Ragland and KPL, how good are they together?

A LOT of people have been raving about these two young men, especially Rangland. They seem to have a very solid partnership going on on the field and I truly believe they are part of the reason why we've done better lately. After the Pitt game everyone was bashing our run defense, but it's been as solid as a rock in recent games and these two have really stepped up. With the emergence of these two do you think we draft another inside-linebacker in the offseason?

Ragland is a beast. KPL is serviceable and it seems they work well together so that helps. I'd love to see what Eligwe can do, I think his skill set/ceiling is higher than KPL personally. Never hurts to continue to invest in the position no matter what, just seems like the priority may be sliding down the list a little further. Which is a good thing.

Ragland is a beast. KPL is serviceable and it seems they work well together so that helps. I'd love to see what Eligwe can do, I think his skill set/ceiling is higher than KPL personally. Never hurts to continue to invest in the position no matter what, just seems like the priority may be sliding down the list a little further. Which is a good thing.

Yeah, I wonder if Eligwe will get any snaps at Denver if we beat Miami? That would be great. And I agree about the priorities changing. CB, OLB and Guard are probably more pressing concerns right now. And then maybe we can get another ILB in FA.

This. Ragland can be truly special.

I think KPL is very good depth. I dont see an impact starter. I hope they resign KPL as he is a FA, but he is not going to be the guy who will ever be able to come close to giving us what DJ did at peak. We need an impact guy there.

I think Ragland is looking more like the prime DJ. And at that point KPL is better than anything DJ played next to.

Butt I do believe eligwe has a higher ceiling and could give us 2 dynamic ILB

I don't. Not with

Ragland

Eligwe

KPL hopefully

Wilson

Terrance Smith

Seriously? I think its one of the biggest needs on the team personnel wise. Ragland is a beast man but he is not made to cover backs and TE or stay on the field on third downs. We need to replace DJ. Ragland doesnt even play the same position.

They are the best the Chiefs have right now. From the moment Kevin Pierre-Louis left the field with injury yesterday, the Chargers' offense began to pick up steam. I got really, really worried. I kept seeing Derrick Johnson going to where he was supposed to go, but not getting there near fast enough. It's tough to watch.

Football is a microcosm of life that way: By the time you've figured things out, you're too slow and old to succeed.

Just a phenomenal trade by Veach. Heck we haven’t given up a 100 yard rusher since the Pitt game.

Did you see the follow up tweet? He's been the best ILB in coverage as well. So much for all the " He's just a two down backer". Great pickup and boy did we need him.

Did you see the follow up tweet? He's been the best ILB in coverage as well. So much for all the " He's just a two down backer". Great pickup and boy did we need him.

That's not what it said. It said in coverage yards per snap. Which speaks to his tackling ability and the type of routes he's covering more than his coverage ability. Let's slow our roll before we brand him the next luke kuechly.

That's not what it said. It said in coverage yards per snap. Which speaks to his tackling ability and the type of routes he's covering more than his coverage ability. Let's slow our roll before we brand him the next luke kuechly.

If you read his draft bio he was on the field in certain pass situations but Saban took him out in others. Film backed a guy more suited for zone than man to man. He’s good at making proper reads, shedding blockers and finishing tackles. Ironically he did name Kuechly as his favorite current player. I do think he can actually add a little value to as a pass rusher in certain situations as well. But all in all this looks realistically like a classic thumper to me that does bring some coverage and potentially some pass rush skills as well.

Archived