Why is Robinson getting no looks?

It appears that Robinson has not even been part of the offense the last couple of weeks. I can't tell if he is simply not getting open, no plays are designed for him or Alex simply doesn't trust him. All indications point to Robinson having good hands. He only seems to get looks when there is a broken play. The Chiefs can not just rely on Kelce and Hill. Wilson is getting a few throws but Robinson may be the best pure WR the Chiefs have and I find it disappointing he is not even part of the offense. It may be his own fault for not getting separation, I don't know. Our lack of looking downfield clearly hurts him. He will hopefully blossom once Mahomes takes over. I hope that Robinson takes over Wilson's slot role once Conley comes back next year.

It appears that Robinson has not even been part of the offense the last couple of weeks. I can't tell if he is simply not getting open, no plays are designed for him or Alex simply doesn't trust him. All indications point to Robinson having good hands. He only seems to get looks when there is a broken play. The Chiefs can not just rely on Kelce and Hill. Wilson is getting a few throws but Robinson may be the best pure WR the Chiefs have and I find it disappointing he is not even part of the offense. It may be his own fault for not getting separation, I don't know. Our lack of looking downfield clearly hurts him. He will hopefully blossom once Mahomes takes over. I hope that Robinson takes over Wilson's slot role once Conley comes back next year.

This is a very good question. i don't understand it either. I think that Robinson could be a very good reciever. He runs very good routes and is good with the ball in his hands. Use him to open the field even more. 

But I agree with Luv. Smith is very limited and might not be getting to him in his progressions. 

Or, he's just not involved in the game plan.  When you have Hill, Kelce and even Hunt to throw to, there's no real need to work in a 3rd/4th string WR.  Especially when the running game was so effective like it was against the Chargers.

Robinson got 37 snaps, 56% of the plays on offense against the Chargers.  

http://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/17/chiefs-snap-counts-week-15-darrelle-revis-sees-limited-time/

Its hard to take you seriously. Last week you were ready to step off the ledge. At least I'm consistent in my opinion. You will see the bad Alex again come playoff time. Mark my words.

and you just can't wait for it.

I'm using the old, RA69 anti-jinx routine to get us a few big wins. 

Alex only trusts a few. The only reason Robinson caught anything this year was when Wilson was out. Wilson is back and everyone is just seeming to love what he does for this offense. (Tongue firmly in cheek)

If Robinson ever gets a legit opportunity, it'll be with Mahomes at the helm. Not before.

Oh please lets not bring that here or start that up again.

Royals won a world series and Chiefs won 11 straight games using this method on the old scout boards until the mods banned him.  Instantly loss to the patriots in the playoffs the next week.Cost us a WS and Super Bowl in the same year lmao

post-25744-0-63181700-1513633765_thumb.jpg

Royals won a world series and Chiefs won 11 straight games using this method on the old scout boards until the mods banned him.  Instantly loss to the patriots in the playoffs the next week.

Cost us a WS and Super Bowl in the same year lmao

I assume you avoid black cats, ladders and stay inside on Friday the 13ths. Ever heard of the curse of the Goat, or curse of the Bambino? You know how they broke those "curses". They got better players.  

He seems good on scramble drills and broken plays. He seems open on plays where it is clear he wasn't the first or second read (Smith could be the problem IF he was in the progression) - but I have to also look at whether he's breaking routes, being sloppy, etc., too. I mean, I'm all for giving Smith blame along with credit for other things, but I'm not going to presume the benefit of the doubt for Robinson either. It's likely to be a combination leading to Smith not trusting him to be where he thinks he will be, him being a second or third thought in the playcalling, etc.

I find it interesting that based on what I've seen of Mahomes in college and preseason this year that one of his biggest strengths is his improvisational skills when the pocket collapses. I think he could be another Russell Wilson (without the foot speed). This is exactly the biggest weakness of Alex Smith. Smith is good at running, probably better than Mahomes will ever hope to be, but Smith's accuracy, ability to throw on the run and his unwillingness to do so keeps him from being on an elite level. A guy like Robinson will thrive with Mahomes. Kind of like what a Doug Baldwin does for Wilson. Baldwin always seems to get open on those broken plays and hopefully Robinson can supply some of that. Baldwin is an elite receiver that no one talks about. I think Robinson has some of the same qualities.

Its hard to take you seriously. Last week you were ready to step off the ledge. At least I'm consistent in my opinion. You will see the bad Alex again come playoff time. Mark my words.

I agree. Just wait until the running game gets shut down and Alex has to make plays to win the game for us. Coming soon...

I agree. Just wait until the running game gets shut down and Alex has to make plays to win the game for us. Coming soon...

No matter what ultimately happens its really good for us that Alex is having by far the best season of his career. But I think what you both are saying is that history and even this season would indicate that bad Alex will reappear when we can least afford it too. Hopefully good Alex can make a timely appearance to because he is capable of that. In the end QBs of this level can't be counted on when it really matters and thats why we drafted Mahomes. Again it doesn't mean he can't though. 

Royals won a world series and Chiefs won 11 straight games using this method on the old scout boards until the mods banned him. Instantly loss to the patriots in the playoffs the next week.Cost us a WS and Super Bowl in the same year lmao

He also said seattle would win 10 straight superbowls.... his schtick got old quickly and then him posting it in every thread too....

Hard for robinson to get targets when your qb

1. Pulls it down and runs after the first and second read aren’t open.

2. Wont throw to a player that isnt WIDE open by nfl standards.

He has thrown into tight windows and to non-open receivers this year and a bit of last year. He has also gone to third reads in his career. Exaggerations don't help. He's not the best quarterback nor is he the most improvisational, but generalities don't explain everything. Robinson breaks off routes, which works when the quarterback needs to scramble, and Smith can scramble, but I don't think that Smith is going to be looking for Robinson if he is not good on this routes reliably. I'm not the best at offense, this is just what I've read about him. Smith certainly has faults and weaknesses and limitations, I just don't think he would continue to start for this long in this league if he didn't do the things you say he doesn't do.

Nagy is basically auditioning for a job and he wants the flashy plays as well as an effective running game. Frankly I don't see much improvement in our passing attack besides the deep throws to Hill but as long as it's working Nagy will probably need to spend more time with Robinson or other receivers before being comfortable with them. Right now it's probably on Smith's shoulders to make the read but not sure how much he actually practiced with Robinson. I wouldn't be surprised if Mahomes spends more time with him in practice as they are both considered for the future. 

is this chiefsp?  Sorry, I just hadn't noticed he posted in a while and the comments are very similar.

I assume you avoid black cats, ladders and stay inside on Friday the 13ths. Ever heard of the curse of the Goat, or curse of the Bambino? You know how they broke those "curses". They got better players.  

Interesting how so many posters can trash Andy Reid, Alex Smith, Marcus Peters or anything else with the Chiefs, but the minute someone uses a reverse-jinx statement they lose their minds.

Archived