Tennessee Titans

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. We should have been 14-2. My issue here is that Alex finally made some gutsy red zone throws and I have a hard time criticizing him for that. One of those however was really bad.

Sometimes you just gotta let it rip and let the chips fall where they may. People often confuse aggression and poor decisions as if they are one in the same. Fact is you can be aggressive and smart. That’s my beef with Alex, once were in range for the three it feels like he’s again playing not to make a mistake and at least get the 3 rather than aggressively trying for 6.

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/30427-2018-nfl-playoff-thread/

ESPN just showed footage from inside the Titans locker room when the Bengals scored that game winning TD against the Ravens, the players weren't happy when they realized they had to play the Chiefs instead of the Jags.

Other board not too optimistic.

This home playoff game at Arrowhead has me anxious. Can you blame me?

You should be anxious about any Chiefs game in the playoffs. We have the capacity to lose to every single team in the NFL any given season. In playoffs it's even worse. 

I’m concerned with the run D. Demarco Murray has a 3rd degree MCL tear and is questionable for the game. This means Derrick Henry will get the bulk of the carries and this kid has no pressure on him meaning he could just go off and help the Titans control the clock the whole game

This one is gonna be painful to watch. Smith knows he has to play well to prove his worth. I am afraid he is gonna turn gun shy again. He won't trust his receivers to make a play. We have a 1000 yard rusher, 1000 yard TE, 1000 yard WR and a 4000 yard passer. I expect this team to handle their business but, this team will find a way to completely lose this game. Why do I feel Reid will take over play calling duties; Peters gets beat by receivers you've never heard of. 

I want nothing more than to see the Chiefs win a playoff game AT HOME. I unfortunately am like a lot of other fans and are very skeptical about which team will show up Saturday. I will be going from a 6 pack per game to a 12 pack for this playoff game.

This home playoff game at Arrowhead has me anxious. Can you blame me?

One always has to be anxious in the playoffs, especially if one is a Chiefs fan.  But for a #4 seed, the Chiefs are in the best position they could be.  BUF has a real chance of winning against JAX and getting a trip to NE.  BAL would have been much scarier for the Chiefs IMHO.  No team is a pushover, but TENN is the best match up the Chiefs could have hoped for except for getting a bye.  PIT and NE are prohibitive favorites to play each other in the AFC championship game, but I'd bet either would be anxious about playing the inconsistent Chiefs.  The Chiefs have a 70+% chance this weekend.  Can't ask for better odds than that against another playoff team.

This one is gonna be painful to watch. Smith knows he has to play well to prove his worth. I am afraid he is gonna turn gun shy again. He won't trust his receivers to make a play. We have a 1000 yard rusher, 1000 yard TE, 1000 yard WR and a 4000 yard passer. I expect this team to handle their business but, this team will find a way to completely lose this game. Why do I feel Reid will take over play calling duties; Peters gets beat by receivers you've never heard of. 

I want nothing more than to see the Chiefs win a playoff game AT HOME. I unfortunately am like a lot of other fans and are very skeptical about which team will show up Saturday. I will be going from a 6 pack per game to a 12 pack for this playoff game.

I enjoy the ride vs worries. Its not fun to worry. Should be fun to watch. I avoid pain.

Smith played well in his last few games with Singletary in order to get Harbaugh to keep him when he came in. He played well before his concussion and he played well in the last few weeks this year. He played well to begin the season as well and that is what kept him from losing his job in the middle of the season turn the losing streak. If we have started out 1-6, I think Mahomes would've started.

Smith has plenty of times to worry about his future and he has done well. Inconsistency is a concern so yes, I am worried in a playoff game. But it isn't because of Smith needing to prove himself.

In fact, I would think you would be the exact opposite. Needing to win is what makes him second guess his instincts. He over thinks when he needs to win and plays situational football. Of course, he has failed in situational football as well, I'm just saying that needing to win could cause that.

Needing to prove himself may produce the Indianapolis Colts production or the first five games of the season. Who knows? Consistency is the issue, not motivation.

Chiefs will be fine in this game. Smith will deliver. Have some confidence. It all comes down to Nagy. He is now in charge of calling plays against a cover 2 zone d vs. Reid. I think that itself is a huge benefit.

This game will be won in the trenches. Run the ball and stop the run. Who ever does that best will control the clock. Its up to Nagy to ensure we are productive on 1 st down.

I don't worry about this game in the least. This is the type of game we should walk all over Tennessee. If we don't, they'll be plenty of deserved blame to lay.

It's the following week I'll be anxious about. Belichick/Brady don't lose twice in one year to an opponent very often.

I think he would absolutely prefer to stay an extra year in KC, even on a one year contract essentially.  Top tier coach, winning franchise, a chance at a trophy still and decent pay.  Would also be a completely unrestricted FA in 2019 and would be able to maximize his value.

He's likely either Arizona or Cleveland bound without another year and his chances of getting a ring goes down a lot.

They can create cap space without trading Alex.  It's not a slamdunk, but he can't remind Veach and Reid exactly why they packaged up 2 first round picks and a 3rd rounder to take his replacement.

Ford, Hali, DJ, Bailey puts them up to over 30.  That's more than enough to continue functioning.

We did not "give up" 2 first round picks.  WE SWAPPED first round picks, and gave up ONE.  Man i am tired of seeing that statement.  We still got to make a first round pick last year.

They're already discussing a new HC for Tennessee in 2018.

https://gotitans.com/threads/official-2018-hc-search-thread.98989/page-10

The Chiefs need to win by double-digits. With the experience we have in the playoffs and the veteran coaches on paper should be a cake-walk. The Titans have none of that. This team is just happy to be in the dance.

This is where being in the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years helps the Chiefs. Time to act like we've been here before and make a damn run!

Man, we all see the writing on the wall, but as a competitor who is not going to get into it with the media - it must be shit tiring to keep answering questions about one's future. He could have helped it last year by beating the Steelers, but now, what the F is he supposed to say that he hasn't already? It's his job right now and he has confidence he will start somewhere next year. Give it a break. You will have time to ask him after the playoffs. He'll show up if he loses and answer questions professionally. He'll answer questions on the podium if WE win it all. His focus should be this team's future next week. (I'm talking to the media in general, no one here.)

We did not "give up" 2 first round picks.  WE SWAPPED first round picks, and gave up ONE.  Man i am tired of seeing that statement.  We still got to make a first round pick last year.

This!

This is where being in the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years helps the Chiefs.

It's only 4 of 5, not 5 of 6.

Okay I'm gonna say it for Wilkie and Oltimer! It's a "Trap" game.????

Really though put this Chiefs fan down for a well oiled machine this Saturday and Chiefs win easy by 10. I also think the Bills are gonna beat Jacksonville so we will play the Pittsburg in the second round. Write it down!!

Okay I'm gonna say it for Wilkie and Oltimer! It's a "Trap" game.????

Really though put this Chiefs fan down for a well oiled machine this Saturday and Chiefs win easy by 10. I also think the Bills are gonna beat Jacksonville so we will play the Pittsburg in the second round. Write it down!!

Bold! Nice!

Similar to what I said above about Brady/Belichick, should we meet Pittsburg in round two, I don't think Andy would lose to them twice in one year.

Then my above worries become valid again lol. Not that I don't think we can't beat NE, we can. That game, and Pittsburg more for revenge, worry me where as the Titans *should* be fodder.

Bold! Nice!

Similar to what I said above about Brady/Belichick, should we meet Pittsburg in round two, I don't think Andy would lose to them twice in one year.

Then my above worries become valid again lol. Not that I don't think we can't beat NE, we can. That game, and Pittsburg more for revenge, worry me where as the Titans *should* be fodder.

Playoffs are not likely fodder. Smith should be in a go for it nothing to lose mindset. Chiefs win.

Archived