Mahomes Starting Sunday

In all seriousness I’d never let Tyreek throw again after that debacle. I’m on board at some point with Kelce throwing again. He’s got a legit arm. I’ll bet there is actually a pass to Alex somewhere in Andy’s 1000 page playbook.

There was a play where Smith and Kaepernick were switching between each other and when Smith went into the game, the Jets assumed that Kaepernick was coming out. Kaepernick stopped before the sideline and lined up and the Jets called timeout right before the snap. But that would've been cool because no one was covering at all.

Yeah bad move in my view, if he stinks it up or gets injured you've just messed up his whole mental and he may never be the same again and therefore ruined a 1st rd pick

Plenty of Qb stunk it up their first game. Alex Smith, Aikman, Peyton Manning, Elway, Luck, Tarkenton etc. They all seemed to have good careers after their first start and the stats they put up their first game.

Plenty of Qb stunk it up their first game. Alex Smith, Aikman, Peyton Manning, Elway, Luck, Tarkenton etc. They all seemed to have good careers after their first start and the stats they put up their first game.

IThis is a valuable tool to get him experience agsidnt a good defense likely surrounded by backups. That’s almost guaranteeing a hard time. But I’m not concerned about his psyche nor do I think they will use this game as some big tryout for next season. It’s all for Mahomes benefit.

Now what I am concerned about is a backup oline which allows their defense to tee off and potentially hurt him.

IThis is a valuable tool to get him experience agsidnt a good defense likely surrounded by backups. That’s almost guaranteeing a hard time. But I’m not concerned about his psyche nor do I think they will use this game as some big tryout for next season. It’s all for Mahomes benefit.

Now what I am concerned about is a backup oline which allows their defense to tee off and potentially hurt him.

Do we give him 2 or 3 quarters? The whole game? Is there a point in which we pull him for safety sake like we've sat Smith this game? Or are we giving him a game's experience?

Do we give him 2 or 3 quarters? The whole game? Is there a point in which we pull him for safety sake like we've sat Smith this game? Or are we giving him a game's experience?

He should go the entire way without any question. Just gotta hope those backups have some ability to pass protect or that we can run ball a little without Hunt. But you know Von Miller has to be licking his chops after getting shut out by Mitchell Schwartz at Arrowhead.

He should go the entire way without any question. Just gotta hope those backups have some ability to pass protect or that we can run ball a little without Hunt. But you know Von Miller has to be licking his chops after getting shut out by Mitchell Schwartz at Arrowhead.

I think they give Bray a quarter or a little more to help him out at FA or the with the decision to keep him further. 

If Alex has another crappy first half like he did in last years playoff game against the Steelers we will all be happy that Mahomes got some playing time in a regular season game because I have no doubt that Reid won’t hesitate to sit his ass and put Mahomes in at halftime.

Archived