Alex Smith traded to the Browns Prediction

So Browns coach may bench his QB? Even if they draft a top QB why not let a veteran, Smith, lift the team to respectability while the rookie learns? Maybe two second round picks? I know not likely.

Formula worked in KC why not Cleveland.......DORSEY?

Browns coach Hue Jackson did not commit to starting DeShone Kizer the final two games of the season.

Kizer was dreadful against the Ravens and committed three bad turnovers including his sixth red-zone interception of the season, which "leads" the league. Jackson has said Kizer will finish the season as the starter, but he left the door open for a benching after the game. "If the best decision is to move forward in a different direction, we will," Jackson said.

I don't wish the Browns on my worst enemy. Smith is not my worst enemy. Having said that, go get the best compensation you can. If there is a tie, go to the NFC in the best situation possible. Smith might have something to level things out or have a say.

A lot of people have said Buffalo, but with the decision-making to start Peterman, if I were Smith I wouldn't trust the coach's judgment. I know that Smith doesn't have a no trade clause or anything, but I'm just trying to say what I think his perspective is. I think he trusts himself, but he does not trust coaches as much. He knows the season can go up and down and if it's down, that coach has shown he panics.

It'd be nice if CLE wanted Smith because they have a ton of high picks in each round but I doubt CLE goes this route and uses the #1 overall on a QB they groom behind Kizer.

I think Smith will get dealt to a team like MIN, ARI or NYJ.

JMO.

I don't wish the Browns on my worst enemy. Smith is not my worst enemy. Having said that, go get the best compensation you can. If there is a tie, go to the NFC in the best situation possible. Smith might have something to level things out or have a say.

A lot of people have said Buffalo, but with the decision-making to start Peterman, if I were Smith I wouldn't trust the coach's judgment. I know that Smith doesn't have a no trade clause or anything, but I'm just trying to say what I think his perspective is. I think he trusts himself, but he does not trust coaches as much. He knows the season can go up and down and if it's down, that coach has shown he panics.

Not sure there are that many teams that need a QB? He wont have many choices. KC was not great spot for him and it worked out well.

It'd be nice if CLE wanted Smith because they have a ton of high picks in each round but I doubt CLE goes this route and uses the #1 overall on a QB they groom behind Kizer.

JMO.

Kizer looks done in Cleveland. Dorsey has to get that team on track & Jackson needs to start winning for job security.

Kizer looks done in Cleveland. Dorsey has to get that team on track & Jackson needs to start winning for job security.

Possibly, but he's only played one year.  I doubt they completely give up on him after this season.

I'd love for CLE to give us some picks for Smith, just not sure they're going with the veteran QB through the trade market route.

They could always make a run at Cousins, too.

JMO.

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are....

The browns are going to be good in a few years, they're going to have a Jax like rise with all the young talent they are accumulating and will accumulate.  They already got a top pass rusher last year, next year they have two top 5 picks which is unreal.  They're going to stockpile talent like crazy and come out of nowhere like Jax did in a few years.

Dorsey's stated goal is to win that division next season. He's got zero chance with Kizer who wasn't even good in college and none of the other QBs are ready to play and win in that division. Alex Smith makes a TON of sense there. They have all kinds of draft picks and cash. He however knows exactly what our plan for Alex was in KC, so that seems to hurt our chances of getting decent compensation even if they do pursue him. Then again he's the guy that gave up 2 second rounders to get him the first time around so who knows.

Not sure there are that many teams that need a QB? He wont have many choices. KC was not great spot for him and it worked out well.

Really? Because Imo Browns, Arizona, Jets, Denver, NY, Bills and Miami will most likely need a QB next season. Hell, even Texas may need one depending on how Watson's recovery goes. And this is why I think we'll be in a strong position to trade because Smith is having a damn good season right now despite the poor games he had recently.

The browns are going to be good in a few years, they're going to have a Jax like rise with all the young talent they are accumulating and will accumulate.  They already got a top pass rusher last year, next year they have two top 5 picks which is unreal.  They're going to stockpile talent like crazy and come out of nowhere like Jax did in a few years.

Yep, their fans are suffering like crazy right now, but like you I see a big rise for them coming within the next two years. Even now I watch them and they have been well in the games and should have won at least five this season. With extra quality, they will get the job done. Josh Gordan is another stud on their roster aswell.

The browns are going to be good in a few years, they're going to have a Jax like rise with all the young talent they are accumulating and will accumulate. They already got a top pass rusher last year, next year they have two top 5 picks which is unreal. They're going to stockpile talent like crazy and come out of nowhere like Jax did in a few years.

They have had multiple first round picks and high ones before and continue to mess up. They then dump the system they were building for and jettison their picks lie Ravi and and such. How we also got Swartz when they wanted to cut contracts and start over.

Crazy Gordon is Bowe in waiting

The beat writer for the Browns just completely roasted Hue Jackson and the whole Browns organization because Gordon has just consistently played them for the patsies. This guy made Gordon sound like a complete train wreck.

Smith to NE. As long as he's not worried about $$$ or starting. Hoyer has the experience in the system but Smith is the smarter, better QB. Gives NE legit starter when Brady finally goes down (this will happen sooner rather than later) and while they groom the next.

Pittsburgh wouldn't be a bad spot either.

I know it's far fetched but it gives Smith a legit team to go to.

Smith still has a few years left in him so a trade makes a lot of sense. They will be getting him as a rental for a year and would probably sign a 3-year deal immediately with a reduced salary. I'm guessing Dorsey would want some stability while looking for his next QB and Smith could easily provide that. Besides Browns always seem to have picks to waste and giving up a 2nd for Smith may not be as bad.

Don't forget that Roethlesberter, Eli, Rivers, and Palmer could all very well retire after this season...that changes things...

Big Ben and Rivers will never retire on their own.  They'll keep trotting out there until they're almost in a wheel chair.

Not even close. Kid is 24 years old and sounds like he's finally got his head on straight. The next monster WR with a valid QB/system. Mahomes could easily be that QB.

he'll be 27 at the start of next season.  the problem with him is that with any future issues he's suspended again instantly.

Why would smith take a reduced salary? We may not like how he plays, but the guy wins and is putting up top 5-10 stats. He guts act like he's nothing but a backup qb. I'm not a smith Homer by any means, but how some of you view him is mind boggling. We could do so much worse. As well as half the league IS doing now at qb

Archived