Tyreek Hill, now one of the best WR's in the game?

He just keeps getting better and better doesn't he? That's now TWENTY TD's in his first two seasons. All this while learning on the job basically. Now his routes are more crisp, his hands are phenomenal and he's getting separation from the very best Cb's in the game and pretty much leaving them in the dust. I honestly believe this kid could be as good as he wants to be. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he can be as good as Brown in a few years If he keeps this up. And the scary thing is he's still only 23 years old.

He has great speed that cannot be stopped by a single defender. He demands a Safety double team at ever snap which is just perfect to keep the defense honest. With Mahomes using his cannon arm I'm pretty sure he'll be the top deep threat in the NFL and will have a huge cushion that will easily make him a possession receiver by default. 

Not knocking Alex because he has thrown some beautiful throws lately but Mahomes is on another level.  That threat alone should be enough to give DC's nightmares and then Kelce roaming the middle and Hunts elusiveness in the back field should make for a very bright future in KC.

Not knocking Alex because he has thrown some beautiful throws lately but Mahomes is on another level.  That threat alone should be enough to give DC's nightmares and then Kelce roaming the middle and Hunts elusiveness in the back field should make for a very bright future in KC.

I'm praying we also get a big WR in the 6'4 or 6'5 range who can also give us a legit jump ball threat. That way defenses will really be up against it because we'd be able to hit them with so many different weapons.

I'm praying we also get a big WR in the 6'4 or 6'5 range who can also give us a legit jump ball threat. That way defenses will really be up against it because we'd be able to hit them with so many different weapons.

I was thinking if Conley comes back don’t we kind of already have this guy? But I agree completely. Need a giant possession Wr to compliment Hill.

I don't want to get carried away, but this thread really has me positive about the Chiefs future. Assuming the Chiefs hold on to Nagy, Mahomes is legit, Hill keeps progressing along with Hunt, and also having Kelce.  That a lot of assumptions, but if they turn out to be true the Chief will be pretty nice on offense. It goes without saying that they need to draft well also.

I went back and compared Antonio Brown's numbers vs. Hill during their first two seasons (all Hill has right now). They are both similar in size, with Hill being a little more stout. Hill had a little better rookie season, and is looking to closely match or exceed Brown's second season. 

The only thing is, Hill seems to only be a big play threat right now, and not the all around receiver Brown is. Hill seems to get shut down, and then makes the occasional giant downfield catch, which usually results in a TD. 

I was thinking if Conley comes back don’t we kind of already have this guy? But I agree completely. Need a giant possession Wr to compliment Hill.

Conley is only 6'3, I'm talking about a 6'4 6'5 type of WR who Pat could target against smaller CB's to move the chains and also when we're in the redzone for TD's. 

Conley is only 6'3, I'm talking about a 6'4 6'5 type of WR who Pat could target against smaller CB's to move the chains and also when we're in the redzone for TD's.

Mahomes is much more likely than Alex to throw 50/50 type balls to guys that aren’t clearly open. A big physical WR makes a ton of sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I just had to bump up this thread after rewatching the Miami game. Man, this kid is just phenomenal. I'm really not sure some of our fans realize how special this guy is. The run he made between three defenders to grab that deep ball from Alex was just incredible stuff. And what about the catch for the TD that he should have got? It's gone way beyond just "speed" now, we're literally seeing another Antonio Brown out there, but with the added bonus of having the fastest feet in the entire league. 

IF Pat is anything like we all hope he is, then we're gonna be in for one hell of a ride over the next couple of years yall :D .

Guys, I just had to bump up this thread after rewatching the Miami game. Man, this kid is just phenomenal. I'm really not sure some of our fans realize how special this guy is. The run he made between three defenders to grab that deep ball from Alex was just incredible stuff. And what about the catch for the TD that he should have got? It's gone way beyond just "speed" now, we're literally seeing another Antonio Brown out there, but with the added bonus of having the fastest feet in the entire league.

IF Pat is anything like we all hope he is, then we're gonna be in for one hell of a ride over the next couple of years yall :D .

Don't forget the under thrown long ball at the end of the 1st half that he had to make one hell of a route adjustment and jump for the ball while being covered by a good CB. Exceptional ball skills. Can't wait to see him keep growing.

Don't forget the under thrown long ball at the end of the 1st half that he had to make one hell of a route adjustment and jump for the ball while being covered by a good CB. Exceptional ball skills. Can't wait to see him keep growing.

Smith was hit when he threw the ball. Smith successfully underthrows his receivers often enough that I think that it is his safety net. In other words, as people say throw where only the receiver can catch the ball, that might be something even though it's typically passes that are overthrown. But I think those are just underthrows, just supposing out there. This one he was hit.

He’s a star right now. Just flat special. Had they gotten through to Alex last January that he needs to check into a deep ball to him anytime has matched up without safety help, we beat Pittsburgh in my opinion. Pat Mahomes has to be licking his chops to throw to this guy. If he stays healthy I think 1,500 yards and 10 TDs next year is possible.

Had they gotten through to Alex Brad Childress last January that he needs to check into a deep ball to him anytime has matched up without safety help, we beat Pittsburgh in my opinion.

Fixed.

It's not Smith's job to coordinate the offense. It's his job to execute what the coaches coach him to do.

Fixed.

It's not Smith's job to coordinate the offense. It's his job to execute what the coaches coach him to do.

Your telling me a QB isn’t supposed to be able to recognize coverages and check into plays that exploit them. Yeah. Okay.

Your telling me a QB isn’t supposed to be able to recognize coverages and check into plays that exploit them. Yeah. Okay.

We've been over this in these forums. Smith publicly said he wasn't in the progression, and no one from the team ever disputed that. That's on the offensive coordinator 100% of the time.

Archived