Hill is a gadget player

But but he's not as good as Antonio Brown.

How many receivers are as good as Antonio Brown. Be happy to compare 2nd year stats of Brown to Hill:

A Brown: 69 catches, 1,108 yds, 2 TD

T Hill:      75 catches, 1,183 yds, 7 TD (one game left)

I know you were saying that tongue in cheek. I'm throwing it out there for anyone who really holds to that position.

How many receivers are as good as Antonio Brown. Be happy to compare 2nd year stats of Brown to Hill:

T Hill: 75 catches, 1,183 yds, 7 TD (one game left)

I know you were saying that tongue in cheek. I'm throwing it out there for anyone who really holds to that position.

I mean he certainly needs to be consistent over time, but I think the talent is equal.

It’s all about longevity.

T Hill:      75 catches, 1,183 yds, 7 TD (one game left)

Antonio Brown was buried on a depth chart that included Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, and Heath Miller. In 2011, Mike Wallace had Tyreek Hill's 2017 role. What did Wallace do that year? 72 receptions for 1,193 yards and 8 touchdowns. Where is Mike Wallace now? That ought to be considered. The key here isn't what the players did what they were young, but what they became capable of or will become capable of in the future.

I think Tyreek Hill's a great player to have. I also think that while he is a tremendous athlete, he's still not quite sniffing Antonio Brown's tier just yet. All in good time....

Antonio Brown was buried on a depth chart that included Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, and Heath Miller. In 2011, Mike Wallace had Tyreek Hill's 2017 role. What did Wallace do that year? 72 receptions for 1,193 yards and 8 touchdowns. Where is Mike Wallace now? That ought to be considered. The key here isn't what the players did what they were young, but what they became capable of or will become capable of in the future.

I think Tyreek Hill's a great player to have. I also think that while he is a tremendous athlete, he's still not quite sniffing Antonio Brown's tier just yet. All in good time....

I’d go

1. Hopkins

2. Brown

3. Jones

4. Hill

No Green or Beckham? Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant? There's a lot of proficient route runners that are also top-tier athletes being ignored here.

Injuries have caught up to Dez who’s averaging a career low 12 YPC and hasn’t been over 1,000 yards since 2014.

Green and Allen aren’t nearly as fast as Tyreek but both use size and route running to belong in any top WR conversation below Hopkins and Brown. Beckham is a freak of nature talent but such a massive headcase I’m not sure where to put him plus he suffered a major injury . Thomas is a nice big bodied WR but he’s not even at 12 YPC and has inflated Drew Brees led stats. I’d rsther have Mike Evans. Bottom line is Thomas isn’t special. And special is exactly how Alex Smith describes Tyreek.

Injuries have caught up to Dez who’s averaging a career low 12 YPC and hasn’t been over 1,000 yards since 2014.

Green and Allen aren’t nearly as fast as Tyreek but both use size and route running to belong in any top WR conversation below Hopkins and Brown. Beckham is a freak of nature talent but such a massive headcase I’m not sure where to put him plus he suffered a major injury . Thomas is a nice big bodied WR but he’s not even at 12 YPC and has inflated Drew Brees led stats. I’d rsther have Mike Evans. Bottom line is Thomas isn’t special. And special is exactly how Alex Smith describes Tyreek.

You wouldn’t put a healthy OBJ above Tyreek Hill? That’s nuts!

You wouldn’t put a healthy OBJ above Tyreek Hill? That’s nuts!

Well he is hurt and he does have some real issues his team has to do deal with. Plus he seems to be regressing.

But if you look at Beckhams 2016 vs Tyreeks 2017.. Tyreek has a clearly higher YPC and catch %. Odell has 180 more yards in 16 games vs 15 games for Tyreek, but he was targeted a whopping 64 more times.  

Again I won't make any big argument with you here. I just think that kid is wild card at this point thats trending the wrong way. If he's focused I'd probably rank him third. He doesn't deserve that at this point. 

Well he is hurt and he does have some real issues his team has to do deal with. Plus he seems to be regressing.

But if you look at Beckhams 2016 vs Tyreeks 2017.. Tyreek has a clearly higher YPC and catch %. Odell has 180 more yards in 16 games vs 15 games for Tyreek, but he was targeted a whopping 64 more times.  

Again I won't make any big argument with you here. I just think that kid is wild card at this point thats trending the wrong way. If he's focused I'd probably rank him third. He doesn't deserve that at this point. 

Attitude issues aside, Hill isn't in Beckham's stratosphere, and mere efficiency numbers are hardly a go-to figure for receiver evaluations beyond fantasy football projections.

Robinson's so good Smith can't work with him? No depth receiver Smith struggled to connect with made it anywhere in the NFL.

Weird that mahomes made him look like a superstar in their only significant playing time together.

I'll save you time on your rebuttal:

blah blah blah small sample size blah blah preseason blah blah alex smith has a huge cock blah blah blah

Weird that mahomes made him look like a superstar in their only significant playing time together.

I'll save you time on your rebuttal:

blah blah blah small sample size blah blah preseason blah blah alex smith has a huge cock blah blah blah

LOL

Robinson's so good Smith can't work with him? No depth receiver Smith struggled to connect with made it anywhere in the NFL.

I promise you that is more a testament to Smiths eyes than his depth receivers abilities. ????

Smith hasn't struggled to connect with Robinson, he doesn't trust him. Instead he trusts two other role players that struggle to catch the ball consistently.

I promise you that is more a testament to Smiths eyes than his depth receivers abilities. ????

Smith hasn't struggled to connect with Robinson, he doesn't trust him. Instead he trusts two other role players that struggle to catch the ball consistently.

The other two role players apparently are where Smith thinks they are on the field and that's more important to Smith. Robinson is better at improv and scramble drills (Smith got him a few times) which is not a bad thing to be good at. If Robinson gets better at route running and can scramble, he could be something. Trust isn't with the hands but rather the feet. Smith has improv'd with others before.

The other two role players apparently are where Smith thinks they are on the field and that's more important to Smith. Robinson is better at improv and scramble drills (Smith got him a few times) which is not a bad thing to be good at. If Robinson gets better as route running and can scramble, he could be something. Trust isn't with the hands but rather the feet. Smith has improv'd with others before.

You're right, that is more important to Smith due to his limited ability to improvise. With his eyes downfield he's better about this and yet still has limited vision. Robinson is every bit the route runner as the rest of our receivers, it's just he's not on the "read list" as soon as the guys he trusts. Wilson has done plenty of "wrong turns" during his time in KC.

Archived