What are your realistic expectations for Mahomes on Sunday

A lot of this depends on Denver defense as well.   How many backups are going to be playing for jobs next year on their side of the line?   I do not expect to see much from Mahomes with a backup offensive line.    I hope that Robinson plays well.   He has been an after thought since Conley went down.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of this depends on Denver defense as well. How many backups are going to be playing for jobs next year on their side of the line? I do not expect to see much from Mahomes with a backup offensive line. I hope that Robinson plays well. He has been an after thought since Conley went down.

I think Robinson is the real winner of the qb change for this game. Mahomes will look to him often, and I can see a 6 catch 90 yard type of game from him.

Yep. Playing with backups against the AFCs best defense wont likely be kind. Heck surrounded by three Pro Bowlers at home Alex only completed 45 percent of his passes against this D. But I think that’s a good thing to let him see first hand what a really good D on game day looks like.

Developing the first legit thorougbred that we’ve had at QB in five decades comes with a definite learning curve. But from the beginning I’d like to see at least flashes of what an elite arm can do and that he can handle adversity. And he’s likely to see that tomorrow which again I think is a good thing.

Elway has Denver throw this game to stay in the top 5 draft day. Expect a poor performance and effort by DONKS.

Elway has Denver throw this game to stay in the top 5 draft day. Expect a poor performance and effort by DONKS.

I actually thought they were doing this about a month ago but now have won 2 or their last 3 games since. From what I’m reading this will very likely be the last game for the No Fly Zone secondary as they are expected to release Talib. I’d think the defense will come out with purpose to make rookie QB suffer. Paxton Lynch is plain bad though and not sure what he can do even with his starters against mostly our backups. I expect kind of an ugly type game.

After the brilliant decision to part ways with Fox after he won 46 games in 4 years. Kubiak and now this.

Maybe he ought to quit hiring his buddies, and start worrying about who the best man for the job is again.

Elway. Great player but he’s done a horrible job in the front office. Manning made him look better than he was. Without manning he’s just cycled coaches and qbs. That’s why you don’t promote legacies.

I don't know what to expect per se.  But I think I'll be happy with a modest effort of >60% completion, >7.5 YPA, TD minus INT not less than 0, and we stay in the game until at least the fourth.

Not great on the TD/INT and not quite 60% at this moment but overall this was pretty close.

How many drops?

Didn't count. The guy is overrated. He wasn't productive even with his buddy under center.

I guess we'll all look at Alex Smith differently now when it comes to "Demarcus Robinson running free in the secondary". Smith has a WR2 in Hill, a WR4 in Wilson, and an elite tight end in Kelce. That's it. I don't even want to see Robinson on the field this post-season.

Didn't count. The guy is overrated. He wasn't productive even with his buddy under center.

I guess we'll all look at Alex Smith differently now when it comes to "Demarcus Robinson running free in the secondary". Smith has a WR2 in Hill, a WR4 in Wilson, and an elite tight end in Kelce. That's it. I don't even want to see Robinson on the field this post-season.

so your admitting now your pregnant with Alex's baby? Robinson will be fine.. give him some time. Not expecting him to  light it up this season but will be solid next I am confident 

WR2 in Tyreek Hill is a complete joke. Then again coming from the same guy that thought Joe Flacco was drafted to replace Trent Dilfer it shouldn’t be that surprising. And isn’t it amazing how a QB1 can make a WR4 look so good. LOL

Robinson looked terrible yesterday. I had hopes of him developing. Might take awhile. He is a 5 or 4 at best right now.

I've been a huge champion for Robinsons cause and I'll certainly admit that game was terrible. Almost like he had a difficult time adjusting to the cold. That doesn't bode well if that's the case.

I still believe he'll be at worst the 3 here in KC but he could easily leapfrog Conley if Conley stays meek and doesn't demand a presence.

Archived