Chiefs Donks GAME THREAD - Mahommes 1st NFL start

Still want him released...

Looks like Mahomes can make a lot of receivers better than they really are but still I wouldn't give up on a guy that Mahomes went 10 for 11 in his first start. With DAT leaving in the offseason and Robinson basically a disappointment so far I would probably try to hand on to Wilson with a short team deal around what he's making now.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After rewatching the 1st half I noticed Parker Ehinger folks. That guys is a stud waiting to get fully healthy. His seal block on Harris sprung the gaping hole for Kareem Hunt's TD. He also turned around the immovable mammoth Peko at the goaline allowing Sherman to bulldoze into the end zone. He is an absolute bulldozer of a run blocker. Can't wait until he gets his LG position back. If you all dont remember last year Spencer Ware and our entire running game tanked when he went out in Indi with the ACL. Good to get him back out in action. He's ready to come in case someone goes down, but lock him down as a starter next year.

Ehinger played okay last year and was getting better until going down with injury.  It's disappointing he couldn't get back this season to gain experience.  Fisher, Ehinger, Morse, LDT, and Shwartz, if all were healthy, would be an okay line for Mahomes to play behind next season.

Denver's defense is great. The offense has been worse than terrible. Only the Browns have given the ball away more. You are going to give up points when the offense turns the ball over like they have.

My point is, don't get excited about Mahommes game against Denver. If you go back and watch, not too many starters played all game. It looked like a preseason game.

Another point is, I would take giving up hundreds of yards vs multiple TDs and that is what Denver did. Points win games yardage makes fans act like giddy school girls.

I know they are not the same player but remember a QB, not to far back, who threw for 316 yds, 2 TDs to include the 80 yard game winner in overtime against Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Where is he now? He is no longer in the NFL.

Please be cautious with the optimism after just one game. The folks in Denver thought they had something in Tebow and many in here were pissed that the Chiefs did jump on Lynch last year.

I know they are not the same player but remember a QB, not to far back, who threw for 316 yds, 2 TDs to include the 80 yard game winner in overtime against Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

Please be cautious with the optimism after just one game. The folks in Denver thought they had something in Tebow and many in here were pissed that the Chiefs did jump on Lynch last year.

There's legitimate reason to get excited. Only injury will hold Mahomes back.

I'm not sure if you're worried because of our history or because you're not a fan of Mahomes in general. Either is fine.

There's legitimate reason to get excited. Only injury will hold Mahomes back.

I'm not sure if you're worried because of our history or because you're not a fan of Mahomes in general. Either is fine.

I'm a Chiefs fan, never cared for the name on the back of the jersey. I also believe it's a team sport thus I don't give one player credit for wins or losses.

I'm a Chiefs fan, never cared for the name on the back of the jersey. I also believe it's a team sport thus I don't give one player credit for wins or losses.

Nothing wrong with that, yet surely even you feel more confident when legit talent is added to your team right? That's all this is.

Any way you look at it, I assume that even if you believe the QB incumbent is good-great, you'd trust and believe in the coaches/team that this young man is worth the value we traded for him. Just adding that alone and relieving the team of valuable cap space to add even more talent should really git yer knickers ruffled. You should be a very happy person!

"It's only one game" is a fair point, but Tebow and Mahomes couldn't possibly be different players.

Nothing wrong with that, yet surely even you feel more confident when legit talent is added to your team right? That's all this is.

Any way you look at it, I assume that even if you believe the QB incumbent is good-great, you'd trust and believe in the coaches/team that this young man is worth the value we traded for him. Just adding that alone and relieving the team of valuable cap space to add even more talent should really git yer knickers ruffled. You should be a very happy person!

I am all for ANY player who can contribute to a Chiefs win. I refuse to get excited about one meaningless game. Yes he looked very good and probably will turn out to be the real, I hope he does. However, I am currently concerned about this year and not the future.

Anything could happen between the end of the Chief's season and the start of next season. It's best to live in today then dream about tomorrow.

He did talk about passing yards which Denver is elite at (#3 in total yards, #4 in passing yards, #5 in rushing yards). If they aren't giving up much total yards but giving up a ton of points, you know that is because of their putrid offense giving up short fields for TD/FG's.

Denver offense had a staggering 34 turnovers.

Archived