Tennessee Titans

It should, it’s the Chiefs we’re talking about.

It may not be but it feels different. We are on the cusp of a new era regardless of result and I think it takes some of the pressure off. At least it feels that way from a fans standpoint. I’ve just got a feeling there will be more of a go for broke attitude rather than playing not to lose as we seem to in most home playoff games. Whether that nets a different result we will see. But I think it will. And if not we’ve got the Ferrari we are building in the garage for our future. Just an ideal scenario.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't allow history to dictate any misgivings about the Chiefs. This year is different. Alex never threw for 4,000 yards before...this year he did. AS never had the highest passer rating in the league...this year he did. Chiefs never won back to back division titles before...this year we did.

I agree with a previous post..Titans are the best matchup we could hope for. We will win this game.

We did not "give up" 2 first round picks. WE SWAPPED first round picks, and gave up ONE. Man i am tired of seeing that statement. We still got to make a first round pick last year.

Point out where I said "give up"

They sent the 27th pick and 2018 first yo Buffalo for that pick, which is exactly what they did and I said they did. What a spergy argument. Every single trade is a swap dude.

It’s all about our run game all the way through the playoffs. If we run it, we can win the SB. It will open it up for Alex and his weapons.

Agree completely. If Andy lets opponents make our offense one diminensional behind the passing game we are likely in trouble. Offensively we’ve got two main things that cost us last January that can be fixed philosophically.

Andy’s job is too make sure Kareem gets his touches. Don’t give up on running game and don’t get cute in short yardage sistuations. Alex’s job is to make sure when he sees tight coverage on Tyreek and no safety help, the ball needs to go there. If those two things happen and the defense gives up no more than 18-20 points as it has in our last two playoff games. We will be moving on to NE.

Agree completely. If Andy lets opponents make our offense one diminensional behind the passing game we are likely in trouble. Offensively we’ve got two main things that cost us last January that can be fixed philosophically.

Andy’s job is too make sure Kareem gets his touches. Don’t give up on running game and don’t get cute in short yardage sistuations. Alex’s job is to make sure when he sees tight coverage on Tyreek and no safety help, the ball needs to go there. If those two things happen and the defense gives up no more than 18-20 points as it has in our last two playoff games. We will be moving on to NE.

Even though I spoke in terms of our offense, all of that will lead to a fresh defense.

The key is OUR run game.

Listen to the radio out here, they still think labeau will live by the blitz. Alex is a blitz killer.

I agree with this. When teams actually blitz, Smith tends to pick it up. Smith fails when 3 or 4 man rushes generate some pressure. That's when he fails because he sees tons of guys in coverage and gets happy feet not knowing where to go with the ball.

I agree with this. When teams actually blitz, Smith tends to pick it up. Smith fails when 3 or 4 man rushes generate some pressure. That's when he fails because he sees tons of guys in coverage and gets happy feet not knowing where to go with the ball.

Disguised blitzes give him trouble, it's why he struggles with the Steelers.  That doesn't bode well seeing as the architect of that defense is who we are going up against...

Disguised blitzes give him trouble, it's why he struggles with the Steelers.  That doesn't bode well seeing as the architect of that defense is who we are going up against...

Alex has been awful in his two games at Arrowhead vs the Titans.  Barely over 50 percent completions for 365 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs.  It's a definite concern. Just gotta hope we don't see that bad Alex at all this January! 

Alex has been awful in his two games at Arrowhead vs the Titans. Barely over 50 percent completions for 365 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs. It's a definite concern. Just gotta hope we don't see that bad Alex at all this January!

Bad Alex will show up for sure if we’re unable to run the football. It all starts with Kareem Hunt and the O line.

Bad Alex will show up for sure if we’re unable to run the football. It all starts with Kareem Hunt and the O line.

This team is poor against the pass. I see KC passing to open up the run game. Looking at the short passing game early. 

I live in the Nashville area so I get to hear all the local sportcasters and beat writers on a regular basis. Murray is still hurting. Mularky won't put him out there unless he is good to go. Henry can be a load but had just 51 yards on 28 carries last week. If he is forced to run laterally at all or stop to change direction he isn't effective at all. They need for the offense to open big holes and for him to hit it fast and go north and south. Our defense needs to be gap sound. Something they have struggled with in many games.

Stack the box and keep Mariota in the pocket. He cant win if passing the ball.

Mariota is healthy and running again so with Murray likely out they are going to rely and him and Henry to move the chains and control clock. Completely agree keeping him in pocket is crucial.

Henry knows how to grind out those extra yards and can take it all the way on every play so the defense cannot miss tackles. Parker and Sorensen are the key players on defense IMO, they need to step up.

They cannot stop our passing attack and I wouldn't be surprised to see some deep balls early on. We lose on trenches in every aspect so cannot allow them to crowd the box.

Archived