Do yall think a bidding war will start for Alex?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no competition. The Chiefs need a back up, but Mahomes is the guy unless he's injured. Denver, for example, has competition. The Chiefs at this point, do not. Mahomes isn't perfect or experienced, but the Chiefs have too much invested to not give him the job from the get go.

That's probably what the Seahawks thought when they drafted Wilson in the 3rd round to compete against Matt Flynn and his 20 million which 9 million was guaranteed.

I think Mahommes is going to be very good but lets slow down on fitting him into his gold jacket.

That's probably what the Seahawks thought when they drafted Wilson in the 3rd round to compete against Matt Flynn and his 20 million which 9 million was guaranteed.

I think Mahommes is going to be very good but lets slow down on fitting him into his gold jacket.

That’s a little different

I think Jax is an ideal fit for Alex, they have a great running game and a strong defense. Going from Bortles to an effective game manager who doesn't turn the ball over like Alex could take them to a SB realistically. Plus a warm climate fits him well.

I could see Cleveland trading for him as well to gets fans in the stadium again. Probably gets them to 8 wins overnight. Meanwhile they can draft a qb in the first and bench him a year or two because it's looking like a weak qb class this year. Take the pressure off of the rookie to save a cursed franchise and not mentally and physically break him the first year. Plus they have a plethora of picks.

I'd trade him to Denver as well division rival or not, we know every strength and weakness Smith has and can sit in zone all day.

Arizona would be viable with him at QB as well. Arian retiring means they don't need a deep ball thrower any longer and a vet could keep Fitz around another year or two.

Giants could do the same approach as I said for Cleveland, but I don't think he'd thrive in the cold, wind, or media pressure so doubtful.

Ultimately, I can see Andy keep him another year too if he doesn't feel PM is comfortable playing outside of the shotgun. Reid is loyal to a fault, wouldn't surprise me a bit. Especially if he gets to a SB. Would like the cap space and to turn the page personally, but the fact is his contract is doable for a QB.

Exciting times ahead

I don't think you bring in competition for Mahomes necessarily, but you definitely draft a guy to compete for the backup position who could maybe be a legit starter if disaster happens to Mahomes (injury, development, etc.).  Like everyone questioned why Washington would draft Cousins the same year they drafted RGIII, but it turned out to be pretty savvy.

I think Jax is an ideal fit for Alex, they have a great running game and a strong defense. Going from Bortles to an effective game manager who doesn't turn the ball over like Alex could take them to a SB realistically. Plus a warm climate fits him well.

I could see Cleveland trading for him as well to gets fans in the stadium again. Probably gets them to 8 wins overnight. Meanwhile they can draft a qb in the first and bench him a year or two because it's looking like a weak qb class this year. Take the pressure off of the rookie to save a cursed franchise and not mentally and physically break him the first year. Plus they have a plethora of picks.

I'd trade him to Denver as well division rival or not, we know every strength and weakness Smith has and can sit in zone all day.

Arizona would be viable with him at QB as well. Arian retiring means they don't need a deep ball thrower any longer and a vet could keep Fitz around another year or two.

Giants could do the same approach as I said for Cleveland, but I don't think he'd thrive in the cold, wind, or media pressure so doubtful.

Ultimately, I can see Andy keep him another year too if he doesn't feel PM is comfortable playing outside of the shotgun. Reid is loyal to a fault, wouldn't surprise me a bit. Especially if he gets to a SB. Would like the cap space and to turn the page personally, but the fact is his contract is doable for a QB.

Exciting times ahead

Good take and I highly doubt Andy would keep Alex in this scenario but a playoff run can do wonders for a QBs stock both within and outside organization. I think selling high makes the most sense and is extremely likely though. Either way Alex can do nothing but help himself by leading this team on a run. I personally don’t think in any scenario he’s playing under his current contract next season.

Some organization that gets close to the playoffs but cannot get in is the ideal place. They would be willing to give up a 2nd which will be a mid pick and Smith will be in an environment where he can have major contribution which will help his stock.

I'm no Capologist but I dont see keeping Houston & Smith without one or both renegotiating a big  pay cut and no not restructuring to kick the can down the road. I'd bet on the Chiefs bringing in a Vet just to tutor  Mahomes a bit and be a competent back up. Bray is gone IMO he provides nothing. Alex never had true competition at QB nor did Green. I'm all for it but we need competition at too many other positions. This is uncharted territory for us fans.. gonna have to trust Andy  on this one

I think you are the one exaggerating all our thoughts on Mahomes (not Mahommes), we just know he is ready to start in the NFL next year and get his chance, he proved it going against Denver's 1's with our backups and with his play.  He deserves his chance and we don't know how good he will be but he deserves to play next year and for us to use Alex's $20 million or whatever it is in other positions of need which might be even more important.

I personally think the Jets are the best fit here. Alex seems like a great fit for a team with a good D who wants to win some games and potentially groom a younger guy.

If I were Arizona and a new coach coming in, I would more likely go after a younger guy that my team could grow with who I can build around long term like Bridgewater if he checks out medically (which he has thus far).

So a lot of media folks are speculating about where Alex will end up. The names being thrown about are....

1. Browns

2. Bills

3. Jaggs

4. Zona

5. Skins

6. Denver

7. Jets

I know one particular poster here has claimed that teams will "wait for him to be released", but that's simply not an option now because too many teams need a QB and will not be able to wait it out because of the risk of losing him to another team. Watching the Bills and Jaggs the other day, man it would be criminal if BOTH of those sides don't take a shot at Alex, I mean seriously :D . I honestly think we're in a great position to get two picks out of Alex. With the Browns it all depends on whether they trust Darnold/Rosen to play straight away. If not, then I can see them coming for Alex. The skins it all depends on Cousins, if he goes then they are bound to be interested. Those are the only two sides I'm uncertain on, but the others? I have no doubt they will all come scrambling for Alex, so let the bidding begin.

It's rare a upper tier starting QB is available for trade. I think we will get a good return for Alex as it seems there's not an overall positive vibe about this year's draft in regards to the position. The fact is he can win and will make a team competitive if given the right components.

Y'all are forgetting who runs the jags now. Coughlin would love to have alex. Don't think he's sold on bortles but his playoff performance may change that if he does well. He's come on strong lately.

Word here on the East Coast is that Eli Manning will end up down there....

everyone retires to Florida.....

XM Radio today(Can't remember which channel) had a long talk about Alex's value and what teams.

Seems they thought Browns 33 pick will be the one OR if Bortles new game losses it for the Jags we should Watch for #28 pick from the Jags for Alex!!!!  

Everyone cross your fingers for Bortles to throw multiple picks hahaha

XM Radio today(Can't remember which channel) had a long talk about Alex's value and what teams.

Seems they thought Browns 33 pick will be the one OR if Bortles new game losses it for the Jags we should Watch for #28 pick from the Jags for Alex!!!!

Everyone cross your fingers for Bortles to throw multiple picks hahaha

Love that the comp talk just keeps climbing. Funny tho because if you would have posted this idea in one of your world famous trade scenarios before this season, everyone would be calling you crazy.. speaking of your trade scenarios has there been anything bouncing around in that head of yours? They were at the very least much needed entertainment to get through the off-season lulls.

Archived