Tennessee Titans

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be a good game. They will play same defense as Pitt against us. That’s guaranteed. Zone.

Nagy. Dial it up.

Sutton unleash the hounds.

Dick Lebeau gonna zone it up. We lost last year because we got stoned on 4th and goal and Alex through a redzone INT. We need this home playoff victory. We'll see which Alex Smith shows up.

Dick Lebeau gonna zone it up. We lost last year because we got stoned on 4th and goal and Alex through a redzone INT. We need this home playoff victory. We'll see which Alex Smith shows up.

I really don’t think ten is gonna score on us, so not a lot of pressure on the offense. This should be a 20-10 or 20-7 type game.

Mariota has struggled. I thought that guy was going to be very good. He still can be, tough year this year.

they're tied for 30th (or 31st depending on how you look at it) in strength of schedule... and they only managed 9-7

if we can't beat this team at Arrowhead, we don't deserve the playoffs

they're tied for 30th (or 31st depending on how you look at it) in strength of schedule... and they only managed 9-7

if we can't beat this team at Arrowhead, we don't deserve the playoffs

That was how I felt when we lost to the bills at arrowhead. They are fairly similar teams.

This game will come down to 3 things.

1.  They will need a fantastic game from Reggie Ragland.  They can't let them get Derrick Henry and the inside screens going as it'll be a long day if the D allows it.

The Titans run an Offense from the 1970's more or less, but they will still handle you if you can't stop them from imposing their will.  Mariota as a passer doesn't scare me at all.

2.  Alex Smith has to play like an MVP.  The Titans like to keep the plays short and in front of them and clamp down.  To counter that Alex needs to stretch that Defense out to give some good one on one opportunities for Kelce and Kareem Hunt.  Starting Saturday he will have to state his case for another season in Kansas City.

IMO, anything short of being in the Championship will close the book on his time here.

3. Colquitt and Butker.  Need to pin that Offense deep and Butker needs to be perfect inside 50.

1.  They will need a fantastic game from Reggie Ragland.  They can't let them get Derrick Henry and the inside screens going as it'll be a long day if the D allows it.

The Titans run an Offense from the 1970's more or less, but they will still handle you if you can't stop them from imposing their will.  Mariota as a passer doesn't scare me at all.

2.  Alex Smith has to play like an MVP.  The Titans like to keep the plays short and in front of them and clamp down.  To counter that Alex needs to stretch that Defense out to give some good one on one opportunities for Kelce and Kareem Hunt.  Starting Saturday he will have to state his case for another season in Kansas City.

IMO, anything short of being in the Championship will close the book on his time here.

3. Colquitt and Butker.  Need to pin that Offense deep and Butker needs to be perfect inside 50.

Alex is gone even with a superbowl win. NO Cap Space & Mahomes must start.

1. They will need a fantastic game from Reggie Ragland. They can't let them get Derrick Henry and the inside screens going as it'll be a long day if the D allows it.

The Titans run an Offense from the 1970's more or less, but they will still handle you if you can't stop them from imposing their will. Mariota as a passer doesn't scare me at all.

2. Alex Smith has to play like an MVP. The Titans like to keep the plays short and in front of them and clamp down. To counter that Alex needs to stretch that Defense out to give some good one on one opportunities for Kelce and Kareem Hunt. Starting Saturday he will have to state his case for another season in Kansas City.

3. Colquitt and Butker. Need to pin that Offense deep and Butker needs to be perfect inside 50.

I think no matter what, Smith will and will want to play somewhere else next year because if he "earned" another year here in Kansas City, he would be a free agent the next year and so I think he will want to play for a team that is more likely to be looking into an extension, even if short. So the best thing obviously would be to win the Super Bowl and then be traded.

I know it is a business, but I don't see him holding out if we win the Super Bowl. But I wouldn't want him to not do what is best for him and stay for another year which puts us behind the eight ball with Mahomes and it's not a high chance that we repeat if we win at all. It would screw his chance to extend his career because a half year would actually be in play. He's not here next year to transition. He's gone for either another opportunity for 2-4 years or to finish up.

I think no matter what, Smith will and will want to play somewhere else next year because if he "earned" another year here in Kansas City, he would be a free agent the next year and so I think he will want to play for a team that is more likely to be looking into an extension, even if short. So the best thing obviously would be to win the Super Bowl and then be traded.

I know it is a business, but I don't see him holding out if we win the Super Bowl. But I wouldn't want him to not do what is best for him and stay for another year which puts us behind the eight ball with Mahomes and it's not a high chance that we repeat if we win at all. It would screw his chance to extend his career because a half year would actually be in play. He's not here next year to transition. He's gone for either another opportunity for 2-4 years or to finish up.

No cap space. He is gone regardless.

Ten has issues. There’s no reason we shouldn’t win this game by 10 points

Exactly what I said after the 1995 regular season.  Anything can happen in the playoffs and no team is a pushover in January.  Yeah, the Chiefs should win by plenty, but we've been burned so often................

All I remember is short yardage situations. We lost the line of scrimmage that game. Alex Smith through a key redzone INT and Spencer Ware got stimmed twice at the goaline on 3rd and 4th. Reid as I remember turtled up on our last possession leaving TN with a last possession.

We need to control that Titans run game and stone their O-Line. If the Chiefs can win against a slugfest team I'm sure they'll gain more confidence going forward. Like Liquid said guys like Ragland and KPL need stellar games. FYI we lost DJ the week before last year and were missing him. Guys like DJ Alexander were starting...

Chiefs need to rewatch that clown Succop dance on our midfield for motivation. That can't happen again. It's time to put to bed a 25 year old winless home playoff drought. Alex Smith...here's looking at you kid.

I think he would absolutely prefer to stay an extra year in KC, even on a one year contract essentially.  Top tier coach, winning franchise, a chance at a trophy still and decent pay.  Would also be a completely unrestricted FA in 2019 and would be able to maximize his value.

He's likely either Arizona or Cleveland bound without another year and his chances of getting a ring goes down a lot.

Alex is gone even with a superbowl win. NO Cap Space & Mahomes must start.

They can create cap space without trading Alex.  It's not a slamdunk, but he can't remind Veach and Reid exactly why they packaged up 2 first round picks and a 3rd rounder to take his replacement.

Ford, Hali, DJ, Bailey puts them up to over 30.  That's more than enough to continue functioning.

Archived