Chiefs Donks GAME THREAD - Mahommes 1st NFL start

Maybe not today but for next year.. sure yeah, he’s going to be a great qb

If Smith goes down Mahomes proved today that he is a capable replacement.

It was the donks tho... not exactly a playoff caliber team... but he made some damned good plays and that last drive proved to the rest of the team he can get it done.

The kid grew about 3 feet taller today

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to risk anything? Nothing was at risk. Mahomes played a good game and even if he had thrown an int there was far more good than bad. Allowing him to navigate this offense down for a game winning TD would have done far more and he was more than capable of doing it. Turtling will get you beat far more than it gets you the W. Glad for the win but its a situation that you can't replicate and there is no down side for going for the TD.

They managed it like a real game and did all they, or any other team at any level of football, had to do in that same position to win a game.

Had to pause the game for a bit, just got caught up.  I really have no problems with the way the game was called considering the situation.  The only thing I have a problem with is that I know this is classic Reid and it would be nice to keep our foot on the gas for once.  But a win is a win, other than the INT I have no complaints about Mahomes considering he was playing with the 2s.

If Smith goes down Mahomes proved today that he is a capable replacement.

It was the donks tho... not exactly a playoff caliber team... but he made some damned good plays and that last drive proved to the rest of the team he can get it done.

The kid grew about 3 feet taller today

Their defense is absolutely playoff caliber and Mahomes looked solid against them , playing with backups no less. Even with the great throws , the most impressive part of was how he handled the pressure from Denver. Even when Miller was in his face it was like he wasn’t there.

Had to pause the game for a bit, just got caught up. I really have no problems with the way the game was called considering the situation. The only thing I have a problem with is that I know this is classic Reid and it would be nice to keep our foot on the gas for once. But a win is a win, other than the INT I have no complaints about Mahomes considering he was playing with the 2s.

He threw for nearly 300 yards against a great defense despite sitting out two possessions. 1s or 2s that’s an impressive performance

Their defense is absolutely playoff caliber and Mahomes looked solid against them , playing with backups no less. Even with the great throws , the most impressive part of was how he handled the pressure from Denver. Even when Miller was in his face it was like he wasn’t there.

the thing I enjoyed was how the play wasn't over after 4-6 seconds because there wasn't an open receiver.

he kept the plays alive with his arm and it really was refreshing to see what normally would have been a throw away turn into a big gain or 1st down

some of those throws were amazing... especially the one with Miller wrapped around his legs...

I really want to play TN. They seem like the weakest team. I only care about winning, not about proving any points.

I think we can beat either team , but I do think ten is a better matchup for us. Afc north teams have dominated us over the last decade.

the thing I enjoyed was how the play wasn't over after 4-6 seconds because there wasn't an open receiver.

he kept the plays alive with his arm and it really was refreshing to see what normally would have been a throw away turn into a big gain or 1st down

some of those throws were amazing... especially the one with Miller wrapped around his legs...

Yup. When he broke the pocket he extended the play. In those situations Alex either throws it away or it’s eyes down and run.

This.  How many plays did Pat make that Alex wouldn't have even tried?  3?  4?

After rewatching the 1st half I noticed Parker Ehinger folks. That guys is a stud waiting to get fully healthy. His seal block on Harris sprung the gaping hole for Kareem Hunt's TD. He also turned around the immovable mammoth Peko at the goaline allowing Sherman to bulldoze into the end zone. He is an absolute bulldozer of a run blocker. Can't wait until he gets his LG position back. If you all dont remember last year Spencer Ware and our entire running game tanked when he went out in Indi with the ACL. Good to get him back out in action. He's ready to come in case someone goes down, but lock him down as a starter next year.

He threw for nearly 300 yards against a great defense despite sitting out two possessions.

Great defence? Are you a yards guy or do you look past the yardage given up?

Denver gave up 157 points over the 7 games prior to this week or 22 points a week.

KC gave up 135 points or 19 per game. KC also gave up 6 less passing TDs in those games.

So if Denver's D is great, does that make KC's elite?

Denver gave up 157 points over the 7 games prior to this week or 22 points a week.

KC gave up 135 points or 19 per game. KC also gave up 6 less passing TDs in those games.

He did talk about passing yards which Denver is elite at (#3 in total yards, #4 in passing yards, #5 in rushing yards).  If they aren't giving up much total yards but giving up a ton of points, you know that is because of their putrid offense giving up short fields for TD/FG's.

Denver's defense is great. The offense has been worse than terrible. Only the Browns have given the ball away more. You are going to give up points when the offense turns the ball over like they have.

Archived