Tennessee Titans

I don't get mad about people believing in fairy tails. Its just laughable. And theres nothing that a GM who hasn't done his job well enough likes more than a fan base that believes luck is the only thing keeping the team from greatness. As I said earlier. We have lost 5 straight home playoff games where we had the worse QB, Three of those were to Hall of Fame QBs who ALL have multiple Super Bowl wins. When we get on the right end of the QB deal, the fairy tale curse will almost certainly  "magically" end. This is exactly whats so exciting about Mahomes II!

As for excuses like last years holding penalty. If we had a QB good enough to see a wide open Tyreek Hill streaking alone in the open field, it would not have mattered. We are good enough to beat Tennessee. And our QB may not be as talented, but he's playing better than theirs right now which helps inspire more confidence than normal. Last time we clearly had the better QB guess what happened? We ended the 23 year playoff "curse". Shocking!

Lastly my ire was directed at the stupid because Chiefs prediction you made after we went 6-6. You said because Chiefs we would lose the next 3 to miss playoffs and then win in Denver setting up false hope for 2017. This is polar opposite not only to what really happened but to what the Chiefs have been doing since Andy Reid got here. That was my issue there. 

This is pretty much spot on. I disagree regarding the belief we got "hosed" on that holding call last year in the playoffs. The only ones I have seen saying it was not a hold are Chiefs fans. Pretty much every other sector of sports from refs to analysts to beat writers to fans from other teams believes almost in whole that it was a hold...as do I. Now if you want to argue that holding is called in a very inconsistent manner and two identical type holds may not get the same call..I'll buy that. But you gotta know going in that if you wrap your arm around a defenders neck there is a good chance it will get called.

Now...onto this coming playoff game. I think it's ours to lose. Alex is the better QB going onto this matchup. But will he play like the better QB on Saturday. Who knows?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just as much BS as someone believing in curses or bad luck. You don't know that a Tyreek Hill TD on that play wins the game. Last I saw, PIT was marching up and down the field on us all day. They could've easily made the play/score to make up for that. That same QB you criticize took the ball down 8 points with 4:00 left, drove down for a TD AND game tying 2 point conversion called back on a ticky tack holding call. Big Ben played just as bad of game as Alex Smith and the Steelers got away with a ton of non calls including a huge non call on an obvious PI on Kelce that would've set KC up in scoring position.

These are the type of BS calls I'm referring to that conveniently find their way into Chiefs' playoff games to aid HOF QBs advancing in the playoffs.

You want more examples?

Again this is what a franchise hopes for. Excuses made for them by the fans. Our best WR was wide open twice in this game for what would have been huge gains but he got the ball neither time. And yet the narrative is the defense which gave up 18 total points and the officials cost us the game. It’s funny that New England gave up an almost identical 19 points the next week and won by 17 points.

Again I’m glad Andy Reid took a different approach to the bad luck angle and went out and got a top tier QB prospect for the first time since the laughable curse started. You believe in curses, I believe in QBs. That’s the difference. You don’t think Mahomes can make a difference. I do. But that’s just opinion.

And again where’s this curse during the regular season? You predicted it, but where was it? Where’s it been? We just won back to back division titles for the first time EVER! What happened to the curse in Houston two years ago when we clearly had better QB? Why does it only seem to happen when the opposing team has a better QB? Seems coincidental.

The holding call on Fisher was valid, the thing that makes it very aggravating is how many hundreds of times I’ve seen Hali not get that call.

I agree. Valid call. Fisher didn’t need to do it. I see worse on Houston every game this year. It is what it is. Don’t leave the fight in the hands of the judges. Knock the guy out.

I believe that sometimes star players and teams get subconscious preferential treatment. I do not believe that there is any conscious conspiracy against the Chiefs.

There’s no doubt about that. Pitchers get bigger strike zones, basketball coaches can be good at lobby for fouls and certain QBs are going to be protected better than others. It’s part of the deal. It’s not a curse. We need to get one of those players.

I agree. Valid call. Fisher didn’t need to do it. I see worse on Houston every game this year. It is what it is. Don’t leave the fight in the hands of the judges. Knock the guy out.

You get it. And I agree it was a call at the very least that would have been made at least half the time. Harrison did slip but he was engaged at the exact same time. Our bigger problem was that the offense scored and then disappeared for then next 40 minutes.

Our QB is as talented as theirs and he's playing better. Mariota does have a longer potential years left though.

I think they have very similiar skill set but Mariota has a better arm and is faster. He threw 24 TD passes in his second year. He was hampered most of the year with a hamstring injury which made him an ineffective pocket passer where he’s still developing. If he’s heakthy he’s MUCH better than his numbers this year. If we get both regular season QBs the Chiefs will win because Alex was clearly better.

Again this is what a franchise hopes for. Excuses made for them by the fans. Our best WR was wide open twice in this game for what would have been huge gains but he got the ball neither time. And yet the narrative is the defense which gave up 18 total points and the officials cost us the game. It’s funny that New England gave up an almost identical 19 points the next week and won by 17 points.

Again I’m glad Andy Reid took a different approach to the bad luck angle and went out and got a top tier QB prospect for the first time since the laughable curse started. You believe in curses, I believe in QBs. That’s the difference. You don’t think Mahomes can make a difference. I do. But that’s just opinion.

And again where’s this curse during the regular season? You predicted it, but where was it? Where’s it been? We just won back to back division titles for the first time EVER! What happened to the curse in Houston two years ago when we clearly had better QB? Why does it only seem to happen when the opposing team has a better QB? Seems coincidental.

Yeah, keep comparing Alex Smith to a once in a lifetime QB.  That's a great measuring stick.  I never said I don't think Mahomes can't make a difference, but the chances of him even being as good as Alex Smith are not very good.  Can you not see my avatar??? 

It's just simple math if you look at QBs drafted 1st round over the past 30 years.  You can already tell Chiefs' fans are going to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrate Mahomes just because he's not Alex Smith. 

Who cares about the regular season or about winning a playoff game only to lose the next one?  I've seen all of this before going back to 1989 when I first became a fan. 

Mahomes will have to be the next Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers if you expect anything to go our way with the refs in playoff games or other huge regular season games.

Maybe, just maybe, the Chiefs can then get a call or 2 to go their way. 

On Saturday,  you'll be watching the game in your Mahomes jersey hoping to say "we'll get 'em next year" and I'll be filling up Jobu's rum and cigars each week through the playoffs to shake this curse.

Outside 2015, this is the BEST chance we will have a making a huge playoff run for the next 2-3 years.  If KC and Mahomes instantly become playoff and super bowl contenders next year I'll gladly eat my crow.

I believe that sometimes star players and teams get subconscious preferential treatment. I do not believe that there is any conscious conspiracy against the Chiefs.

This is true. Well said. There’s no damn conspiracy.

Yeah, keep comparing Alex Smith to a once in a lifetime QB. That's a great measuring stick. I never said I don't think Mahomes can't make a difference, but the chances of him even being as good as Alex Smith are not very good. Can you not see my avatar???

It's just simple math if you look at QBs drafted 1st round over the past 30 years. You can already tell Chiefs' fans are going to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrate Mahomes just because he's not Alex Smith.

Who cares about the regular season or about winning a playoff game only to lose the next one? I've seen all of this before going back to 1989 when I first became a fan.

Mahomes will have to be the next Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers if you expect anything to go our way with the refs in playoff games or other huge regular season games.

On Saturday, you'll be watching the game in your Mahomes jersey hoping to say "we'll get 'em next year" and I'll be filling up Jobu's rum and cigars each week through the playoffs to shake this curse.

Outside 2015, this is the BEST chance we will have a making a huge playoff run for the next 2-3 years. If KC and Mahomes instantly become playoff and super bowl contenders next year I'll gladly eat my crow.

It’s comical to compare Mahomes chances for success to any other 1st round pick. They are all different guys, drafted by different organizations and had different coaches. The metrics of success or failure go way beyond your simple evaluation. He’s got truly special skills and Andy Reid gets the most out of every QB he’s ever had. I like our chances based on scouting, development and coaching.

On point you had this team dead and buried a month ago with the laughable because Chiefs mantra you love so much. And yet here we are division champs anyway. Because Chiefs have a pretty darn good team! That’s my mantra. But believe what you want.

Obviously all this rum your drinking has played some role in this playoff losing streak in your world, so perhaps I should counter it by petting black cats and walking under ladders. Or better I think I’ll go to the game and impact the game the onky way a fan can. With crowd noise.

I was there the last time we won a playoff game at Arrowhead with my lucky rabbits foot. And oh yeah, Joe Montana.

Yeah, keep comparing Alex Smith to a once in a lifetime QB.  That's a great measuring stick.  I never said I don't think Mahomes can't make a difference, but the chances of him even being as good as Alex Smith are not very good.  Can you not see my avatar??? 

It's just simple math if you look at QBs drafted 1st round over the past 30 years.  You can already tell Chiefs' fans are going to WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrate Mahomes just because he's not Alex Smith. 

Who cares about the regular season or about winning a playoff game only to lose the next one?  I've seen all of this before going back to 1989 when I first became a fan. 

On Saturday,  you'll be watching the game in your Mahomes jersey hoping to say "we'll get 'em next year" and I'll be filling up Jobu's rum and cigars each week through the playoffs to shake this curse.

Outside 2015, this is the BEST chance we will have a making a huge playoff run for the next 2-3 years.  If KC and Mahomes instantly become playoff and super bowl contenders next year I'll gladly eat my crow.

Dude you are going full (can't remember his name from the other board) overboard with these theories.  The Patriots were the laughing stock of the NFL before Bill B got there and even luck boxed into Brady, you think the NFL helped them win?  The Niners and Cowboys were the darlings of the NFL for generations and now I believe the list I saw was that 10 different NFC teams have made the NFC Championship game since the last time the Cowboys made it.  The niners aside from 1 run (who our QB was a part of) have been garbage ever since the Walsh era.  The seahawks are just like the Pats, were garbage for many many years until breaking through, you think the NFL helped them?  Teams like the Steelers and Pats are consistent because they have no turnover with their coaches and QB's.

There is no BS conspiracy theory and the NFL wants teams to win, teams get lucky and also make their luck.  

Dude you are going full (can't remember his name from the other board) overboard with these theories. The Patriots were the laughing stock of the NFL before Bill B got there and even luck boxed into Brady, you think the NFL helped them win? The Niners and Cowboys were the darlings of the NFL for generations and now I believe the list I saw was that 10 different NFC teams have made the NFC Championship game since the last time the Cowboys made it. The niners aside from 1 run (who our QB was a part of) have been garbage ever since the Walsh era. The seahawks are just like the Pats, were garbage for many many years until breaking through, you think the NFL helped them? Teams like the Steelers and Pats are consistent because they have no turnover with their coaches and QB's.

There is no BS conspiracy theory and the NFL wants teams to win, teams get lucky and also make their luck.

Amen to this. On point as it pertains to tomorrow, we are better than the Titans and need to go win accordingly so one bad call or bad break can’t beat us. You can blowup “curses” and biases by dominating as we did in Houston two years ago rather than hoping you get lucky. Luck goes both ways. Minus a dominant roster the betterand QB will win majority of the time in the NFL. And that’s played out in our playoff misfortunes.

I want the Chiefs to absolutely dominate this game. Local sports talk folks are in KC broadcasting ahead of the game. So far they have made some crack remarks about the Chiefs color scheme, downplayed Arrowhead as anything special, laughed at the Chiefs playoff record...and all but assured a win for the Titans barring catastrophic injury.

Please Chiefs...don't just eek out a win. Drop these bozos fast and hard.

I want the Chiefs to absolutely dominate this game. Local sports talk folks are in KC broadcasting ahead of the game. So far they have made some crack remarks about the Chiefs color scheme, downplayed Arrowhead as anything special, laughed at the Chiefs playoff record...and all but assured a win for the Titans barring catastrophic injury.

Please Chiefs...don't just eek out a win. Drop these bozos fast and hard.

Chiefs have proven Arrowhead Home Field Advantage is a MYTH. Better play their A game.

I agree with chiefsp, they're cursed.

You don't lose 4 playoff games since 1990 because of bad calls from the refs, also while losing other games scoring 43 points, or a kicker missing 3 chip shot FGs without having some kind of curse on you.

The NFL has always found a way to stick it to the Chiefs in the playoffs and just like 75% of all Chiefs' fans expecting Alex Smith to fail in the playoffs, I fully expect the NFL and refs to do their part in sending us home as well. 

Get mad at me all you want, but I know all the games since 1990 in which we got hosed by the refs that directly cost us the game INCLUDING LAST YEAR against Pittsburgh.

For Saturday, you can sure bet I'll have Jobu's rum will be overflowing and I will be sacrificing a live chicken to get us the win.

boom, nailed it.  what a joke the nfl referees are.

the problem i have with this year's referee debacle is the league refuses to do anything about the blown calls during the game.

the league office needs to be calling in during the review and MAKE THE RIGHT CALL.

I don't give a shit what the ref said, if it's the wrong call, IT'S THE WRONG F*CKING CALL.

Get it right at all costs.

boom, nailed it. what a joke the nfl referees are.

the problem i have with this year's referee debacle is the league refuses to do anything about the blown calls during the game.

the league office needs to be calling in during the review and MAKE THE RIGHT CALL.

I don't give a shit what the ref said, if it's the wrong call, IT'S THE WRONG F*CKING CALL.

Get it right at all costs.

But not just refs....Kelce going down for the game in the first half, and a key cog in our run D in Chris Jones going down in the second half. It all adds up - CURSED.

But not just refs....Kelce going down for the game in the first half, and a key cog in our run D in Chris Jones going down in the second half. It all adds up - CURSED.

yep, injuries to star players and fluke plays came back as usual.

Archived