Alex playing with 3 skill position Pro Bowlers

Priest and tony g. Kennison was very good for us, but not quite the raw talent of hill. Ek was old reliable though.

That was the other three in modern era who would be comparable that I was thinking about. Interesting Andy Reid has never had a 1,000 hard rusher and WR in the same season before.

That was the other three in modern era who would be comparable that I was thinking about. Interesting Andy Reid has never had a 1,000 hard rusher and WR in the same season before.

they're close to have 2 1,000 WRs and a 1,000 yard rusher.

That is interesting. 1000 yards isn’t the achievement it was before the league went to 16 games. One only needs to average 62.5 ypg to hit 1000. Without looking at stats I’d venture to say that it’s been the 1000 yard rusher that Reid has lacked more often than not.

That is interesting. 1000 yards isn’t the achievement it was before the league went to 16 games. One only needs to average 62.5 ypg to hit 1000. Without looking at stats I’d venture to say that it’s been the 1000 yard rusher that Reid has lacked more often than not.

With RBs like Westbrook, D. Staley and LeSean McCoy I bet he had plenty of seasons with 1,000 yard RBs.

Andy's RBs are the studs of his offense most of the time although they all catch a ton of passes too. Still he's had four RBs all go for over 1,000 yards. Only Jamaal didn't do it multiple times.

If you look at his WRs in Philly it explains a lot. Pretty pedestrian group overall other than one year of TO, until it looks like he finally said enough is enough and drafted D Jackson and J Maclin in back to back seasons. He's always had pretty good TE groups but never anyone like Kelce either. 

All said this is probably Andy's best skill position group ever as well with the possible exception of that group he had toward the end of his Philly tenure which was pretty salty as well. 

Three Pro Bowl skill position players (one selected as a special teamer, not a wide receiver, except as an alternate), no Pro Bowl offensive linemen, and no Pro Bowl defenders. Any quarterback would jump at the chance to run for their lives for 60 minutes every week.

Yeah mkay. Do you have to frame everything you say to try and put alex in the best possible light?

Let's just call it 2.5 as even though Hali is playing a skill position he's in there as a ST guy.

Tyreek has been average this year as a special teams player largely because he never returns kickoffs and not many people give him legit opportunities to return punts. Or smart teams anyway.

He's 4th in the AFC in receiving yardage while he's been targeted at least 39 times less than anyone ahead of him. 70 fewer targets than Brown or Hopkins too. Which is absurd. Some of that is Kelce, some is Alex and yes some his own learning nuances of position. Still his catch percentage is actually number one overall. This guy is a stud WR right now. 

Yeah mkay. Do you have to frame everything you say to try and put alex in the best possible light?

Here? Yes. If I didn't, no one else would, and popular sentiment would have escalated to "Lynch Smith" seasons ago. But thanks to these contributions, reason continues to be latent around here, even if some actively oppose that reason.

Here? Yes. If I didn't, no one else would, and popular sentiment would have escalated to "Lynch Smith" seasons ago. But thanks to these contributions, reason continues to be latent around here, even if some actively oppose that reason.

It's not reason. Not sure what it is, but it's definitely not reason...

But yeah you keep telling yourself that...

It's not reason. Not sure what it is, but it's definitely not reason...

But yeah you keep telling yourself that...

We could have 10 HOFers in their prime playing with Alex and he’d still call the group substandard. He’s clearly related to Alex or something. I guess if I was I might be irrational about him too.

We could have 10 HOFers in their prime playing with Alex

We don't have one Hall of Fame player with Alex, except maybe Tamba Hali, and calling him a shadow of himself would be insulting to his actual shadow. Justin Houston got his ACL injury at a time in his career where he may not last long enough in the league to make the cut. So, please, stop making excuses for a roster that lacks playoff-level talent at every position group except QB, RB, and TE. Even Travis Kelce has a ways to go to be considered a potential future Hall of Famer.

We don't have one Hall of Fame player with Alex, except maybe Tamba Hali, and calling him a shadow of himself would be insulting to his actual shadow. Justin Houston got his ACL injury at a time in his career where he may not last long enough in the league to make the cut. So, please, stop making excuses for a roster that lacks playoff-level talent at every position group except QB, RB, and TE. Even Travis Kelce has a ways to go to be considered a potential future Hall of Famer.

We’ve got a top 3 RB, WR and TE in the AFC all playing around Alex. Any QB would LOVE that. Most QBs don’t have that. Most QBs don’t have the number one scoring defense in the conference since 2013 or a defense which has created the most turnovers since then either. Alex did. And Alex does. Hopefully ly he can help parlay these riches into a playoff run. Or heck a playoff win. It would be nice to see Alex catch Colin Kapernick in playoff wins this year!

We’ve got a top 3 RB, WR and TE in the AFC all playing around Alex. Any QB would LOVE that. Most QBs don’t have that. Most QBs don’t have the number one scoring defense in the conference since 2013 or a defense which has created the most turnovers since then either. Alex did. And Alex does. Hopefully ly he can help parlay these riches into a playoff run. Or heck a playoff win. It would be nice to see Alex catch Colin Kapernick in playoff wins this year!

I get that these players have talents independent of Smith and obviously are predicted to do better with Mahomes, but if you're going to say that Smith is doing well because of them, we can say he didn't do well because of the lack thereof before. I don't think that's true either.

Smith is doing well because of Smith and Mahomes will do better because of Mahomes. Don't get me wrong, it certainly helps for Smith to have these players at his disposal, but it's a give-and-take. Kelce has better production and so did Charles in the receiving game versus what they may with a different quarterback. Smith has been credited with being good at pre-snap reads that helps the running team.

No, I am not saying that Smith made Kelce (that would be ridiculous) but rather that Smith tends to favor tight ends more than receivers in those early years. Yes, he would still be as talented without Smith any quarterback would love to have him, but a different quarterback may have gone elsewhere. This year it seems like he has missed Kelce more because he's going for the wide receivers.

Luckily we didn't and we have all those superbowl wins, I mean super bowl appearances, I mean conference championship appearances, I mean oh forget it...

Archived