Kpass. Did he play well?

The one play that stood out was when got flagged for PI (on a WR no less). I know he is a supposed physical freak but I want to slap Sutton for making our end rusher cover downfield. Not even play the flat, DOWNFIELD! The guy is 6’7” and 300 lbs. I think he hasn’t let it go yet. He is thinking too much. He was a lot more explosive in preseason, I think. I think he will be a starter some time next year even with a healthy Ford.

Looked like they are still figuring out where he'll play. I've mostly noticed him at LB but seen him in coverage as well so he's not considered a pure pass rushing type but probably learning to be a full package OLB. 

I don't see that happening.   I can't imagine he'll be able to cover well

Watch the games.. there has been a few times he has been much deeper in coverage than you would think, but athleticly he is right there.. also he is on coverage return units.. the guy is not normal for his size, and is very capable once he understands what is supposed to do

I think he is a DE next year whether we remain in a 34 or transition to 43. He just cant be expected to be a true edge player in a 34. Theres no way a guy that is 6'6" 280+ will have the explosiveness and lateral mobility to fulfill that role full time. There is no 34 OLB in football his size and theres a reason why. He is a freaky athlete but thats asking too much.

I think he is a DE next year whether we remain in a 34 or transition to 43. He just cant be expected to be a true edge player in a 34. Theres no way a guy that is 6'6" 280+ will have the explosiveness and lateral mobility to fulfill that role full time. There is no 34 OLB in football his size and theres a reason why. He is a freaky athlete but thats asking too much.

what about a MLB?

Watch the games.. there has been a few times he has been much deeper in coverage than you would think, but athleticly he is right there.. also he is on coverage return units.. the guy is not normal for his size, and is very capable once he understands what is supposed to do

I saw it in the SD game. He was way back there..

The beauty is that with his size/ athletic abilities he can line up at any of our base front 5 or sub front 4 spots. He is a guy who if he is not the mismatch he can be cause for a mismatch elsewhere with how you line him up. More big athletes our front 7 acquires the more we are able to confidently zone blitz as well. That would seem to play into what Bob preaches about avoiding always and never, being multiple, having player versatility n so on..

The two comparisons I heard Dorsey make most were Sean Jones and Justin Tuck. Two versatile defensive.linemen who could drop into zone coverage sometimes to exploit length but were definitely linemen. Should be a stellar set the edge guy in the running game if he develops as we hope and just a subpackage pass rushing nightmare that can lineup inside and out. If this happens. Our defense could be good again very quickly if Veach can pull In a few more young Ragland type contributors at CB and LB.

Even though he looks to be too big he has good speed and agility for his size. However I also doubt he'll be able to cover as deep as Houston does but could be an underneath coverage guy similar to a MLB. Right now I feel like they are experimenting to find out his capabilities and will decide on a role later. Also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at DE in the end.

Seth Keysor seems to be very high on this kid as a rusher. And wrote a very decent article about him earlier this month HERE. If all goes well against Miami then hopefully Tanoh will get a start at Denver and really ball out. His ability to bend around the corner at his size is really freakish tbh. I think he could be just fine as a edge rusher if he continues to work on his craft.

Archived