First Round Mock 1.0

liquidfriend

1.  Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold, QB  USC

I foresee Dorsey firing Hue Jackson once the Browns go 0-16 and I feel he'll raid a coach from Andy's staff.  Toub will be going to Indy, Sutton is too old, Nagy is too green so I think he'll take Chilly unless GB were to fire Mike McCarthy.

I also see Dorsey willing to offer a 2 and the Chiefs original 5th rounder to acquire Alex Smith.

2.  New York Giants - Josh Rosen, QB  UCLA

I anticipate the Giants letting Eli Manning go and will be locked in at taking at Best QB available. As for a HC candidate, Marvin Lewis might make some sense here.

3. Indianapolis Colts - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB  Alabama

The Colts need talent all around. 

4.  Cleveland Browns - Derwin James, S  Florida St

The Browns have suffered from some really shitty secondary play, and could use someone at S to pair with Peppers (lmbo).  I know QB+Barkley is talked about a lot for the Browns, but I don't think Dorsey values RB's that much.  Especially in another deep RB class.

5.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da'Ron Payne, DT  Alabama

The Bucs big hyped DL was a gigantic disappointment this year, so look for some revamps here.  This class is deeper at edge rush vs interior line, so I look for them to get some help inside first.

6.  Denver Broncos - Saquon Brinkley, RB  Penn ST

I think Elway knows he has no shot at the top QB's without a major move up and will go after a veteran to hold the fort for right now.  I see Eli Manning following Peytons footsteps to Denver, so horseface can squeeze one last push out of his D.

To keep the ball out of Eli's hands often, look for him to get a legit #1 back to go with him.

7.  New York Jets - Lamar Jackson, QB  Louisville

They refuse to admit they fucked up on taking Hack, Petty sucks and McCown is nearly 40.  They have to come out of this with a QB, and the coach+GM have new deals to provide job security for developing one.

Mayfield isn't ideal tools wise and is very polarizing, but the production is hard to not notice.

8.  San Francisco 49ers - Calvin Ridley, WR  Alabama

Now that they've got a QB, they need to get him a go to receiver. 

9.  Chicago Bears - Bradley Chubb, DE  North Carolina St

Pretty decent value here, and now the Bears have 2 good edge guys.

10. Cincinnati Bengals - Quenton Nelson, G  Notre Dame

The Bengals had 2 good OL players going into 2017 and let them both walk, like morons.  In result, Andy Dalton played scared all year and they struggled to open up running lanes for Woman Beater.  The younger tackles played a bit better down the stretch, but they've had some pretty fucking bad interior line play.  They have to fix that.

11. Buffalo Bills (f/OAK) - Baker Mayfield, QB  Oklahoma

The Bills absolutely hate the QB's they have now, and will need to jump the Cards if they want to land one.  Miami won't help them, so Oakland would be an ideal partner.  The Raiders have some pretty major holes in quantity, so they need the extra picks.

12. Miami Dolphins - Arden Key, DE  LSU

Cameron Wake is still effective, but really getting up there in age.

13. Arizona Cardinals - Denzel Ward, CB  Ohio St

They need some talent at CB across from Peterson.

14. Washington Redskins - Joshua Jackson, CB  Iowa

The Redskins will absolutely let Breeland walk, and will need a new starter.

15. Green Bay Packers - Vita Vea, DL  Washington

The Packers need some beef and talent on the front to get the QB into the handy of Perry+Matthews. 

16. Los Diego Chargers - Mike McGlinchey, OT  Notre Dame

The Chargers have trotted out shit at LT for awhile, and need a more reliable blocker for Rivers.

17. Oakland Raiders (f/BUF) - Christian Wilkins, DT  Clemson

The Raiders need to get pressure from inside.

18. Detroit Lions - Clein Ferrell, DE  Clemson

Ansah will be a UFA in the Spring and may not be back.

19. Dallas Cowboys - Billy Price, OL  Ohio St

The Cowboys line took a step back with the Doug Free retirement and losing Leary, so I look for them to get the line up again.

20. Seattle Seahawks - Ronnie Harrison, S  Alabama

The Seahawks will be dismantling the Legion of Boom during the offseason, so here's a replacement for Kam.

21. Tennessee Titans - Roquan Smith, LB Georgia

Smith is too talented to pass up.

22. Baltimore Ravens - Courtland Sutton, WR  SMU

Maclin is a brokedick, Wallace is okay and Perriman is a bust.  Flacco needs a new target.

23. Atlanta Falcons - Carlton Davis, CB  Auburn

The Falcons have a hole at CB after letting Collins go during the season.

24. Carolina Panthers - Austin Bryant, DE  Clemson

They were so hard up for DE help, they brought back Peppers.  lol 

25. Oakland Raiders - Bryce Love, RB  Stanford

Marshawn had the power to his game still, but the speed element is gone.  He's not a starting quality RB anymore and the Raiders need one to take some pressure off of Derek Carr.

26. Washington Redskins (f/JAX) - Josh Allen, QB  Wyoming

I look for the Jaguars to say fuck it and make a power play for Kirk Cousins.  The Redskins will agree to trade him for a 1+2.

With Cousins gone, they will need  to find an eventual starter. 

27. Los Angeles Rams - Harold Landry, DE/OLB  Boston College

The Rams need better edge-rushing to run that D.

28. New Orleans Saints - Justin Reid, S  Stanford

The Saints get great value here with a guy that should have gone many picks ago.

29. Pittsburgh Steelers - Rashaan Evans, ILB  Alabama

Losing Shazier is a crusher for the Steelers.

30. Minnesota Vikings - Isaiah Oliver, DB  Colorado

Terrance Newman is like a thousand years old and needs to be replaced.

31. New England Patriots - Orlando Brown, OT  Oklahoma

There is speculation that Nate Solder could end up retiring at the end of the year, so he can deal with his child's cancer.  That's something I can respect.

That will leave a major hole at LT that they will need to address.

32. Isaiah Wynn, OL  Georgia

Jason Kelce has been very good for many years, but his play has certainly slipped.  Wynn should be a multi-year high end starter for the Eagles.

Archived