What kind of receiver should we be looking for to partner Tyreek?

I’m gonna try to make everyone happy...some think we are fine at WR, some don’t. I want a TE. Ever since Gronk/Hernandez happened I’ve been hoping for a compliment to Kelce. Jimmy Graham is a FA next season I might add...let our young guys prove themselves while giving defenses fits...and yes, I’d like to see more concentration on defense, but we are gonna get more than one player this offseason...so both can be addressed

man the thought of kelce and someone like Graham in the same offense....Whoa

We have 3 very good/elite weapons on offense. Adding a 4 doesn't make a lot of sense on a couple levels. Financially or as a priority. DB, pass rush and Oline are our top 3 needs in that order followed by ILB, DL, RB depth. I think signing a savy vet like Anquan Boldin was a few years back would make a lot of sense for us. It won't cost an arm and a leg or a draft pick. I like Robinson and Conley and with Mahomes style of play their skills will get maximized far better. Our big FA splash should be pass rusher, DB or LG not wr

We have 3 very good/elite weapons on offense. Adding a 4 doesn't make a lot of sense on a couple levels. Financially or as a priority. DB, pass rush and Oline are our top 3 needs in that order followed by ILB, DL, RB depth. I think signing a savy vet like Anquan Boldin was a few years back would make a lot of sense for us. It won't cost an arm and a leg or a draft pick. I like Robinson and Conley and with Mahomes style of play their skills will get maximized far better. Our big FA splash should be pass rusher, DB or LG not wr

We had those three elite weapons against the Giants, Pitt, Buffalo etc and what happened? Even in these last three games we've left loads of TD's on the field and our effectiveness in the redzone hasn't been great. Yes, the defense and Oline will need the most attention, but there is still no harm in bringing in another WR. Especially when we're likely to lose Wilson and DAT. 

those guys are usually first rounders.

I wouldn't even consider a WR in the draft. Waste of a pick IMO as we already have a very young group. I think we need a Boldin-type FA, probably someone like Crabtree if he hits the open market. Rather than working on a new guy Chiefs should simply use the leadership properties of the incoming guy. Maclin was very productive in that area as he spent a lot of time with guys like Conley, Wilson, etc and the benefits can easily be observed. 

Also Mahomes would benefit a lot from a veteran presence that fixes some of his flaws as veteran players are de-facto coaches in a lot of cases and can provide some experience in the modern NFL that most coaches lack.

We had those three elite weapons against the Giants, Pitt, Buffalo etc and what happened? Even in these last three games we've left loads of TD's on the field and our effectiveness in the redzone hasn't been great. Yes, the defense and Oline will need the most attention, but there is still no harm in bringing in another WR. Especially when we're likely to lose Wilson and DAT. 

Not trying to to dog on Alex but he missed a wide open Hill on a break because he was looking down.   We got screwed on Hills other amazing catch TD and he over threw Kelce on another.   QB still has a lot to do with our offensive efficiency.   Alex has played way better this year and you can see the results in our PPG and the offensive output overall but he still misses great opportunities to put games away because of errant throws and not keeping his eyes down the field.    Adding another high priced FA or top pick just doesn't give this team the bang for the buck like upgrading the Oline or upgrading our defense.   Mahomes (if he is the qb most think he is) will elevate this entire offense with his play making ability.      

Not trying to to dog on Alex but he missed a wide open Hill on a break because he was looking down.   We got screwed on Hills other amazing catch TD and he over threw Kelce on another.   QB still has a lot to do with our offensive efficiency.   Alex has played way better this year and you can see the results in our PPG and the offensive output overall but he still misses great opportunities to put games away because of errant throws and not keeping his eyes down the field.    Adding another high priced FA or top pick just doesn't give this team the bang for the buck like upgrading the Oline or upgrading our defense.   Mahomes (if he is the qb most think he is) will elevate this entire offense with his play making ability.      

We should have more than enough cap space to get a FA WR imo. Especially someone like Landry or Moncrief. The latter scored two TD's against us last season so I'm sure Reid knows all about him.

Teams already know our playmakers are Kelce, Hill and Hunt.They've known it for many, many weeks now. Worried about teams game planning to take out one of our guys? They do it now. And they all have over 1,000 yards. No way a team can shut down all three of those guys. Conley and Robinson can fill a nice role as a possession/4th offensive weapon type.

Our struggles this year have more to do with Oline issues and stopping the run on defense. I want the Chiefs to invest heavily into those areas. There is only so many draft picks and so much salary cap to go around. I say strengthen the weak links and then if there is anything left over look at fortifying our strengths.

What spots on the o-line are you guys all thinking are going to be invested in? Both our tackles and our RG are on substantial contracts with too much dead money attached to cut any one of them. Our center is a 2nd rounder who had 2 very good years before regression this season. We ALREADY HAVE invested heavily in our line.

Obviously we have needed a stud LG for years now, but outside that this line isn't likely to change much. I just don't see where this overhaul takes place that so many fans talk about hoping for.

We can always grab for better depth. Aside from that....LG as you mentioned. And frankly, I wouldn't be opposed to replacing Fisher. Chiefs made a huge mistake in picking him and then extending him for the money he got. He has never been better than average. Now will the Chiefs do that? Probably not...but a guy can dream.

If it turns out the Ravens come to Arrowhead for the wild card round I think we will see our Oline's shortcomings on full display. Hope I am wrong but that is a bad matchup for our Oline.

What spots on the o-line are you guys all thinking are going to be invested in? Both our tackles and our RG are on substantial contracts with too much dead money attached to cut any one of them. Our center is a 2nd rounder who had 2 very good years before regression this season. We ALREADY HAVE invested heavily in our line.

Obviously we have needed a stud LG for years now, but outside that this line isn't likely to change much. I just don't see where this overhaul takes place that so many fans talk about hoping for.

Not sure if Erving is considered as a starter somewhere on the line or simply a swing tackle but Chiefs definitely need to solidify LG. That's pretty much all the investment needed, the rest can be coached up.

Also Fulton is supposed to be a free agent after this season, don't know if they keep him but he could provide an interesting battle for OC with Morse but sure is a terrible OG.

Teams already know our playmakers are Kelce, Hill and Hunt.They've known it for many, many weeks now. Worried about teams game planning to take out one of our guys? They do it now. And they all have over 1,000 yards. No way a team can shut down all three of those guys. Conley and Robinson can fill a nice role as a possession/4th offensive weapon type.

Our struggles this year have more to do with Oline issues and stopping the run on defense. I want the Chiefs to invest heavily into those areas. There is only so many draft picks and so much salary cap to go around. I say strengthen the weak links and then if there is anything left over look at fortifying our strengths.

So what about potential injury? And the fact that even with those same playmakers we've failed to lay a glove on Pittsburg three games in a row? This is why I believe we need another weapon in our WR group. Are folks really suggesting that we can lose Wilson and Dat and not add anyone at all? That would be foolish imo.

Here's a good list of FAs to be at WR. Personally I want someone like Matthews who is flying way under the radar this year and can be had for cheap but the list is full of very good options and with sheer number of free agents there could be a bargain. We don't have to pay any WR for a couple years so there's some money to be spent at the position.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

I would probably keep Wilson with something like a 3-year 6 million deal as he could still make the leap and after adding a FA the group would be: Conley, Hill, Chesson, Robinson, Wilson, FA. I think that's a good WR corps for a young QB considering that 2 of his top 3 targets will be Kelce and Hunt.

Here's a good list of FAs to be at WR. Personally I want someone like Matthews who is flying way under the radar this year and can be had for cheap but the list is full of very good options and with sheer number of free agents there could be a bargain. We don't have to pay any WR for a couple years so there's some money to be spent at the position.

I would probably keep Wilson with something like a 3-year 6 million deal as he could still make the leap and after adding a FA the group would be: Conley, Hill, Chesson, Robinson, Wilson, FA. I think that's a good WR corps for a young QB considering that 2 of his top 3 targets will be Kelce and Hunt.

Yeah, Matthews is another good shout. He's experienced, tall, quick, has a record of getting close to a thousand yards in a season three years running, plus eight or so TDs. So he's very much a threat that would compliment Hill, Kelce and Hunt. And that's why I'm really big on this, because I believe by adding another weapon to our offense, it would really create a lot of problems for teams because they would have to decide who they want to try and double up on and that would potentially leave one or two of the others in one on one situations. And if Pat has those options, he's gonna tear some defenses up :D

Moncrief, Landry and Matthews are my favorite options on that list. 

L

There will be guys who are released too. Kevin White I think who could not stay healthy for the bears as an example. Would we take a look at him? I would for a good deal and see if he can get healthy and really do good for us.

Archived