Why so down on the oline?

I constantly read all these threads about needs and it is always brought up that we need oline help. What am I missing here? We have a 1000 yard rusher...so the run oline seems to be working...we have a 4000 yard qb, a 1000 yard receiver, and a 1000 yard WR, so the oline seems to be working on the pass. Chiefs have the #3 offense in the AFC in total yards...you can’t do that without a decent offensive line. And just think, doing all that without Morse and Ehinger. They are right in the middle of the league in sacks given up. Yes, they make stupid penalty mistakes sometimes, but everyone here acts like that doesn’t happen to every team. I think the people here have an unrealistic expectancy for this team when it comes to the oline.

I constantly read all these threads about needs and it is always brought up that we need oline help. What am I missing here? We have a 1000 yard rusher...so the run oline seems to be working...we have a 4000 yard qb, a 1000 yard receiver, and a 1000 yard WR, so the oline seems to be working on the pass. Chiefs have the #3 offense in the AFC in total yards...you can’t do that without a decent offensive line. And just think, doing all that without Morse and Ehinger. They are right in the middle of the league in sacks given up. Yes, they make stupid penalty mistakes sometimes, but everyone here acts like that doesn’t happen to every team. I think the people here have an unrealistic expectancy for this team when it comes to the oline.

Realistically, somehow shoring up LG would make this line better than average. If that's Ehinger, great. If it's a swap of Morse/Fulton, fine. Id like to see a legit young vet or a blue-chip draft prospect personally. Easier said than done though...

We think the Chiefs' offensive line is horrible because we've watched the Steelers' offensive line dominate the Chiefs' defense three times in the past sixteen calendar months, and we've never once thought that the Chiefs' offensive line was anything like that of the Steelers.

It's hard to sustain drives, and therefore hard to win consistently, when your offensive line gives up catastrophically bad quick pressures against five-on-four blocking.

We think the Chiefs' offensive line is horrible because we've watched the Steelers' offensive line dominate the Chiefs' defense three times in the past sixteen calendar months, and we've never once thought that the Chiefs' offensive line was anything like that of the Steelers.

It's hard to sustain drives, and therefore hard to win consistently, when your offensive line gives up catastrophically bad quick pressures against five-on-four blocking.

But they haven't done that since the Buffalo game 5 weeks ago. Pass protection has improved only because the running game has improved thus taking pressure of Smith and the passing game. I'm not worried about our O-Line against teams like NE as they have no standouts on their defense. I'm rather more worried about our pass rush if anything. No edge rusher opposite a once elite Houston...

It's all tied into predictable play calling. It's hard to do anything in this league against any team if they have a bead on what you are trying to do.. every team in the league wants an o line that can say they know we are gunna run it on 3rd and short, but they can't stop us.. not that easy tho. kinda like true franchise qbs they don't grow on trees..

It's all tied into predictable play calling. It's hard to do anything in this league against any team if they have a bead on what you are trying to do.. every team in the league wants an o line that can say they know we are gunna run it on 3rd and short, but they can't stop us.. not that easy tho. kinda like true franchise qbs they don't grow on trees..

Listen to the interview I posted

Although it looked from the Arrowhead stands like Fisher struggled a bit yesterday, weve got solid healthy tackles and been much better in the interior lind for over a month. In short since simplifying scheme we’ve gone from below average to above average.

When you have a solid but second tier type QB he’s not good enough to overcome weaknesses almost anywhere. Right now we really don’t have any glaring weaknesses so there’s hope.

After the deep ball has been added to the mix the OL got significantly better as they are not facing as much of a crowd.

The good thing about Wilson's drop today was that the fact that he dropped it didn't change what defenses have to cover. We're not going to be deep pass happy with Smith, but we've had good efficiency there. We lead the league in deep yards and regardless of how it gets there, I don't think anyone anticipated that. And these passes aren't all YAC.

The good thing about Wilson's drop today was that the fact that he dropped it didn't change what defenses have to cover.we're not going to be the pass happy with this mess, but we've had good efficiency there. We lead the league in deep yards and regardless of how it gets there, I don't think anyone anticipated that. And these passes aren't all YAC.

And the YAC got a lot better as it's tougher to tackle in the open field which we haven't been gaining advantage of over years. Better air time and better YAC just boosted the entire team. 

And the YAC got a lot better as it's tougher to tackle in the open field which we haven't been gaining advantage of over years. Better air time and better YAC just boosted the entire team. 

Better receiving talent and better blocking led to better-developed plays that created more open field to run through.

Interconnected.

Tyreek Hill is the key to the whole thing. Nobody can cover him one on one and finally Andy has gotten through to Alex when he does get any single team press coverage the ball needs to go there. Likewise because they have to focus on rolling safety help that way it opens up the field for Wilson in particuliar. Doesn’t hurt that Kelce is elite or that Kareem Hunt is so good when he gets to the second level. We’ve are just really dynamic at our skill positions. But Tyreek is an absolute star right now.

I was at the game and it sure look like he caught that one TD they ruled incomplete?

Archived