Mahomes Starting Sunday

Reid just announced that Mahomes will start this week.

I had planned on doing a "Best 16" of Mahomes next year. But doing it game by game, so in the 2018 season, a game could bump down a game from the list.

We could naturally say in Week 6 that we had a Top 5 of Mahomes and Week 9, say we have a Top 8. Now, we can say, likely, that 2018 Week One is better than 2017 Week 17.

I'm going to predict that this week will be his top game of his career so far. ;)

I'm pretty pumped to watch Mahomes gets some reps before the playoffs. Who else will sit?

Who knows. The news of Mahomes starting has just clouded everything else at the moment.

Not sure why it hasn’t been reported who else isn’t playinv, it’s kinda a huge deal, bigger than the obvious start for Mahomes

I don't think the media asked about the supporting cast so we won't know until the game but I'm guessing guys like Hunt and Kelce sit out at least most of the game. Finally we get to watch Mahomes in the NFL, the least important game of the season just got way too exciting  :D

This is a mistake in my opinion. Alex should get at least the first couple of series in this game. I think this is setting us up for another “.......Nevermind, why say it? We all know what’s likely coming.

There's just no point. Likewise for our Pro Bowl skill position players who should all rest. Mahomes will get plenty of time with the legit players soon enough and Alex needs to start focusing on Baltimore right now. Our starters get to rest while theirs have to grind out a late start and hopefully come here on a short week to boot. Use our advantage!

There's just no point. Likewise for our Pro Bowl skill position players who should all rest. Mahomes will get plenty of time with the legit players soon enough and Alex needs to start focusing on Baltimore right now. Our starters get to rest while theirs have to grind out a late start and hopefully come here on a short week to boot. Use our advantage!

Completely agree. There was no rust in Indi when the starter sat out against SD.

Plus if Smith looks rusty to start the Baltimore game, you can bring Mahomes in right away.

Plus if Smith looks rusty to start the Baltimore game, you can bring Mahomes in right away.

I’d give Alex at two possessions before I made switch though. And them make him holder for FGs and extra points so we can fake one if necessary.

I’d give Alex at least two possessions before I made switch though.

No, here's what you do. Put Smith in the first possession and run three straight times straight into the brick wall. Then you run twice getting holding penalties at least once each down. Then, when he doesn't complete a 3rd and 30. The next possession, run again on first down, have Hill throw an INT on second down. The next possession, send Smith out as receiver, wildcat, and then Kelce INT. Then, put in Mahomes after blaming Smith. ;)

No, here's what you do. Put Smith in the first possession and run three straight times straight into the brick wall. Then you run twice getting holding penalties at least once each down. Then, when he doesn't complete a 3rd and 30. The next possession, run again on first down, have Hill throw an INT on second down. The next possession, send Smith out as receiver, wildcat, and then Kelce INT. Then, put in Mahomes after blaming Smith. ;)

In all seriousness I’d never let Tyreek throw again after that debacle. I’m on board at some point with Kelce throwing again. He’s got a legit arm. I’ll bet there is actually a pass to Alex somewhere in Andy’s 1000 page playbook.

Archived