Tennessee Titans

To be honest I'm concerned at how much the media and betting folks are talking like the result is a formality. Because all it's doing is adding on more pressure than we really need. The Titans, like any other team in the playoffs, will come to play hard and no doubt will have their moments over the course of the game. BUT, what gives me hope is we've literally had three "life and death" situations in our last three home games, haven't we? We had to beat the Raiders, The Chargers game was pretty much winner takes all, and the Miami was a game where we knew we had to get it done to go to the playoffs. And in all three of those games we dominated. 

Ultimately the key is for our offense to keep doing what they've been doing. We score anything above 24 points then it's likely to be a very tough night for the Titans. And you know why yall? Because in their last TEN games, The Titans haven't scored above 24 points. And they've only scored that twice in those ten games. 

Anyway just have to pray that the boys are up for this. IF we play to our potential, then I'm hopeful we'll be just fine. I must admit that the break makes me wonder about how we will perform though.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s pathetic we’re all concerned about beating the lowly Titans....in Arrowhead! They’ve basically sucked all year, and were the only team in the NFL to finish with a positive turnover differential. On paper we should beat them by 2 TDs, but the Chiefs 1-10 postseason record says it won’t happen. Ditto for Andy Reid, who’s managed to coach himself out of multiple playoff victories during his time.

It’s pathetic we’re all concerned about beating the lowly Titans....in Arrowhead! They’ve basically sucked all year, and were the only team in the NFL to finish with a positive turnover differential. On paper we should beat them by 2 TDs, but the Chiefs 1-10 postseason record says it won’t happen. Ditto for Andy Reid, who’s managed to coach himself out of multiple playoff victories during his time.

None of those games have anything to do with Sat. Why go back and visit that? Chiefs win 34-20 and its not that close.

lol i love it and unfortunately for the Chiefs' and fans, it's so, so true.

I'm pretty optimistic about this week bu the Chiefs have been so up and down this year nothing would be a surprise.

10-7 loss to the Titans?  Yep, could totally see it.

Miraculous super bowl run similar to the 5-0 start?  Yep, could totally see that too.

http://www.titansreport.com/topic/30427-2018-nfl-playoff-thread/

ESPN just showed footage from inside the Titans locker room when the Bengals scored that game winning TD against the Ravens, the players weren't happy when they realized they had to play the Chiefs instead of the Jags.

Other board not too optimistic.

I must not be reading the same board, but the gotitans link shows virtual consensus on a Titans win in Arrowhead this weekend.  There are some realists, but most think they'll win easily.  Some really optimistic predictions on their part.  

I think the Chiefs win - could be by double digits or a 1-point squeaker.  We've all seen this team play lights out as well as play half dead this year.  I think it will take the latter and some lucky bounces for the Titans to come away with a victory.  Sure could happen, though.  I know the history of the Chiefs as an organization, I just feel like this is a different Chiefs team than past teams and they're hot at the right time.

Haha hope so. I have a feeling he will man up on Kelce.

I hope so.  There's not a FS in the league that can consistently shut down Kelce.  The Titans have been terrible against TE's from what I've heard.  Even average TE's have had success against them.  

The Titans cannot double both Hill and Kelce, so one of them should be able to make hay.  I think somebody already said it, but Wilson might be the key to a productive offensive showing.  FIRST TIME THAT HAS LIKELY EVER BEEN TYPED OF SAID OUT-LOUD. If Wilson can make some timely chain-moving catches like he did last week when he was the #1 WR then the Titans defense is dead in the water.  Obviously, Hunt must make the D respect the run for any realistic chance at a solid victory.

None of those games have anything to do with Sat. Why go back and visit that? Chiefs win 34-20 and its not that close.

You’re correct, they don’t, but that record transcends differences with today’s team. It’s the culmination of multiple regimes in Kansas City, all with the same end results. It’s inexplicable; one might say we’re just cursed.

You’re correct, they don’t, but that record transcends differences with today’s team. It’s the culmination of multiple regimes in Kansas City, all with the same end results. It’s inexplicable; one might say we’re just cursed.

Cursed is just a stupid excuse for we weren't good enough. We weren't cursed when we couldn't win division games or beat Denver when Andy Reid got here. We just weren't good enough.  Now we OWN this division and won it back to back for the first time ever.  Haven't lost at Denver since 2014 either. We made some great changes and it got us to the point we are consistently good.  

And if we are still not good enough to become a great team. Make moves to get better. If games go down to one play where a bad bounce or bad call beats you Its that simple. Get to the point that can't happen. Plus the NFL is about matchups and based on losing at Arrowhead to this team twice in the last 3 years, says this is a potential problem. As erratic as they were they swept the Jaguars. This is the playoffs where only the best teams are still playing.

If we are good enough then we move on to New England. If we aren't then a new era starts next year. We hedged our bets this time around and acknowledged for the first time what many of us already know. Playoff losses normally come because the other QB is better. And since 1990 9 of our 13 playoff losses have come against Hall of Fame QBs. Think about that. It's no curse. It was an inability to recognize and respond to reality. We have now.  And I think it may even benefit this team as well. But that's more crapshoot while having the star QB is the loaded hand.  

I'll reiterate my opinion even though it doesn't matter in the least. This game "should" be a cakewalk. If it's not, it's not a curse, it's not the refs (even though I'll likely yell at them from my couch all game) it's plain and simply poor, pathetic performance. Even a "barely won" will be a huge disappointment to me.

The next game/games is where the concern for me will come in. Even though I fully believe we can beat any remaining opponent with this team playing inspired and on their game.

It started when we traded Babe Ruth to the Patriots.

Spot on. The curse of the Bambino, curse of the Billy Goat. Those teams beat down the stupid idea of a curse by building rosters and having coaches good enough to do it. It's that simple. People that believe we are cursed might as well believe we had Babe Ruth and traded him to the Patriots. Its all nonsensical excuses for largely getting beat by better QBs time and time again. We need to get on that upper hand of the QB deal and something tells me the curse will magically disappear. I'm just glad Andy Reid doesn't buy into the black cats and ladders and actually went about making a philosophical change which could actually make a difference.  

5 consecutive home playoff losses for the Chiefs dating back to the Montana days! It’s beyond not good enough at this point!

We lost to John Elway, Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisburger who are or will be Hall of Fame QBs. And we lost to those QBs with really good 12 plus win teams. Just goes to show its no fluke. 

The two times we didn't lose to Hall of Fame QBs we started career backups in the playoffs.

5 playoff losses where we had the lesser QB in each. You could say we were cursed by GMs that didn't recognize what's very obvious and simply hoped luck would be on our side.   

How did we break the long playoff "curse" after all? We played a team with a horrible QB. 

Cursed is just a stupid excuse for we weren't good enough. We weren't cursed when we couldn't win division games or beat Denver when Andy Reid got here. We just weren't good enough.  Now we OWN this division and won it back to back for the first time ever.  Haven't lost at Denver since 2014 either. We made some great changes and it got us to the point we are consistently good.  

And if we are still not good enough to become a great team. Make moves to get better. If games go down to one play where a bad bounce or bad call beats you Its that simple. Get to the point that can't happen. Plus the NFL is about matchups and based on losing at Arrowhead to this team twice in the last 3 years, says this is a potential problem. As erratic as they were they swept the Jaguars. This is the playoffs where only the best teams are still playing.

If we are good enough then we move on to New England. If we aren't then a new era starts next year. We hedged our bets this time around and acknowledged for the first time what many of us already know. Playoff losses normally come because the other QB is better. And since 1990 9 of our 13 playoff losses have come against Hall of Fame QBs. Think about that. It's no curse. It was an inability to recognize and respond to reality. We have now.  And I think it may even benefit this team as well. But that's more crapshoot while having the star QB is the loaded hand.  

I agree with chiefsp, they're cursed.

You don't lose 4 playoff games since 1990 because of bad calls from the refs, also while losing other games scoring 43 points, or a kicker missing 3 chip shot FGs without having some kind of curse on you.

The NFL has always found a way to stick it to the Chiefs in the playoffs and just like 75% of all Chiefs' fans expecting Alex Smith to fail in the playoffs, I fully expect the NFL and refs to do their part in sending us home as well. 

Get mad at me all you want, but I know all the games since 1990 in which we got hosed by the refs that directly cost us the game INCLUDING LAST YEAR against Pittsburgh.

For Saturday, you can sure bet I'll have Jobu's rum will be overflowing and I will be sacrificing a live chicken to get us the win.

I agree with chiefsp, they're cursed.

You don't lose 4 playoff games since 1990 because of bad calls from the refs and losing other games scoring 43 points or a kicker missing 3 chip shot FGs without having some kind of curse on you.

The NFL has always found a way to stick it to the Chiefs in the playoffs and just like 75% of all Chiefs' fans expecting Alex Smith to fail in the playoffs, I fully expect the NFL and refs to do their part in sending us home as well.

Get mad at me all you want, but I know all the games since 1990 in which we got hosed by the refs that directly cost us the game INCLUDING LAST YEAR against Pittsburgh.

For Saturday, you can sure bet I'll have Jobu's rum will be overflowing and I will be sacrificing a live chicken to get us the win.

I don't get mad about people believing in fairy tails. Its just laughable. And theres nothing that a GM who hasn't done his job well enough likes more than a fan base that believes luck is the only thing keeping the team from greatness. As I said earlier. We have lost 5 straight home playoff games where we had the worse QB, Three of those were to Hall of Fame QBs who ALL have multiple Super Bowl wins. When we get on the right end of the QB deal, the fairy tale curse will almost certainly  "magically" end. This is exactly whats so exciting about Mahomes II!

As for excuses like last years holding penalty. If we had a QB good enough to see a wide open Tyreek Hill streaking alone in the open field, it would not have mattered. We are good enough to beat Tennessee. And our QB may not be as talented, but he's playing better than theirs right now which helps inspire more confidence than normal. Last time we clearly had the better QB guess what happened? We ended the 23 year playoff "curse". Shocking!

Lastly my ire was directed at the stupid because Chiefs prediction you made after we went 6-6. You said because Chiefs we would lose the next 3 to miss playoffs and then win in Denver setting up false hope for 2017. This is polar opposite not only to what really happened but to what the Chiefs have been doing since Andy Reid got here. That was my issue there. 

Said it before and I will say it again, the Jets and Chiefs sacrificed for the good of the league. They made a deal with either the NFL or the Devil, which is pretty much the same thing, to help with the creation of the NFL as we know it today.

They are the only two original AFL teams to win an AFL/NFL Championship (SB) Game and they are the only two original AFL teams to never have returned to the championship/SB.

Boston, Buffalo, Houston/Tennessee, Miami, Cincinnati, Denver, LA/SD/LA Chargers, and Oakland have all been since the merger.

I don't get mad about people believing in fairy tails. Its just laughable. And theres nothing that a GM who hasn't done his job well enough likes more than a fan base that believes luck is the only thing keeping the team from greatness. As I said earlier. We have lost 5 straight home playoff games where we had the worse QB, Three of those were to Hall of Fame QBs who ALL have multiple Super Bowl wins. When we get on the right end of the QB deal, the fairy tale curse will almost certainly  "magically" end. This is exactly whats so exciting about Mahomes II!

As for excuses like last years holding penalty. If we had a QB good enough to see a wide open Tyreek Hill streaking alone in the open field, it would not have mattered. We are good enough to beat Tennessee. And our QB may not be as talented, but he's playing better than theirs right now which helps inspire more confidence than normal. Last time we clearly had the better QB guess what happened? We ended the 23 year playoff "curse". Shocking!

That's just as much BS as someone believing in curses or bad luck.  You don't know that a Tyreek Hill TD on that play wins the game.  Last I saw, PIT was marching up and down the field on us all day.  They could've easily made the play/score to make up for that.  That same QB you criticize took the ball down 8 points with 4:00 left, drove down for a TD AND game tying 2 point conversion called back on a ticky tack holding call.  Big Ben played just as bad of game as Alex Smith and the Steelers got away with a ton of non calls including a huge non call on an obvious PI on Kelce that would've set KC up in scoring position.

These are the type of BS calls I'm referring to that conveniently find their way into Chiefs' playoff games to aid HOF QBs advancing in the playoffs. 

You want more examples?

I don't get mad about people believing in fairy tails. Its just laughable. And theres nothing that a GM who hasn't done his job well enough likes more than a fan base that believes luck is the only thing keeping the team from greatness. As I said earlier. We have lost 5 straight home playoff games where we had the worse QB, Three of those were to Hall of Fame QBs who ALL have multiple Super Bowl wins. When we get on the right end of the QB deal, the fairy tale curse will almost certainly "magically" end. This is exactly whats so exciting about Mahomes II!

Lastly my ire was directed at the stupid because Chiefs prediction you made after we went 6-6. You said because Chiefs we would lose the next 3 to miss playoffs and then win in Denver setting up false hope for 2017. This is polar opposite not only to what really happened but to what the Chiefs have been doing since Andy Reid got here. That was my issue there.

Our QB is as talented as theirs and he's playing better. Mariota does have a longer potential years left though.

Archived