How can you NOT be impressed with Mahomes

Seriously, he made some plays today that left the announcers speechless...two plays that alex or anyone else not named brady

would have taken a sack or just run out of bounds and taken a loss but this guy gets 1st downs on both plays to extend drives

Pat's arm strength is very impressive...gonna love the future of the Chiefs

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s got the mojo that’s for sure. There’s a distinct confidence he brings onto the field. I loved how he handled the last two minutes. Impressive. It’s nice to know the chiefs have a qb for the future. That’s a big deal.

It's nice to know there's another option at QB for the playoffs, should our offense stagnate with Alex.

After today, his stock went up tenfold

Ball placement still needs work and he needs to speed up his internal clock a little, but there was a heck of a lot to like.

The Chiefs are on track to be the elite team in the AFC.

Chiefs roster is far from elite but Mahomes could be elite.

I'll give Reid credit for putting Mahomes back in for the two minute drill.  It was a meaningless win, but the experience, even with a makeshift lineup, is priceless.  His confidence level must be off the charts right now in spite of the INT and the drops.  Almost feel sorry for Bray.

Chiefs roster is far from elite but Mahomes could be elite.

Throw in Hill, Hunt, Kelce, and an O-line that has a few young players and the future of the offense is pretty bright.  One more lineman and a big receiver would make it a possible top three.  Gotta get a pass rush, some run stoppers, and another CB along with a healthy Berry.  It's a good time to be a Chiefs' fan.

. get your head out of Alex's ass and appreciate what you saw.. your pathetic

Appreciate? Sandlotting?

I get it: He wasn't working with a full offense, and he was playing against a good defense. But is that the extent of your argument for Mahomes?

That is still the presumed quarterback for 2018, right? You think that quarterback is ready to take over this team? You think this team is ready for that quarterback to take over them?

Appreciate? Sandlotting?

I get it: He wasn't working with a full offense, and he was playing against a good defense. But is that the extent of your argument for Mahomes?

That is still the presumed quarterback for 2018, right? You think that quarterback is ready to take over this team? You think this team is ready for that quarterback to take over them?

The answer to all those questions is an unequivocal yes. Are you somehow unaware of what his teammates are saying about him?

What you are calling sandlotting is his ability to make plays that very few other qbs can make. He made some throws that were ill advised. No doubt. We all knew he would.

What did you see today that made you think he ISNT ready to lead an NFL team?

Appreciate? Sandlotting?

That is still the presumed quarterback for 2018, right? You think that quarterback is ready to take over this team? You think this team is ready for that quarterback to take over them?

Yes he’s ready. He threw a perfect end zone pass that was dropped. For some reason Nagy seemed intent on running our fb with six carrier carries at the goal line. I’ve been really high on Nagy but today I think he was shit. Like he was trying too hard to protect his young qb in goal line situations

Appreciate? Sandlotting?

That is still the presumed quarterback for 2018, right? You think that quarterback is ready to take over this team? You think this team is ready for that quarterback to take over them?

I'm excited by the future not the past. i got no ill feelings toward AS11 but IMHO   #15 is the future and after 50 + years of being a Chiefs fan  and 43 years of a season ticket holder I see an new QB that could actually be a home grown product we can be proud of. And for the record  I knew Blackledge was a bust from draft day one

I was happy with his performance today. It gives him just a tiny shot of confidence heading into 2018 season.

I'm sure he's learning a tremendous amount from Alex too as A Smith's QB intelligence is off the charts. If i remember, mahomes has a high qb iq too.

It is too promising to see a chief player who looks like a franchise qb.

Stoked for him 

I'm excited by the future not the past. i got no ill feelings toward AS11 but IMHO #15 is the future and after 50 + years of being a Chiefs fan and 43 years of a season ticket holder I see an new QB that could actually be a home grown product we can be proud of. And for the record I knew Blackledge was a bust from draft day one

We all knew before this game that there was literally nothing Mahomes could do that this guy wasn’t gonna piss all over. I don’t know if it’s Alex’s wife or what , but she’s the only one in the country not raving about what a 21 year old qb showed today.

I'm excited by the future not the past. i got no ill feelings toward AS11 but IMHO   #15 is the future and after 50 + years of being a Chiefs fan  and 43 years of a season ticket holder I see an new QB that could actually be a home grown product we can be proud of. And for the record  I knew Blackledge was a bust from draft day one

You were right about Blackledge. How sure are you that you aren't wrong about Mahomes? That game could have gone sideways on a number of his throws.

As it was mentioned above, if Mahomes continues to develop. I saw a lot of rocket balls and little touch on the passing, including the pass that may or may not be credited as an endzone drop (which was low but catchable). I saw a lot of forward progress on broken plays, not designed plays. I was very impressed on his recovery of Devey's terrible snap, and I also liked his checkdown to Sherman on the play about halfway through the third quarter. Those are the plays I want to see Mahomes make, because those are the plays that win football games against playoff teams.

The answer to all those questions is an unequivocal yes. Are you somehow unaware of what his teammates are saying about him?

What you are calling sandlotting is his ability to make plays that very few other qbs can make. He made some throws that were ill advised. No doubt. We all knew he would.

What did you see today that made you think he ISNT ready to lead an NFL team?

because his name isn't alex smith, that is all phatal cares about

Appreciate? Sandlotting?

Yes

The Chiefs punched in 2 redzone TD's and would of had a 3rd one if Robinson didn't blow his role completely. 

That's pretty equivalent to how a 13 year veteran does in the redzone.

I've discussed merely Mahomes' play. I've not taken from him his share of responsibility in helping his team advance down the field. As far as I'm concerned, he gets credit for two field goals and two touchdowns.

The Chiefs punched in 2 redzone TD's and would of had a 3rd one if Robinson didn't blow his role completely.

That's pretty equivalent to how a 13 year veteran does in the redzone.

We were near the bottom of the league in red zone efficiency coming in , so Mahomes is actually ahead of the curve compared to our current state.

Archived