Has Sutton saved himself?

Unless I'm just missing it, the amount of years he signed for originally was never made public. What's to say they haven't extended him

I said a few weeks ago i don't think he goes anywhere. His 4 years prior to this the D was in the top 7 of ppg allowed. Berry goes down, DJ is past his prime and Hali is completely done.

Those are some the reasons that would get used for the dropoff.

I think they should move on i just don't Andy will.

I think LuvHouse is right in that his contract is up after this season and that he signed a 5 year deal in 2013.  If he was extended already, the Chiefs would've released a statement saying so and they have not.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt Lewis is an option. He's probably going to get a HC job instantly, otherwise won't choose to be some HC's bitch and hang it up. There's still time to see who gets fired or jumps up the radar at possible DC candidates. Chiefs won't be making a switch until elimination from the playoffs. 

I doubt Lewis is an option. He's probably going to get a HC job instantly, otherwise won't choose to be some HC's bitch and hang it up. There's still time to see who gets fired or jumps up the radar at possible DC candidates. Chiefs won't be making a switch until elimination from the playoffs. 

lots of ex HC's want to take a break and just go back to  being a coordinator or position coach

Exactly...Wade Phillips is doing it so why not Lewis? I also have no doubt that Rex Ryan would love to come to KC and work with Andy.

those coaches took time off between gigs, that's the whole point people are making here.

Phillips went years between his last HC job and DC coordinator position with Denver. 

those coaches took time off between gigs, that's the whole point people are making here.

Phillips went years between his last HC job and DC coordinator position with Denver. 

Exactly. If Lewis gets a year off without a HC gig I could see him going for a well paying DC job simply for a ring and Hunt isn't scared of coughing up the money for coaching. That being said Lewis not getting a promotion or HC offers could change his mind soon but I doubt it's a possibility from day one. 

too many subpackages anymore to say  who is a 3-4 or a 4-3..that being said we got Ragland because he did not fit Buffalo's 4-3 scheme and has really shined since coming here..getting a DC that is a 4-3 guy pretty much makes his aquistion  and draft pick wasted IMO

A lot of folks were moaning about the defense after yesterdays game. But again, here are the stats from the last TEN games...

Pitts= 19

Oak= 31

Den= 19

Boys= 28

Giants= 12

Bills= 16

Jets= 38

Oak= 15

LA= 13

Miami= 13

So in the last ten games we've kept our opponents under twenty points SEVEN times, including five games where they were sixteen and under. Now don't get me wrong, we clearly need some new personnel in the defense next season. But my word, that is an impressive run, isn't it? So, has Sutton saved himself or not?

A lot of folks were moaning about the defense after yesterdays game. But again, here are the stats from the last TEN games...

Pitts= 19

Oak= 31

Den= 19

Boys= 28

Giants= 12

Bills= 16

Jets= 38

Oak= 15

LA= 13

Miami= 13

So in the last ten games we've kept our opponents under twenty points SEVEN times, including five games where they were sixteen and under. Now don't get me wrong, we clearly need some new personnel in the defense next season. But my word, that is an impressive run, isn't it? So, has Sutton saved himself or not?

Lets hope not. Its a a spot on the staff where we can improve. Im sure some of it rides on ther playoff outcomes as well. I just want to see an aggressive playcaller there. I fucking hate Suttons scheme.

That’s pretty amazing. 6-2 at Arrowhead and the two we lost we gave up 16 and 19 points. We’re onky giving up 16.8 PPG at Arrowhead this year.

That’s why bad losses to the giants, jets and then the bills at home were so devastating. Win those games and we have a bye and aren’t leaving arrowhead.

That’s why bad losses to the giants, jets and then the bills at home were so devastating. Win those games and we have a bye and aren’t leaving arrowhead.

In hindsight, it’s stunning we lost to such inferior competition. Kinda makes you question Reid’s competence, actually. If he’d handed playcalling over to Nagy earlier, would things have been different? Matters not now.

In hindsight, it’s stunning we lost to such inferior competition. Kinda makes you question Reid’s competence, actually. If he’d handed playcalling over to Nagy earlier, would things have been different? Matters not now.

I have to believe that sometimes it's necessary to overcome the adversity.

Archived