Then we ask this question again. Now it's just premature. At least in my eyes.

No doubt about it. We've got an upper echelon center (when healthy) locked up for next to nothing next season. Unless he's got some major injury here we don't know about, he should be a lock to come back. Decision on him comes next offseason. 

They're not cutting Mitch Morse.  He's on a rookie deal with 1 more year and the option for a 5th year in 2019.  Same as Peters.

I don't think 2nd round picks get that 5th year option. But he's locked up next year for barely over a million. 

He is cheap. Now I might think about using him as depth if he can’t stay healthy. 2015 he had the 2 concussions and wasn’t there for us in a he playoffs. But then played 17 games last year. Only 7 this year.

The starting spot would be his going into next year, but if he can’t stay healthy, I would want him as a backup.

I think the dropoff isn't there because of playing on the high ankle sprain, it sucks but would rather see him just get fully healed and ready for next year.

Not sure, if it’s not consucssions, he injured. Fulton is his equal at center. I don’t want to see him at center next year.

Erving right now I assume.

Yep. While we traded for him because we thought hes best suited to play in space as a tackle in the future. His value now is he can play anywhere and was the starting center at Florida State. I’ll say this though. When he got here I kept hearing total reclamation project.

Archived