So are the Chiefs next?

With Washington's "Redskins" trademark being revoked by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, because it disparages Native
Americans (give me a break), will teams like the Chiefs be in the PC crosshairs next? 

Probably only known here in KC is that the "Chiefs" were named after the KC mayor at the time of the relocation, and not after Native Americans.  However, the current symbol, and definitely the old one, do reflect Native American culture, as does the stadium name.

The whole thing is ridiculous, ludicrous, or whatever other negative adjective you want to use.

I guess in the eyes of PC Washington it is disparaging to Native Americans if use a slang term of their race as a team name.  But, it is perfectly fine to slaughter them, steal their land, and force the survivors onto wasteland reservations. ;)

I think the Indians will be next. The Chiefs and Braves aren't as bad because they aren't really controversial imo. This is ridiculas. I think it's a mistake denying our past and history. It all started when Ole Miss. had to get rid of their mascot "The Colonial." He was a CSA officer. However, at least they didn't change their name.

People need to get Much thicker skin and that goes for all the colors.  yellow, white, tan, Red, Black etc etc etc.

Just another example of the pussification of America.

Hey!  Wait a minute.  Pussies deserve some respect.  The feline lobby will jump all over that.  Of course, so might the ladies.

Who cares?  Its not as if there is a recent proud history surrounding the "Kansas City Chiefs".  They are on the short end of teams who have made an impact.  They haven't participated or won a SB since 1970.  44 years ago.  Fourty four.  44.  Older than my underwear times ,er, um.....well its been a long time.

The last playoff win?  1993.  Easy to remember for me - when my daughter was born, 21 years ago -- since grown.  Can get herself a drink soon.

Twenty one years since relevance -- 21.  That's the age we all grow up reaching for.  When we can party.  A lifetime for some of teenage life.  Some Chiefs' fans kids have never seen this team be good!

Call them the KC Losers.  Native Americans don't deserve to be insulted by association.

Archived