predictions Chiefs vs. Chargers

Chargers are on a tear. Chiefs are on a one game winning streak. Is 1 victory actually a streak? I guess so. Chiefs will have their hands full but if the defense continues to put pressure on QBs the Chiefs have a chance. 31 to 30 Chiefs and yes I’m a total homer on this prediction.

Surprise. The offense wins it in the last few minutes of the game. I don't know the score, but that's my prediction. Oh yes, since this is my prediction it's probably important for me to say it's our offense, not the Chargers.

After all, I've heard over and over this week that being due means it happens. We are due for a last-minute offense production.

If we can hold Chargers to 13 it would be very impressive. I’ll go Chargers 28-20 but I’ll be there hoping you are right!

Ok. 28-17 Chiefs. The Chargers will have a shoulder TD taken away incorrectly and everyone will cry foul, claiming they deserve credit for 6 + 2 PT conversion, onside kick recovery, FG at the buzzer, and overtime touchdown.

Or 20-13 loss, same scenario where we get screwed, but everyone assumes we would have lost in OT anyway or inexplicably gone for two and missed. We'll blame the defense despite it all.

IF Hayward isn't playing then that's MASSIVE!!!...he's ranked the number one CB this season and would have no doubt tried to shadow Tyreek (lol like that would have worked) so now let's hope Hill has a big game for us yall. My logic is this, if Hunt has a good game then we'll dominate, if he doesn't, then it's gonna be in Smith's hands and very much a 50-50 game. 

I also think Kelce could have a big game too. He's been brilliant in the last two games and it's time to both him and Tyreek to show the nation that they can live up to the hype around them.

If we can hold Chargers to 13 it would be very impressive. I’ll go Chargers 28-20 but I’ll be there hoping you are right!

I could be wrong but I feel like last week was a confidence builder and a new lease on life for the defense. They know that they can play at a high level even missing key players

It's interesting to note that as much as we bash the defense, these are the points totals we allowed in the last eight games.

Pitts= 19

Oak= 31

Den= 19

Boys= 28

Giants= 12

Bills= 16

Jets= 38

Oak= 15

So FIVE TIMES we've kept a side under 20 points in the last eight games. Now don't get me wrong, Sutton still sucks and needs to go at the end of the season, but if we can keep this trend going and keep the chargers below 20 then we should have a good shot at winning the game.

Ok. 28-17 Chiefs. The Chargers will have a shoulder TD taken away incorrectly and everyone will cry foul, claiming they deserve credit for 6 + 2 PT conversion, onside kick recovery, FG at the buzzer, and overtime touchdown.

Or 20-13 loss, same scenario where we get screwed, but everyone assumes we would have lost in OT anyway or inexplicably gone for two and missed. We'll blame the defense despite it all.

In general I think a lower score favors us more. But if in the game flow it becomes clear we might need 30 plus to win I hope we attack accordingly. As it is I think speeding game up, controlling ball and limiting their possessions is essential.

It's interesting to note that as much as we bash the defense, these are the points totals we allowed in the last eight games.

Pitts= 19

Oak= 31

Den= 19

Boys= 28

Giants= 12

Bills= 16

Jets= 38

Oak= 15

So FIVE TIMES we've kept a side under 20 points in the last eight games. Now don't get me wrong, Sutton still sucks and needs to go at the end of the season, but if we can keep this trend going and keep the chargers below 20 then we should have a good shot at winning the game.

You should never lose games your defense gives up 16 or less points and we went 1-2 in that stretch. That’s all on Alex and the O. On the other hand you shouldn’t lose games where the offense scores 30 plus points and we were 0-2 in those games in this bad stretch.

Plenty of equal blame to go around.

If we flip one game of each our way, which we absolutely should have, this division is basically over already. But it is what it is. Backs are against the wall now and in general Andy’s teams respond well to that here as we did last week. A win today goes a long way toward burying that 8 hand bad streak. Lose today and we just have to face reality this is a mediocre team and start looking toward new era.

In general I think a lower score favors us more. But if in the game flow it becomes clear we might need 30 plus to win I hope we attack accordingly. As it is I think speeding game up, controlling ball and limiting their possessions is essential.

Two of our six losses, and I hate that we have six, were when we gave up a lot of points, but otherwise, the losses game was in low-scoring games. I think we step up if we need to score but we don't necessarily win the game. I think this is due to two things. When we get a lead, we try to sit on it. And then we have failed at the end of games. We have one at the end before, but this year it seems to not work out that way. Hopefully this is a set up for a turnaround in these last three or playoffs.

No, I don't mean that any of this was on purpose or that we should rely upon luck. I just think it would be cool if we win games at the end. All that matters is that we win, but I would like a few of these confidence builders. Then again, I would also like to blow out teams and be able to rest some players.

I thought maybe we could get to the point where our record was good enough to get the lead to the fourth quarter and then put in reserves and if we lost, so be it. But we lost so many gimmis that we don't have that luxury. And the reality is, we would never have that luxury because we would be aiming for the first or second seed if we had done better.

Two of our six losses, and I hate that we have six, were when we gave up a lot of points, but otherwise, the losses game was in low-scoring games. I think we step up if we need to score but we don't necessarily win the game. I think this is due to two things. When we get a lead, we try to sit on it. And then we have failed at the end of games. We have one at the end before, but this year it seems to not work out that way. Hopefully this is a set up for a turnaround in these last three or playoffs.

No, I don't mean that any of this was on purpose or that we should rely upon luck. I just think it would be cool if we win games at the end. All that matters is that we win, but I would like a few of these confidence builders. Then again, I would also like to blow out teams and be able to rest some players.

I thought maybe we could get to the point where our record was good enough to get the lead to the fourth quarter and then put in reserves and if we lost, so be it. But we lost so many gimmis that we don't have that luxury. And the reality is, we would never have that luxury because we would be aiming for the first or second seed if we had done better.

The number one way you close games out in this league is with a pass rush we’ve been missing most of the year. And that’s exactly where Chargers absolutely excel. If we are forced to pass a lot to keep up it really plays into their strength. On the other hand we are bottom third in the league in converting third down and near dead last the last 6 weeks. No lass rush plus inability to convert third downs is the death knell of most teams. Changing that is crucial tonight.

But hey a great comeback in the final minutes may be the type of thing that can propel a team to a new level late in the season. No doubt. I’ll take anything.

I feel like if your defense holds an opponent to 21 or fewer you should win.

Yes, and when the offense scores 24 or more, we should win. We have that in the Raiders loss and the Jets loss even though the offense did have the ball on the last meaningful possession (no kneel downs). So far we've had more letdowns on the offense, though. I see the Dallas game as a loss by both even though I think we should have beaten them.

Archived