Alex Smith, folks

Agreed. If there are no offers, what do you do? I would hate to get nothing for the #2 QB in the league. I would really hate to see him in Denver.

There will be offers. Even a guy like Bradford got a major haul so a stable QB with a few years left in him will definitely fetch something. A lot of teams need QBs and instead of a lengthy bidding war most teams would be more comfortable giving up a pick instead of battling teams like Denver or Washington.

Agreed. If there are no offers, what do you do? I would hate to get nothing for the #2 QB in the league. I would really hate to see him in Denver.

I agree however I’ve got the feeling from what I read that Elway is going to kind of blow that roster up rather than try to band aid short term fix with a veteran QB. I guess we will see. But man has Elway been bad at drafting QBs. Kind of ironic.

I agree however I’ve got the feeling from what I read that Elway is going to kind of blow that roster up rather than try to band aid short term fix with a veteran QB. I guess we will see. But man has Elway been bad at drafting QBs. Kind of ironic.

Elway deserves about 20 years of bad luck. He was one of the greatest QBs in NFL history, but he was also one of the luckiest. He (and his OL) got away with everything. Seemed like the refs just loved him. Not taking away from his talent or his competitive nature... but some of the wins he enjoyed were pure fucking luck... including a few playoff games with the Chiefs.

Archived