Charles is asking to be release

Not sure if Denver will oblige but if he cleared waivers would anyone be opposed to signing him? Not sure what he has in the tank but I know he has familiarity with our offense and would be better than Akeem

Hunt as our 3rd down back and KR. I'm not saying we should just saw his request on espn.

No. He put the Chiefs in a bad position years ago by holding out. Then he refused to negotiate with the Chiefs and went to a division rival. Now he wants to take up a roster spot on a championship-winning team. He doesn't deserve it. He finishes his career without a ring, and that's what he gets.

Jamaal was one of my favorite players to watch, but his off-the-field comments have really soured me on him---saying it was always a dream to be in Denver, now this.  Plus, it's not like we ever won anything with him, and he outright cost us games at times (like Denver in 2015).

Also, before the season I said I suspected that he was toast physically, and it looks like I was correct on that.

I don't have a problem with him retiring as a Chief, but he is irrelevant to the entire NFL otherwise.

If he could help us more than whatever player is released, I'd welcome the signing, however, I wouldn't sign them on a tiebreaker because of where he is that in his career and the way he spoke after he left. How someone responds goes a long way for me.

I like how Smith was not like Brady Quinn when Kaepernick took over. I like that Mahomes wasn't vocal during our losing streak. I didn't like how it Fitzpatrick and Hoyer were cocky when they succeeded (though I did like Fitzpatrick's games against the Bills because of the phone call that was leaked) and how Ossweiller acted like he had made it when he beat New England after replacing Manning or Cousins' "you like that?" Heck, I didn't even really like Smith's celebration after the San Diego come back. Whenever someone does after winning the Super Bowl, I never criticize. Even Gronkowski after his loss was his way of coping in my opinion.

It's not like I don't like personality or personal expression. I just think it reflects something else sometimes. Charles could've played it PC and been better off, in my opinion.

He signed with them for a mill. If he signs with us for 800k, I would take him. He is better than Akeem or West. If we can get West back healthy and a young stud to groom, I would do that. If not, he is worth a look. Good receiver and pass blocker plus he can take a few carries.

He signed with them for a mill. If he signs with us for 800k, I would take him. He is better than Akeem or West. If we can get West back healthy and a young stud to groom, I would do that. If not, he is worth a look. Good receiver and pass blocker plus he can take a few carries.

Are you talking about next year? Or are you talking about a prorated amount for one game + playoffs? The reason why I ask is because he is asking for his release because I believe he's a free agent this year so he wouldn't have to be released. But to join a team for the playoffs, he would have to be released.

Are you talking about next year? Or are you talking about a prorated amount for one game + playoffs? The reason why I ask is because he is asking for his release because I believe he's a free agent this year so he wouldn't have to be released. But to join a team for the playoffs, he would have to be released.

Good point. I was thinking of a cheap asset to the back field next year if Ware isn’t the same guy.

You are talking about this year? Hell yes! In a heartbeat. We have nothing behind Hunt. Nothing. I would cut Akeem and sign Charles in a minute. That is a no brainer. Wher do I sign. Chesson is a better return man than Akeem anyway.

What’s Akeem Hunts status anyway?

Not sure. He broke a couple good ones that got taken away by penalties, but most he would have been better taking it at the 25. He isn’t bad. Doesn’t fumble. I think Chesson could refresh that position. Akeem in running ability but not as good a blocker or receiver in my uneducated opinion.

Not sure. He broke a couple good ones that got taken away by penalties, but most he would have been better taking it at the 25. He isn’t bad. Doesn’t fumble. I think Chesson could refresh that position. Akeem in running ability but not as good a blocker or receiver in my uneducated opinion.

Didn’t he get hurt?

I'm really not that interested personally.   The article which I can't find to link stated he wanted to play on a playoff team which is why he was asking for his release.  I wouldn't be opposed because of his familiarity with the offense as a playoff signing but I also wouldn't be opposed to just passing.  

It’d be funny if Denver gave him his wish, the chiefs signed him and let him play in Denver to give Hunt the day off, then released him immediately following the game. It’d be justice for a player feeling entitled to weasling his way into a playoff roster when the team he played on finished last in the division.

No. He put the Chiefs in a bad position years ago by holding out. Then he refused to negotiate with the Chiefs and went to a division rival. Now he wants to take up a roster spot on a championship-winning team. He doesn't deserve it. He finishes his career without a ring, and that's what he gets.

I remember it was said that he would've taken a pay cut if asked to do so, but it was never offered and then he was released. 

If we have a need at RB I wouldn't mind getting Charles as he knows the environment and the people around here and it's tough to find a decent option at this time of the year. However I don't think there's any need at the position which renders the signing useless.

Archived