Next Week Rest all the Stars.......

High in Denver will be 36. No need to lose a star to a muscle pull or worse. No need to even play one quarter. Been practicing and playing since July.  REST EVERYONE. 

What say you? 

Try out Mahomes with the One-and-a-Halfs against the Ones.

Unfortunately, roster limits prevent the Chiefs from literally resting everyone. But there's no need to play Smith, Kelce, Hill, Hunt, or a few guys on defense.

Unfortunately, roster limits prevent the Chiefs from literally resting everyone. But there's no need to play Smith, Kelce, Hill, Hunt, or a few guys on defense.

This is the same guy who thought Joe Flacco followed Trent Dilfer. Not smart but definitely funny

Unfortunately, roster limits prevent the Chiefs from literally resting everyone. But there's no need to play Smith, Kelce, Hill, Hunt, or a few guys on defense.

Didn't they rest all but one starter(a terrible safety if I remember correctly) against SD a few years ago, and he was on his way out? I'm not sure I'd want Mahomes starting behind their backup OL against a good defense.

Never liked the idea of not playing players. Rust develops too easily. Play to keep the rhythm.

In 2015, people complained that Maclin was lost to the Chiefs for the post-season because the Chiefs had to play in week 18. This is an area where you can't please everyone, but if I had to pick the danger here, there's hardly a luster on the Chiefs to rust off, but there's a whole lot to lose if one of a number of starters go out next week.

I'm also not keen on the Broncos' recent history of headhunting quarterbacks.

A little rust is better than physically tired and sore or out with a hamstring pull or worse in very cold weather in Denver.

Energy will defeat any little bit of rust. Its not like they wont practice for two weeks. Just avoid a meaningless game.

The last time this team had a "break", they came back and totally collapsed. I too would rather keep that winning feeling going but then again would it hurt us to have a mixed team of new guys and a few starters? We'll see. If Andy does decide to rest several starters then I guess we should be seeing Mahomes, Eligwe, Kpass, Chesson, Mcquay, Charles, Ehinger, Erving, Devey, Nunez etc all play. Might not lead to a win but it would be exciting to see some of these young talents tbh.

Start em for a half then pull em

A half or a quarter.... this prevents the build up of rust & protects key starters. I’d rest Houston & let K-Pass take his spot after a quarter. I’d rest Kelce, Hill, and Hunt after the 1st quarter.

Does anyone remember the New England playoff game 2 years ago we lost where we were playing without a healthy Maclin, Ware, Charles, or Houston?

A half or a quarter.... this prevents the build up of rust & protects key starters. I’d rest Houston & let K-Pass take his spot after a quarter. I’d rest Kelce, Hill, and Hunt after the 1st quarter.

Does anyone remember the New England playoff game 2 years ago we lost where we were playing without a healthy Maclin, Ware, Charles, or Houston?

Yeah also without Morse and LDT. Still almost beat them at Foxborough.

I think it should be approached like a preseason game. Anyone who's banged up should rest and take the extra week to heal.  Healthy starters and key backups should play a couple series.  Get the young guys some game experience.

KC still has a shot at the #3 seed, but I don't think that's worth risking a key injury.

I think it should be approached like a preseason game. Anyone who's banged up should rest and take the extra week to heal.  Healthy starters and key backups should play a couple series.  Get the young guys some game experience.

KC still has a shot at the #3 seed, but I don't think that's worth risking a key injury.

The Chiefs seed behind the Jaguars due to the conference wins tiebreaker. They're locked in at the four-seed.

Andy sat 20 of 22 starters in this exact spot in 2013. Plus Alex Smith said he thinks a week off is a gigantic plus this time of the year while the Ravens have to grind out another win. Todd Haley did the opposite in 2010 and played all the starters for a half against a physical Raiders team. End result was we took a beat up team into postseason and got waxed by Baltimore.

On the other hand sending a rookie QB in with a team of backups against an elite defense doesn’t sound great either.

Andy sat 20 of 22 starters in this exact spot in 2013. Plus Alex Smith said he thinks a week off is a gigantic plus this time of the year while the Ravens have to grind out another win. Todd Haley did the opposite in 2010 and played all the starters for a half against a physical Raiders team. End result was we took a beat up team into postseason and got waxed by Baltimore.

On the other hand sending a rookie QB in with a team of backups against an elite defense doesn’t sound great either.

You make some good points. If Alex says it helps then we should take his word. Regarding Denver’s D, they’re not elite, Mahomes would be fine against them.

I would get Mahomes, Kpass and Robinson a ton of reps. Rest Hunt, Hill, Kelce and Smith.

Houston and Ragland I would limit. I would see how the Sausage does as a pound the ball back and get Akeem more snaps. Get Elgwe 90% of the defensive snaps.

Basically rest the studs and play the youngsters as much as you can. We don’t know who will have to step up do to injury.

I would get Mahomes, Kpass and Robinson a ton of reps. Rest Hunt, Hill, Kelce and Smith.

Houston and Ragland I would limit. I would see how the Sausage does as a pound the ball back and get Akeem more snaps. Get Elgwe 90% of the defensive snaps.

Basically rest the studs and play the youngsters as much as you can. We don’t know who will have to step up do to injury.

There's no way Houston should be out there. If he isn't 110% the following week, an already stressed Chiefs' defense will be worthless.

We also lost in 2013 against the Colts after resting everybody.

Rest them and allow them to prepare for the Ravens treating it like a bye week. Then play the youngsters and see what we have for depth or where we need to go after for resigning our own or what is needed for FA/draft. This will help the redevelopment lot of Mahomes to get his first start out of the way and see what he has learned too.

Archived