Next Week Rest all the Stars.......

I would get Mahomes, Kpass and Robinson a ton of reps. Rest Hunt, Hill, Kelce and Smith.

Houston and Ragland I would limit. I would see how the Sausage does as a pound the ball back and get Akeem more snaps. Get Elgwe 90% of the defensive snaps.

Basically rest the studs and play the youngsters as much as you can. We don’t know who will have to step up do to injury.

I agree with your post completely. I might give the studs 1 or 2 series then pull em.

Yank any OL with nagging jnufies.

Anyone relying on past playoff history as justification for sitting or starting the 1's against Denver needs to look at our history a little closer. Then you realize we've done it both ways and still lost most of our playoff appearances. I don't think there is a wrong answer here.

I agree with an earlier post...anyone nursing even a minor injury should sit. Starters play a couple of series and let the backups finish. Injuries are a part of the game. How many guys did we lose in that Indianapolis playoff game a few years back? If it's gonna happen it's gonna happen.

New England doesn’t seem to lose momentum when they have a bye week. They get healthy hang it on people.

They have Tom Brady and we have nothing remotely close. An Alex Smith team needs every phase to play well or we likely lose playoff games. Tom can overcome nearly anything and elevate his team to victory in more games than not.

Just saying, teams usually don’t lose anything by having a bye week. Most, including the Chiefs, are statistically better after one. Although this is not a true bye, we have more to fear from injury than from getting rusty. Been a long season, I think we should take advantage of what we have earned. An injury to Hunt, Kelce, Hill or Smith would be huge.

Just saying, teams usually don’t lose anything by having a bye week. Most, including the Chiefs, are statistically better after one. Although this is not a true bye, we have more to fear from injury than from getting rusty. Been a long season, I think we should take advantage of what we have earned. An injury to Hunt, Kelce, Hill or Smith would be huge.

I agree with this 100%. I don't see any reason why they should risk injuries to their starters and (hopefully) their future with Mahomes for a meaningless game. Personally I don't care if they win this game of not. I'm more concerned with the week after.

They have Tom Brady and we have nothing remotely close. An Alex Smith team needs every phase to play well or we likely lose playoff games. Tom can overcome nearly anything and elevate his team to victory in more games than not.

Next year, the NFL Competition Committee is going to consider a proposal from fans to reduce roster sizes to 1. Each team will have only a starting quarterback. Then we'll find out who the best quarterback is when they don't have a team.

But that wasn't an issue with rust. That was an issue with in-game injuries. It's hard to use that example to substantiate not resting players in week 17.

This.

I think the Brandon Flowers injury was the underrated one.  We only needed one single stop, and IIRC, we didn't stop them a single time after he went out.

Next year, the NFL Competition Committee is going to consider a proposal from fans to reduce roster sizes to 1. Each team will have only a starting quarterback. Then we'll find out who the best quarterback is when they don't have a team.

Actually they need to get rid of roster limits all together and thus no need for an IR either.

Actually they need to get rid of roster limits all together and thus no need for an IR either.

Don’t roster limits protect competitive balance? Without roster limits there’d be no practice squad and we wouldn’t have Butker. I’m good with the 53 limit. It keeps teams from burying and hiding talented guys.

Don’t roster limits protect competitive balance? Without roster limits there’d be no practice squad and we wouldn’t have Butker. I’m good with the 53 limit. It keeps teams from burying and hiding talented guys.

I understand your point but doesn’t the salary cap itself protect integrity of rosters? I’m not understanding the point of the IR system. Or it makes no sense to me why there needs to be inactive players.

I understand your point but doesn’t the salary cap itself protect integrity of rosters? I’m not understanding the point of the IR system. Or it makes no sense to me why there needs to be inactive players.

I think what you’re proposing is to do away with the game day dressing limits and allowing all 53 to dress.

Chiefs next year are a good example. With Mahomes being on a rookie contract we could conceivably sign and bury young talented guys just to keep them from division rivals. I think we need roster limits.

We also lost in 2013 against the Colts after resting everybody.

Valid point however we were much more competitive in Indy and seemed to have an energy bounce that was derailed by some unfortunate in game injuries. We were flat and looked physically beat up in that Ravens game. Every situation really dictates it’s own approach.

I think what you’re proposing is to do away with the game day dressing limits and allowing all 53 to dress.

Chiefs next year are a good example. With Mahomes being on a rookie contract we could conceivably sign and bury young talented guys just to keep them from division rivals. I think we need roster limits.

No doubt this used to be especially prevolant in college football before scholarship limits were applied. The OUs and Alabama’s would bury 4 star players deep on their roster just to keep the smaller schools from making any headway. I just think with a salary cap and minimum contract size that its different. Either way I think we need to see expanddd rosters

What I like about starting Mahomes is he gets to game plan and get the experience of going into a game as the man. It could help get a jump on next year and help him if Smith gets hurt in the playoffs. Smith has been taking some monster hits. You never know when that will catch up with him.

What I like about starting Mahomes is he gets to game plan and get the experience of going into a game as the man. It could help get a jump on next year and help him if Smith gets hurt in the playoffs. Smith has been taking some monster hits. You never know when that will catch up with him.

I look at the potential injury from a cheap shot Broncos team and potential fill-in duties in the playoffs if Smith gets hurt more than Mahomes jump start. But we can accomplish all three in one move without sacrificing playoff seeding.

If rust is real, and it has not been proven to be real, I would put continuity and smoothness over the jumpstart value. It should be about this year not next year. But if rest is not an issue, being healthy is obviously more important then continuity.

Archived